IGNORED

M2Tech HiFace Mavericks problem

nieldm

Is it possible on mavericks (or 10.8 i am running) to run simoultaneously two hiface EVO or one EVO and one hiface2??

I would like to biamp my front speakers sending audio from Amarra with soundflower to Logic and apply crossover and use combined device to output 4 channels spdif (or I2S with 2 EVO)

i currently use macmini, Amarra hifi and EVO with clock and battery amp in I2S to an Audiogd NFB 7.32 (i would buy a second one) and than to Krell HTS and TAS with BG radia L800 speakers that requires to be biamped......sounds great IMHO...

In Linux it's possible to connect all the device together hiface 1 or 2 Evo Voughan. It creates a sound card for each device, but I have seen that mac osx can not support even 2 usb audio 2 device with the same id.

In Linux it's possible to connect all the device together hiface 1 or 2 Evo Voughan. It creates a sound card for each device, but I have seen that mac osx can not support even 2 usb audio 2 device with the same id.

I aked also to M2TECH, they quickly answered...here is reply

"Salve,

Allo stato attuale sicuramente la combinazione EVO+HIFACE2 funziona,

mentre due dispositivi simili vengono sovrascritti ed in pratica

l'ultimo collegato è quello disponibile.

Infine di seguito il link per il nuovo driver per Mavericks per

l'hiFace EVO

http://www.m2tech.biz/it/mavericks_install.html

Saluti"

Translated it sounds

The combination of EVO and Hiface2 works for sure, but two similar devices will be overwritten and the last connected only will be shown

mmmmmm i sould try hiface2....or buy an external analog crossover!

Set Use Maximum Device Buffer Size to off

For BitPerfect users: just in case if you are not aware, you need to set the Max Bit Depth to "Maximum" or "32-bit" in order to use Integer Mode.

Normally BitPerfect (when Max Bit Depth = "Automatic (Optimal)") will try to best-match the closest bit depth of the device to the audio bit depth (which is either 16-bit or 24-bit audio).

The v1.2 M2Tech driver enabled the Integer Mode support in 32-bit only. It will revert to normal float mode in 24-bit as confirmed by BitPerfect team.

For BitPerfect users: just in case if you are not aware, you need to set the Max Bit Depth to "Maximum" or "32-bit" in order to use Integer Mode.

Normally BitPerfect (when Max Bit Depth = "Automatic (Optimal)") will try to best-match the closest bit depth of the device to the audio bit depth (which is either 16-bit or 24-bit audio).

The v1.2 M2Tech driver enabled the Integer Mode support in 32-bit only. It will revert to normal float mode in 24-bit as confirmed by BitPerfect team.

Mine is in ‘Automatic (Optimal)’ mode and the output is always in 32-bit and integer no matter the program. I have the Evo if that’s the reason it works differently on my end?

Mine is in ‘Automatic (Optimal)’ mode and the output is always in 32-bit and integer no matter the program. I have the Evo if that’s the reason it works differently on my end?

Not sure about that. Are you using the v1.2 version of driver from M2Tech web site, or the one the developer posted in this thread two weeks ago?

Anyway if you are playing 32-bit data stream then it is good for Integer Mode.

kiccolsd i hope this helps

This are my settings for getting Integer Mode with Audirvana+

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12414[/ATTACH]

The key is to turn off Limit max bitdepth to 24 instead of 32

Hackintosh I7 16GB Ram, Roon, HQPlayer, Drobo 8 TB NAS, Raspberry Pi 3 NAA, Gustard X20 ES 9018 Xmos, Audio GD C39 Preamp, The First ONE DIY Amp, Monitor Audio GS20 Speakers, Monitor Audio RSW12 Subwoofer, PI Audio MagikBuss filter.

Does this new driver only work with mavericks or could I use it to enable integer mode with snow leopard sorry if this seems a stupid question also presumably integer mode is only offered by certain versions of audirvana does anyone know which level I need

Thanks for your patience

Hi,

Newbie here.

I've been playing around with the new M2Tech EVO/Mavericks driver for a while in conjuction with A+ and Amarra players on a 2 yr old MBP. It all works resonably well apart from 24/192 playback which is patchy in both players. Upgrading the USB cable helped a little but I'm still getting occasional dropouts and sometimes, completely broken playback. I've not seen anyone else complain about this so I'm wondering what I could be doing wrong. Any ideas?

This topic should change name in: M2Tech HiFace Yosemite problem...dear Panikingas . Have a good workiing day

g.

MacMini 2012 i5 2.3| 4GB |Crucial M4 64 Gb SSD |10.9.1| NorthStar Driver | Optimization Script |HiFace 1| JRiver 19 Mac | Buffalo II DAC | Mastersound 220| Rega Naos

This topic should change name in: M2Tech HiFace Yosemite problem...dear Panikingas . Have a good workiing day

g.

Yes presumably Yosemite will be another ball game but having waited for ages until I thought the update to mavericks and the new driver were proven I discovered that for me the uninstaller for the old driver downloaded from the mz2tech site did not work and as we all know if the old driver is still there nothing works.

BEWARE I don't know if it was just me but I spent all day and got nowhere.

The uninstall via the terminal window did work and is detailed previously in this thread.

It's straightforward for most but not for a computer illiterate like me.

One thing that got me was... When it askes for a password enter your normal Apple Mac one but you don't see it going in and ignore any error messages as you type in the commands, just hope when you're done that the old hiface driver no longer appears in the midi set up menu.

If the new driver installs instantly it probably hasn't installed as the process has found the old driver and done nothing.

If the new driver takes a few seconds to install then it's going in.

Hope this helps other computer ignoramuses, good luck

Hi Stewartg, what I can say is that the uninstaller in my case must have worked, the old driver no longer appear in midi audio after rebooting. Following the procedure leads to nothing in midi audio with the new Maverik driver. I know that this is an absolute no problem to Apple, but why change every new osx issue?

Well I'll give a try with the manual procedure

G

MacMini 2012 i5 2.3| 4GB |Crucial M4 64 Gb SSD |10.9.1| NorthStar Driver | Optimization Script |HiFace 1| JRiver 19 Mac | Buffalo II DAC | Mastersound 220| Rega Naos

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

Just installed Mavericks yesterday to try out the Integer mode with Audirvana Plus 1.5.12 / Metrum Hex.

Everything works great, except if "forced upsampling" is selected (powers of 2) playback randomly cuts out / stutters (maybe 30 seconds to a minute into a song). Playing native high-rez files seems to work fine. Also, if I have different bitrate files in the playlist it will just stop playing when it gets to them (for example if won't switch from 44.1 to 96 without shutting down Audirvana). Anyone experiencing the same issue? (Maybe the hardware is to "weak", late 2008 Mac Core Duo 2ghz with 4gb of RAM) - playback was flawless in every way with Mountain Lion / old Hiface driver...

Hello everyone,

Just installed Mavericks yesterday to try out the Integer mode with Audirvana Plus 1.5.12 / Metrum Hex.

Everything works great, except if "forced upsampling" is selected (powers of 2) playback randomly cuts out / stutters (maybe 30 seconds to a minute into a song). Playing native high-rez files seems to work fine. Also, if I have different bitrate files in the playlist it will just stop playing when it gets to them (for example if won't switch from 44.1 to 96 without shutting down Audirvana). Anyone experiencing the same issue? (Maybe the hardware is to "weak", late 2008 Mac Core Duo 2ghz with 4gb of RAM) - playback was flawless in every way with Mountain Lion / old Hiface driver...

I'm not having the problems you've described; however my upsampling selection is different. I use the custom upsampling option with the Hex, i.e. 44.1 to 88.2 and 48 to 96 all other files played at native resolution. I also have direct mode unchecked, in this configuration I've no problems at all.

You my find these settings to be a lot less taxing on your older mini, and possibly a better sounding option given the Hex is an NOS DAC.

Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Metrum Hex NOS DAC w/Upgraded USB Module-2, UpTone Regen Amber, Pass Labs INT-30A Amplifier, B&W 802 Diamond Speakers, Shotgun Bi-wire Kimber 4TC Cables. Headphone setup: Burson Soloist Amp, Audeze LCD-3 Headphones.

Thanks for your input... wouldn't deselecting Direct mode preclude using Integer mode (I am away from my system currently but I'll give it a try). The MacBook is only used to play music. The only reason I upgraded to Mavericks is to have the Integer mode. And you're right, in some cases the Hex sounds bette with light or no upsampling. Do you think the new driver sounds better in your system with the HEX, than did the old one on Mountain Lion?

Thanks for your input... wouldn't deselecting Direct mode preclude using Integer mode (I am away from my system currently but I'll give it a try). The MacBook is only used to play music. The only reason I upgraded to Mavericks is to have the Integer mode. And you're right, in some cases the Hex sounds bette with light or no upsampling. Do you think the new driver sounds better in your system with the HEX, than did the old one on Mountain Lion?

Direct mode has nothing to do with integer mode, so selecting it off will not prevent integer mode. Direct mode was a work around to improve audio performance in Mountain Lion due to its loss of integer mode capability. Since Mavericks is once again capable of integer mode direct mode is not needed.

As far as the new driver sounding better, yes because it's integer mode capable. I also no longer need to use my SPDIF convertor to gain this capability so it cleans things up a bit for me too. Hope that helps.

Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Metrum Hex NOS DAC w/Upgraded USB Module-2, UpTone Regen Amber, Pass Labs INT-30A Amplifier, B&W 802 Diamond Speakers, Shotgun Bi-wire Kimber 4TC Cables. Headphone setup: Burson Soloist Amp, Audeze LCD-3 Headphones.

Direct mode has nothing to do with integer mode, so selecting it off will not prevent integer mode. Direct mode was a work around to improve audio performance in Mountain Lion due to its loss of integer mode capability. Since Mavericks is once again capable of integer mode direct mode is not needed.

As far as the new driver sounding better, yes because it's integer mode capable. I also no longer need to use my SPDIF convertor to gain this capability so it cleans things up a bit for me too. Hope that helps.

Does it ever help... I de-selected the Direct mode earlier today, and magic...zero issues. It wasn't the hardware, 2% CPU utilisation when playing 192/24 files - the old MacBook does not break a sweat. Metrum HEX and the much missed integer mode - dream come true :) Thank you again and enjoy your tunes :)

Does it ever help... I de-selected the Direct mode earlier today, and magic...zero issues. It wasn't the hardware, 2% CPU utilisation when playing 192/24 files - the old MacBook does not break a sweat. Metrum HEX and the much missed integer mode - dream come true :) Thank you again and enjoy your tunes :)

Glad it worked out.

• 1 month later...

Not working for me.

I had OS X 10.8.5 installed on my Late-2009 Mac Mini. All seemed to be working fine until one day the driver disappeared. It was no longer in the MIDI Audio setup. First, I re-installed the driver. Did not work. Next, I tried to uninstall the driver and re-install it still did not work. I googled the issue and saw there were a few people with issues of it not working and migrated to Mavericks with the new driver. I followed the directions on the M2Tech site to uninstall the driver with their script, reboot, and then re-install the driver.

Still nothing. There is nothing in my MIDI Audio setup, just the default Input and Output selections.

Any thoughts?