IGNORED

Article: Advanced Acourate Digital XO Time Alignment Driver Linearization Walkthrough

Very impressive work - worth registering for as a new member! It strikes me that the many steps you went through are straightforward but rather complicated, and lend themselves to a rules-based approach to perhaps automate a bit that would help the engineering-impaired. Perhaps Uli (with help from the likes of you) could develop something within Acourate to do that. I don't propose that the result would be as good as what you achieved, but what if Acourate had a "novice" option to use a more rules-driven, automated approach, and an "expert" option that is essentially manual like your experience?

Mitchco, on a note related to justM, when you get a chance could you add a diagram of exactly how you connected all of your components to do what you did? I did look up the Hilo user guide and I see how that can be configured for 6 channels (impressive), but figuring out exactly how everything was wired is a struggle for me. Thanks!

Mitchco, on a note related to justM, when you get a chance could you add a diagram of exactly how you connected all of your components to do what you did? I did look up the Hilo user guide and I see how that can be configured for 6 channels (impressive), but figuring out exactly how everything was wired is a struggle for me. Thanks!

I think I figured most of it out. You connected a digital stereo out from your PC to the Hilo, and then from the Hilo to each of 3 stereo (or 6 mono) amps, and then from the amps to each of the drivers in each speaker. I'm not clear on how you exactly connected the microphone to ensure accurate loopback capability for timing measurements.

Also, please correct me if I'm wrong, but it would seem that one could not do accurate time measurements with a USB microphone like the UMM-6 because it has an A/D converter embedded in the microphone that would be clocked differently than the digital signal output from the PC.