IGNORED

Article: Advanced Acourate Digital XO Time Alignment Driver Linearization Walkthrough

Hi Mitch,

Been a bit of a voyeur when it comes to Acourate, but your post has come at the right time and has persuaded me to push the button on the software and mic.

I have bought a Void Indigo speaker system, and need to use the XO function as well as the DRC of Acourate to get it up and running.

To that end i have bought an 8 channel ADC / DAC - the Lucid 88192 which i can find at a good price.

Jriver will take over the front end and volume control duties.

i will send digital audio out via the toslink on my computer and into the Lucid running at 48KHz (until i find a 24/192 card with a decent AES digital output.)

Is relying on JRivers volume control a safe option and are there any glaring problems you would forsee?

Thanks

Mike

Thanks Mitch,

I will post some pictures Christmas and new year, when i get a chance to get things up together. The Lucid converter was a bit of a punt, but at £400 for 8 channels of AD / DA, it has got to be worth a shot.

Will pick up an AES card now, so the computer can talk to the DAC.

Have been selling off random bits of audio equipment to fund the project - should keep me entertained for a while!

The last bit to get will be Acourate :-)

Cheers