IGNORED

Are we living in the Golden Age of the Jazz Piano Trio?

• 4 weeks later...

GoGo Penguin: V2.0

British Jazz Trio from Manchester. Have been enjoying the album immensely.

As the name suggests this is their second album. One of the better albums of the year.

310sIiwIMVL._SY450_.jpg

Review from All About Jazz: GoGo Penguin: v2.0

Custom Win10 Server | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Job INT | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

As the name suggests this is their second album. One of the better albums of the year.

310sIiwIMVL._SY450_.jpg

Very nice discovery. thanks for sharing.

I haven't been watching this thread for months and just dropped in. My god, these guys are good! I've got to find the time to examine this thread more closely. Until then, I'll be buying this one.

Thanks!

Gary

My latest discovery, 24/44 currently on sale at Qobuz. His latest 2014 album is with strings, not really for me, but this 2013 Crista Records/ Harmonia mundi recording is fun, energetic trio jazz.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14582[/ATTACH]

Beyond the Ocean | Thierry Maillard Trio*– Télécharger et écouter l'album

SQ ok, not outstanding. DR of 9-11.

On some tracks, there are guest musicians. Unfortunately Qobuz provides no booklet, so I had to google them, and found them here:

Error 404 - Not found

Win10 Sweetwater recording studio PC running JRMC > Soundcraft Ui24r 24-track digital mixer > JBL LSR308 via Magomi Balanced XLR cable pair

FYI, early next year will be the release of Giovanni Mirabassi's new album No Way Out.

I had the immense pleasure of seeing him and his trio live some weeks earlier this year and he was already playing tracks from the album, so i expect this to be a masterpiece.

10418394_10152660040158801_1798069941455519059_n.jpg

FYI, early next year will be the release of Giovanni Mirabassi's new album No Way Out.

I had the immense pleasure of seeing him and his trio live some weeks earlier this year and he was already playing tracks from the album, so i expect this to be a masterpiece.

Thanks for the heads-up .. looking forward to it.

Discovered Mirabessi thanks to this thread. Has become a favorite.

Look forward to it very much!

Custom Win10 Server | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Job INT | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15884[/ATTACH]

Very, very good news. I've seen it scheduled for 27th of January.

--

Krzysztof Maj

http://mkrzych.wordpress.com/

"Music is the highest form of art. It is also the most noble. It is human emotion, captured, crystallised, encased… and then passed on to others." - By Ken Ishiwata

I don't know if it was already mentioned somewhere, but I found this release quite nice and pretty well recorded - DR13 average up to DR15.

Fred Hersch Trio - Floating from Palmetto Records:

201_1405537465.jpg

--

Krzysztof Maj

"Music is the highest form of art. It is also the most noble. It is human emotion, captured, crystallised, encased… and then passed on to others." - By Ken Ishiwata

• 3 weeks later...

310sIiwIMVL._SY450_.jpg

Really Nice. Thanks.

A few reminiscences of the great EST!

Glad I put tidal to work, what a great way to discover new music...

I had recommended elsewhere on this forum Michael Wollny's excellent Weltentraum:

0614427956323.jpg

For whatever reason I forgot to mention it here on this thread, a mistake hereby rectified. This album is really good and very much recommended.

The only thing I can recommend even more is the outstanding live version, recorded in the small hall of the Berlin Philharmonie:

0614427957924.jpg

The 24/48 recording captures nicely the excellent acoustics of the space, and the live format gives these great musicians much more room. Definitely this will be among my top albums for 2015 (a bit early for such a prediction, but what the heck).

I had recommended elsewhere on this forum Michael Wollny's excellent Weltentraum:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16292[/ATTACH]

For whatever reason I forgot to mention it here on this thread, a mistake hereby rectified. This album is really good and very much recommended.

The only thing I can recommend even more is the outstanding live version, recorded in the small hall of the Berlin Philharmonie:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16293[/ATTACH]

The 24/48 recording captures nicely the excellent acoustics of the space, and the live format gives these great musicians much more room. Definitely this will be among my top albums for 2015 (a bit early for such a prediction, but what the heck).

I have studio version and music is fine, but compressed too much, however not so bad as some ACT records. Do you think that Live version is better?

--

Krzysztof Maj

I have studio version and music is fine, but compressed too much, however not so bad as some ACT records. Do you think that Live version is better?

I like very much ACT Music SQ , but more recorded music & musicians in their repertory, but honestly I never DR (just listen).

BTW, the Weltentraum's 24/48 (Musicophile recommendation) is wonderful. Thanks.

Roch

This might be also a gem of 2015 - upcoming Vijay Iyer Trio album:https://www.highresaudio.com/artist.php?abid=320840

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16394[/ATTACH]

U.S. release date, per Amazon, is 10 February. Arrgghhh.

Office: MacBook Pro - Audirvana Plus - Resonessence Concero - Cavailli Liquid Carbon - Sennheiser HD 800.

Travel/Portable: iPhone 7 or iPad Pro - AudioQuest Dragonfly Red - Audeze SINE or Noble Savant

This might be also a gem of 2015 - upcoming Vijay Iyer Trio album:https://www.highresaudio.com/artist.php?abid=320840

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16394[/ATTACH]

I already got the 24/96 DL on January 16, but I perceive dryness in the recording, like some ECMs. The music is very nice and crazy as Vijay, but never dry...!

Did you liked it?

Roch

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16580[/ATTACH]

The Marcin Wasilewski Trio has a new album on ECM - albeit there's a sax on half the tracks, but if you're an ECM/Wasilewski fan this is excellent stuff.

+1. Actually all albums from them are excellent.

--

Krzysztof Maj

+1. Actually all albums from them are excellent.

Absolutely, these guys are the most exciting trio around IMHO.

Recommended for others on this thread:

folder.jpg

folder.jpg

folder.jpg

folder.jpg

All feature mostly MW originals, with occasional cover versions. Just stunning.

iMac late 2009 8GB > Buffalo LinkStation LS-GL > APC H10 > ARCAM P90 > Totem Acoustic Sttaf | Sonos |FLAC