IGNORED

Are we living in the Golden Age of the Jazz Piano Trio?

Lars Jansson trio.

Koan is a rich, multilayered recording and another good example of the quality of Swedish jazz in 2012 as it looks beyond its expansive borders for inspiration yet retains a distinctly clean, warm and daring sound.
''all about jazz'

highly recommended

$wm1_0x700_$_PCD137_cov.jpg

• 7 months later...
My latest discovery, 24/44 currently on sale at Qobuz. His latest 2014 album is with strings, not really for me, but this 2013 Crista Records/ Harmonia mundi recording is fun, energetic trio jazz.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14582[/ATTACH]

Beyond the Ocean | Thierry Maillard Trio*– Télécharger et écouter l'album

SQ ok, not outstanding. DR of 9-11.

On some tracks, there are guest musicians. Unfortunately Qobuz provides no booklet, so I had to google them, and found them here:

Error 404 - Not found

Good Stuff!

Thanks for posting!

• 10 months later...
Downloaded this one yesterday on the Sound Liaison site.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20722[/ATTACH]

It is a stunningly well recorded download, depth and placement and so well balanced.

And the music is lovely, melody first as it says in the liner notes;

Sound Liaison Music Shop

(normally they notify me of new releases but for some reason I did not get a notification, anybody...?).

I had a newsletter, on Saturday. Bought it on Sunday. Lovely album.

• 3 weeks later...
There is a Rad Bennett review here;RadsReferenceReviews | Rad Bennett…reviewing music and film for five decades

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20958[/ATTACH] ? I only hear a set drums, very well played, but as far as I can tell it is one musician playing.

But check the sample of track one; Sound Liaison Music Shop .............that is just a drummer no?

It is a trio playing, so the ''percussion instruments'' is just a drum set. Rad Bennett is more known for his reviews of classical music so he is excused. :)

One of my recent purchase. Very well played and interesting contemporary trio music. Improvised, but with good taste and not overworked. Sound it not bad, slightly too much compressed, but legit 24/96 download from HDTracks. Recommended to check it out.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21224[/ATTACH]

What a great thread!

I am going to get this and the McBride trio as well.

Found a making off video of Perez:

Originally Posted by Boris75viewpost-right.png

+1. I very much enjoy this one a lot for the quality of both sound and music.

There is a Rad Bennett review here;RadsReferenceReviews | Rad Bennett…reviewing music and film for five decades

Witmertrio300shadow.jpg ? I only hear a set drums, very well played, but as far as I can tell it is one musician playing.

But check the sample of track one; Sound Liaison Music Shop .............that is just a drummer no?

It is a trio playing, so the ''percussion instruments'' is just a drum set. Rad Bennett is more known for his reviews of classical music so he is excused. :)

But one could argue that drums are
. the sound of the many percussion instruments that are so imaginatively employed.

OK:)

Thanks, given that Montreux is on Qobuz I'll just stream it first (Sublime subscriber).

Love Jeff Hamilton by the way! He's one of the reasons that some of Diana Krall's albums are good in spite of being very mainstream, and he does a killer job as part of the Ray Brown trio as well. I saw him live, 20 years ago, with Gene Harris and Ray Brown, still remember that concert...

and do not forget Jeff's own trio!

New to this thread, I hope this hasn't been mentioned yet:

Tarek Yamani Trio - Ashur (Piano Trio with a tuba instead of a double base)

Anne Guus Teerhuis Trio - Tarhouse Tales.

Both bands feature the same drummer, btw.

This isn't available on HD Tracks or qobuz as of yet but you can stream it via tidal.

Tarhouse Tales is excellent.

cd_anne_guus_teerhuis_trio_tarhouse_tales.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 6/16/2019 at 9:57 PM, alsterfan said:

I once again contacted Paolo (Alboran Trio). And this is what he answered:

"We would like to try to see if Manfred Eicher of the ECM was interested...Otherwise we will try other labels."

So there still is some reason to believe, that a new release might surface some time.

Regards,

Uwe

On 6/16/2019 at 11:27 PM, sphinxsix said:

It'd be great to hear them on ECM! 

tell them about trptk or Sound Liaison

if they have Kohashi they could have them too...

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...