IGNORED

New Berkeley DAC? This article implies as much but ... ?

Mono and Stereo High-End Audio Magazine: Berkeley Audio Design Alpha DAC Reference Series

Talk about bad journalism....a picture, a totally vague statement, then a link to the Berkeley site that makes no mention of a new DAC....I would be keenly interested and have always wondered when these guys would jump into the newer DAC market having set the baseline for complete high fidelity digital for so many years.

Any one have any news?

Cheers,

WDW

Yes, this has been in the works for a very long time. I can't wait to get the review sample.

Chris,

I suspect you're within that small tier of reviewers that will, or certainly should, have one of the few first review samples.

Let us know,

Regards,

Warren

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Haven't heard it yet. I believe it will be used by The Audio Salon at the Newport show in less than one week.

Hello Chris,

I had thought that you would have been offered one for review by now. Are you scheduled to have one in for review in the future?

Regards,

Warren

• 1 month later...
Correct, no USB. Berkeley Audio Design believes DACs can only be optimized for PCM or DSD, but not both. Thus, only PCM is supported. Berkeley recommends converting DSD to PCM offline with software included with the DAC.

Hello Chris,

Any update to share? Has been some time.

Wdw