IGNORED

Are we living in the Golden Age of the Jazz Piano Trio?

Well he's Swiss, so the pronunciation is particularly tricky.

Stefan is pronounced something like steffun (the "e" open, similar to "bet", and the "a" similar to "fun").

Aeby would be somewhat close to Aybee.

Thank you. I think "are you...?" is my favorite recent purchase. It's extraordinary.

For some time now I've been interested in acquiring contemporary jazz recordings (love piano trios) but lacked direction. This thread is providing just that. It thrills my soul. With each and every purchase I've made recently, I'm struck by the enormous talent these musicians possess. So gifted, how fortunate we are.

Loaded up on Gerald Clayton today, thanks lfs. Funny that I have always enjoyed him with Roy Hargrove.

I'm glad you found him to your liking. His trio work is a recent and very pleasing discovery for me. And as you noted, he has done some fine work with other artists as well.

Just skimmed the thread and I don't think anyone mentioned Jacky Terrasson. He's been around a while but I love his albums that I have. I guess they are not all strictly trio albums, but that is his most frequent ensemble.

Here's one...

Paris.jpg

Roon ->UltraRendu + CI Audio 7v LPS-> Kii Control -> Kii Three

Roon->BMC UltraDAC->Mr Speakers Aeon Flow Open

• 3 weeks later...
A new discovery for me:

Espen Eriksen Trio: What Took You So Long (2012).

Recommended.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10767[/ATTACH]

Do you like this album? Here is another: You Had Me At Goodbye by Espen Eriksen Trio | GubeMusic

--

Krzysztof Maj

http://mkrzych.wordpress.com/

"Music is the highest form of art. It is also the most noble. It is human emotion, captured, crystallised, encased… and then passed on to others." - By Ken Ishiwata

One more discovery that I really enjoy, the German Triosence:

Turning Points | Triosence – Télécharger et écouter l'album

I really enjoy this album from 2013 and will certainly check out their earlier production as well. Unfortunately apparently not available in highres, but sounds good in redbook as well.

Can't .. stop .. ordering ..

• Helge Lien Trio - "Hello Troll"

• Stefan Aeby Trio - "Are You.. ?"

• Giovanni Mirabassi - "Architectures" (yes, I paid too much for this!)

Hi,

Architectures by Mirabassi was published by Sketch a label created by Philippe Ghielmetti that folded some years ago, so yes, they are quite difficult and pricey to find if you're looking for the original French cds. However, the catalogue was bought by Atelier Sawano in Japan, which has now a Sketch Collection (Sketch Series | Atelier Sawano) where you can find the Mirabassi.

Ghielmetti also created later on the label Minium which has also folded but some recordings can still be found online (I think Qobuz has some) and has now three labels: Illusions, Sans Bruits and Visions Fugitives.

(illusions)

sans bruit | creative music(s) and jazz

Vision Fugitive english

Cheers,

Pierre

Hi,

Architectures by Mirabassi was published by Sketch a label created by Philippe Ghielmetti that folded some years ago, so yes, they are quite difficult and pricey to find if you're looking for the original French cds. However, the catalogue was bought by Atelier Sawano in Japan, which has now a Sketch Collection (Sketch Series | Atelier Sawano) where you can find the Mirabassi.

Ghielmetti also created later on the label Minium which has also folded but some recordings can still be found online (I think Qobuz has some) and has now three labels: Illusions, Sans Bruits and Visions Fugitives.

(illusions)

sans bruit | creative music(s) and jazz

Vision Fugitive english

Cheers,

Pierre

Thanks Pierre, really helpful.

Are there any albums on top of the Miabassi from these labels that you would recommend checking out?

+1 for performance, but sonics little bit dull for me without feelings of the space.

Well I agree on that, incredible well played but after awhile I miss placement and depth. The ''Serenity album'' has that.

It is not Jan Erik Kongshau who engineered the album, maybe that is why.

Recently discovered a trio album by 3 French (one of the being Italian actually), where they only play cover songs of the late 1960s:

Flower Power – Télécharger et écouter l'album

3298499001944_600.jpg

Ever wanted to hear "Je t'aime, moi non plus", "Mr Tambourine Man", or "Bridge Over Troubled Water" played by a Jazz trio?

This is for you. Quite well recorded as well.

Worth checking out.

Hello,

I just recently bought below album on Qobuz.com and would like to say that's the absolute stunning performance and top notch sonics for a live recording! Highly recommended (CD quality)!

0093624684862_230.jpg

--

Krzysztof Maj

"Music is the highest form of art. It is also the most noble. It is human emotion, captured, crystallised, encased… and then passed on to others." - By Ken Ishiwata

Musicophile, thank you very much for sharing that list. Because of it I got to know Alboran Trio and they are indeed amazing! :)

1. WiiM Pro - Mola Mola Makua - Apollon NCx500+SS2590 - March Audio Sointuva AWG

2. LG 77C1 - Marantz SR7005 - Apollon NC502MP+NC252MP - Monitor Audio PL100+PLC150+C265 - SVS SB-3000

3. PC - RME ADI-2 DAC FS - Neumann KH 80 DSP

4. Phone - Tanchjim Space - Truthear Zero Red

5. PC - Keysion ES2981 - Truthear Zero Red

Recently discovered a trio album by 3 French (one of the being Italian actually), where they only play cover songs of the late 1960s:

Flower Power*– Télécharger et écouter l'album

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10889[/ATTACH]

Ever wanted to hear "Je t'aime, moi non plus", "Mr Tambourine Man", or "Bridge Over Troubled Water" played by a Jazz trio?

This is for you. Quite well recorded as well.

Worth checking out.

My wife would like you to stop discovering new music. It's killing our budget. :)

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

• 2 weeks later...
Hello,

I just recently bought below album on Qobuz.com and would like to say that's the absolute stunning performance and top notch sonics for a live recording! Highly recommended (CD quality)!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10951[/ATTACH]

Great album! Many thanks for the recommendation. Superb sound quality, better than some of the high-res material I might add!

Guillaume

Devialet 500, Moon MiND 180, Wilson Sophia 3, Transparent Reference XL digital interconnects, Chord Sarum speaker cable

Hello,

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10951[/ATTACH]

Great album! Many thanks for the recommendation. Superb sound quality, better than some of the high-res material I might add!

Guillaume

Welcome.

--

Krzysztof Maj