IGNORED

Article: Advanced Acourate Digital XO Time Alignment Driver Linearization Walkthrough

Hi Mitch,

I'm sorry I'm very late to this, I'm looking for a way to connect up a Klipsch horn system in a similar way. Can you confirm that when you say - "the Hilo is connected via USB to the computer and Hilo's 6 analog outputs are input to the 6 amplifiers" - you are using the monitor and headphone outputs as well as the line outs? If this is the case have you noticed any differences, other than the cable terminations, between the three outputs? Do you think that using the Hilo is an improvement on using a PCI card? I ask because I'm getting lost in the spec sheets of the various professional audio interfaces. Many thanks.

David Whistance

Hi Mitch

Many thanks for the really quick and helpful reply. I'll have to start start saving for a Hilo, or at least looking for a buyer for my current valve preamp. I'll also have to look for a compatible amplifier to use with my moving coil cartridges so I can try using PureVinyl rather than my phone stage. At the moment I use a set of Supratek Merlot valve amps but will probably move to solid state for tri-amping, mostly on cost grounds. I am thinking about three JLH 69's or First Watt amps but will have to see what funds and time allow.

David