IGNORED

M2Tech HiFace Mavericks problem

nieldm

I’m using BitPerfect and getting a very fast stuttering that is rising in amplitude from approx. 15 mins. of playback. I eventually have to close BitPerfect and open it again to fix this issue. I have reported this to the developer, but do anyone else experience this issue? The beta 1.2 driver did *not* exhibit this issue I might add.

Set Use Maximum Device Buffer Size to off

Hackintosh I7 16GB Ram, Roon, HQPlayer, Drobo 8 TB NAS, Raspberry Pi 3 NAA, Gustard X20 ES 9018 Xmos, Audio GD C39 Preamp, The First ONE DIY Amp, Monitor Audio GS20 Speakers, Monitor Audio RSW12 Subwoofer, PI Audio MagikBuss filter.

This are my settings for getting Integer Mode with Audirvana+

Captura de pantalla 2014-05-13 a la(s) 20.19.49.png

The key is to turn off Limit max bitdepth to 24 instead of 32

Hackintosh I7 16GB Ram, Roon, HQPlayer, Drobo 8 TB NAS, Raspberry Pi 3 NAA, Gustard X20 ES 9018 Xmos, Audio GD C39 Preamp, The First ONE DIY Amp, Monitor Audio GS20 Speakers, Monitor Audio RSW12 Subwoofer, PI Audio MagikBuss filter.

On a whim I tried turning on Integer Mode in BitPerfect with the ‘Use maximum buffer’ disabled, and this works! Sound quality is now on par with Audirvana in Integer Mode. The difference between Integer Mode and mixer mode is quite distinctive.

Hi Guys,

I upgraded to maverick downloaded the new driver and no data transferred from the computer, I spent all day struggling to find out why it's not working with no success.

Any help will be welcome

Thanks

On a whim I tried turning on Integer Mode in BitPerfect with the ‘Use maximum buffer’ disabled, and this works! Sound quality is now on par with Audirvana in Integer Mode. The difference between Integer Mode and mixer mode is quite distinctive.

I've not heard the term mixer mode before but I was unable to use Integer mode until recently and I agree it's a big improvement. I also added an Empirical Audio Short Block filter to my USB line and thought it improved things also. Between the two, things are sounding nice!

I've not heard the term mixer mode before but I was unable to use Integer mode until recently and I agree it's a big improvement. I also added an Empirical Audio Short Block filter to my USB line and thought it improved things also. Between the two, things are sounding nice!

Well, strictly speaking it’s called ‘Standard Float Mode’.

Screen Shot 2014-05-15 at 01.54.28.png

Hi Guys,

I upgraded to maverick downloaded the new driver and no data transferred from the computer, I spent all day struggling to find out why it's not working with no success.

Any help will be welcome

Thanks

alfe

Does the hiface (Evo) appears on the midi audio configuration??

I have an Evo and no problems with mavericks 10.9.2, just beautiful sound, works in integer mode with Audirvana+, Pure Music and Bitperfect.

I've got my Metrum Hex up and running with Pure Music, itunes and Mavericks 10.9.2. I'm listening to integer mode in Pure Music now through the USB on the Hex. I've also run it through the audiophileo and that all works fine too. It sounds great!

The difference maker for me was going back and spending about an hour reading the most recent version of the Pure Music user's guide cover to cover. I had not done this in a LONG while. I reviewed all the settings one by one on my system. One other thing I did was to uninstall the original M2tech driver from my system and then installed the new 1.2 version in it's place. Don't know if that made a difference but it's all working now.

I'm no expert but got the idea from reading back in this thread (#274 I think) and then asked google how to do it. If you are using a Mac, open the icon for your hard drive on your desktop. If the hard drive icon is not visible on your desktop then make it so in Finder Preferences, General, Show Hard Disks. From the Hard Drive open the System then Library then Extensions where you will see a HiFace.kext file. Throw that away, empty the trash, restart your computer and then download and install the new 1.2 driver (I used the one from the link provided here by juliocat to the M2Tech "official version"). That's what I did and think it uninstalled the old and installed the new. I have no idea how to do this in Windows!

Run these:

sudo kextunload -b 'com.m2tech.driver'

sudo kextunload -b 'com.async.driver.async192'

sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/Hiface.kext

sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/async192.kext

sudo pkgutil --forget com.m2tech.driver

sudo pkgutil --forget com.async.driver.async192

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions

This is better, open a terminal window and run these

I've got my Metrum Hex up and running with Pure Music, itunes and Mavericks 10.9.2. I'm listening to integer mode in Pure Music now through the USB on the Hex. I've also run it through the audiophileo and that all works fine too. It sounds great!

Hi tubes59,

I haven't yet installed the new driver to try for myself, but prior to the new driver being available I preferred the Hex running through the Audiophileo. I beleive this was mostly due to the Audiophileo allowing interger mode in A+.

How would you rate the Hex's performance without the Audiophileo given integer mode is now available for both? Does the Hex Audiophileo combination hold an edge over straight USB to the Hex?

Thanks

Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Metrum Hex NOS DAC w/Upgraded USB Module-2, UpTone Regen Amber, Pass Labs INT-30A Amplifier, B&W 802 Diamond Speakers, Shotgun Bi-wire Kimber 4TC Cables. Headphone setup: Burson Soloist Amp, Audeze LCD-3 Headphones.

Hi tubes59,

I haven't yet installed the new driver to try for myself, but prior to the new driver being available I preferred the Hex running through the Audiophileo. I beleive this was mostly due to the Audiophileo allowing interger mode in A+.

How would you rate the Hex's performance without the Audiophileo given integer mode is now available for both? Does the Hex Audiophileo combination hold an edge over straight USB to the Hex?

Thanks

I wish I had a meaningful answer for you but I don't yet. I just have not had any extra time to A-B the USB vs. the Audiophileo. I've been busy getting the 1.2 driver installed and listening to integer and now the upgrade to PM 2!

I have the code in front of me and I can say integer mode it's the same. The only nice things that Linux do are:

- integer mixing using dmix

- multiple connection of several hiface devices in the same laptop

Is it possible on mavericks (or 10.8 i am running) to run simoultaneously two hiface EVO or one EVO and one hiface2??

I would like to biamp my front speakers sending audio from Amarra with soundflower to Logic and apply crossover and use combined device to output 4 channels spdif (or I2S with 2 EVO)

i currently use macmini, Amarra hifi and EVO with clock and battery amp in I2S to an Audiogd NFB 7.32 (i would buy a second one) and than to Krell HTS and TAS with BG radia L800 speakers that requires to be biamped......sounds great IMHO...