IGNORED

Are we living in the Golden Age of the Jazz Piano Trio?

I bought this DL and is amazing, on execution and SQ:

301 | E.S.T.*– Télécharger et écouter l'album

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13543[/ATTACH]

Roch

Ditto. It's also available in high resolution here: e.s.t. Esbjörn Svensson Trio - 301

--

Krzysztof Maj

http://mkrzych.wordpress.com/

"Music is the highest form of art. It is also the most noble. It is human emotion, captured, crystallised, encased… and then passed on to others." - By Ken Ishiwata

While we are spending more of what we don't have, highly recommend Marialy Pacheco piano Jazz trio (Marialy on piano, electric bass, drums). There's a Cuban influence, with classical and rhythmic jazz. Not too acquainted with the purists of Jazz genres, so the description is a little rough from my end, but I really like this music, has structure, fusion, or even progressive rock!

Recorded this year in Germany, a 96/24 sounds like DSD, it's delicious, nice DR, great image, very clean recording.

Here's a link. Available from highresaudio.com

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13548[/ATTACH]

Quite interesting, very well recorded indeed, little bit Hiromi'sh ;-) Thanks for reco for this "hot" album.

--

Krzysztof Maj

"Music is the highest form of art. It is also the most noble. It is human emotion, captured, crystallised, encased… and then passed on to others." - By Ken Ishiwata

• 3 weeks later...

Enrico Pieranunzi has recently release a new album, called Stories:

stories.jpg

I wouldn't call it his best album ever, but it is still a sold 4* performance worth checking out.

You can download it directly from the label here:

Stories - Enrico Pieranunzi with Scott Colley, Antonio Sanchez

Enrico Pieranunzi has recently release a new album, called Stories:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13778[/ATTACH]

I wouldn't call it his best album ever, but it is still a sold 4* performance worth checking out.

You can download it directly from the label here:

Stories - Enrico Pieranunzi with Scott Colley, Antonio Sanchez

Sonic quality?

--

Krzysztof Maj

This thread has opened my ears to so much good music. Thanks to all.

I just got an EST DVD earlier this week and I'm completely blown away. Those guys are so good! It's a shame I didn't know about them when he was alive. Sad, very sad.

I know the feeling. Worth every penny!

Third track in and I like what I'm hearing. Great SQ too. Happy they jumped into HiRez.

Thanks for the test. Downloading the 24/96 from Qobuz as we speak, together with the recent Cosi fan tutte by Nezet-Seguin, to leverage a 15% discount code Qobuz sent out.

If somebody else wants to use it, it's 15% off immediately for orders above 40€:

9TQ9HA6Z

Thanks for the test. Downloading the 24/96 from Qobuz as we speak, together with the recent Cosi fan tutte by Nezet-Seguin, to leverage a 15% discount code Qobuz sent out.

If somebody else wants to use it, it's 15% off immediately for orders above 40€:

9TQ9HA6Z

What do you think of the "Così"? I love the work (one of the first operas I ever performed), but haven't heard much about this recording.

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

What do you think of the "Così"? I love the work (one of the first operas I ever performed), but haven't heard much about this recording.

Haven't heard it yet. It got great reviews in several places, including a nomination for Gramophone awards, and I generally like Nezet-Seguin a lot, so I bought it "blindly", as I really have very little high-res opera in contemporary recordings.

Haven't heard it yet. It got great reviews in several places, including a nomination for Gramophone awards, and I generally like Nezet-Seguin a lot, so I bought it "blindly", as I really have very little high-res opera in contemporary recordings.

Fair enough - I may jump in "blindly", as well ;)

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

Spot-on timing for the creation and discovery of this kind of thread as I've lately become increasinly interested in Jazz, especially Jazz with piano notes.

I could start my contribution to the thread modestly with the following 2 albums:

Junko Onishi - Live At The Village Vanguard

Spotify: Junko Onishi Live At The Village Vanguard by Junko Onishi

51K7kELm57L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Junko Onishi - Live at the Village Vanguard, Vol. 2

Spotify: Junko Onishi – Village Vanguard 2

d0037296_17501946.jpg

Linn Majik DS, Violectric V200, LCD-2 Rev 2

Linn Kiko DSM

Fair enough - I may jump in "blindly", as well ;)

Quick comment, and sorry for others to the OT: just finished my first casual listening. The Gramophone review concludes "All most enjoyable" I'd second this.

The orchestral playing with the small ensemble of the Chamber Orchestra of Europe is very transparent and a highlight, but I still need to take some more time to get to know the singers a bit better for a proper judgment.

Overall, I'm happy with the purchase. It won't replace good old Karajan's reference version, but it is my only recent Cosi with the exception of Jacobs which is already 16 years old.

Plus, somebody needs to show the record industry that there is a market for new highres opera productions. There have been far too few.

And from now on I promise I refocus this thread on topic again. Welcome Aaro, and thanks for contributing. Have never heard of Onishi but will certainly check her out.

Anyone have some thoughts about this new Tingvall Trio album? Sonics, performance etc?

Beat | Tingvall Trio*– Télécharger et écouter l'album

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13941[/ATTACH]

See post no. 160-164, just before the little parenthesis on Mozart.

It's good, not very jazzy in many moments, but beautiful melodies. And the highres sounds really quite nice.

See post no. 160-164, just before the little parenthesis on Mozart.

It's good, not very jazzy in many moments, but beautiful melodies. And the highres sounds really quite nice.

Just checked some basic analytics. DR is 10-11, so average, but it seems to be true highres:

Ohne Titel.jpg

• 2 weeks later...