IGNORED

Hard Drives Make a Difference in Sound

Tin foil? Maybe I missed this, but is the tin foil grounded? Have you considered something like BX cable sheathing or large copper braid/tube that is opened. Heck, maybe even soft copper plumbing pipe bent to shape. I haven't the time to mess with this, but I am curious...

Forrest:

Win10 i9 9900KS/GTX1060 HQPlayer4>Win10 NAA

DSD>Pavel's DSC2.6>Bent Audio TAP>

Parasound JC1>"Naked" Quad ESL63/Tannoy PS350B subs<100Hz

• 1 month later...

True that!

It is purely bad manners, as well as poor methodology, to come into a thread like this and say something like that.

Paul

Forrest:

Oh, so you are another evangelist. Just what this sight needs is another person "saving" audio. Can't others just leave the fools alone to themselves? I do have to thank you however, for admitting that you are looking to sway opinion. IMO it is important to understand that information is not being offered as a data point, but to facilitate a change in other person's viewpoint. If you truly want to see improvements, let them work on that and you can spend your time pursuing something that you think matters. In the end, what works and what doesn't will show itself.

Yes, it seems that much is clear.

I just think it's a shame because I believe these ideas are harmful to the hobby and might suppress actual improvements to audio quality. Instead of technical achievements, companies like Acoustic Revive develop snake oil like pure silk absorbers and cable lifters.

Forrest:

Reducing jitter does seem to increase perceived PRaT/dynamic shading.

I do not know of any reports of jitter destroying dynamic range or increasing the actual volume of a signal. If you do, please point me to them.

Forrest: