IGNORED

M2Tech HiFace Mavericks problem

nieldm

panickingas:

The 1.2 driver works with no clipping thru iTunes playback anymore. I would say it is at least working at the same level as the W4S alternative we were using until last week.

I think this driver is better sounding than the Original and the W4S, is sounding like the one from Linux which for me was the better (Windows included).

Hackintosh I7 16GB Ram, Roon, HQPlayer, Drobo 8 TB NAS, Raspberry Pi 3 NAA, Gustard X20 ES 9018 Xmos, Audio GD C39 Preamp, The First ONE DIY Amp, Monitor Audio GS20 Speakers, Monitor Audio RSW12 Subwoofer, PI Audio MagikBuss filter.

I think this driver is better sounding than the Original and the W4S, is sounding like the one from Linux which for me was the better (Windows included).

I have the code in front of me and I can say integer mode it's the same. The only nice things that Linux do are:

- integer mixing using dmix

- multiple connection of several hiface devices in the same laptop

Is still windows alive :D? I think that best way to listen to music is on Linux. The problem that I did't find too much professional player. Do you know something?

Hello :)

I would like to say: BIG thank you panickingas for your effort!

I`m listetning to the music with m2tech Young with Palmer battery power station. I have noticed similar behaviour to putting Voughan to standby mode. Swithing off the power station (and Young) makes the mac mini suspends and reboots.

I hope the new driver will help to work with Young more smoothly...

I`ve got a question for users of Mavericks and new driver. Is it a new reality for every m2tech and Mavericks user created by the panickingas and his friends.

Is it a right time to upgrade Mountain Lion to Mavericks with m2tech equipment? Is the brand new driver works as stable as old (which was not so stable when going f.ex. to standby mode) or better to wait some time more ?

Hello :)

I would like to say: BIG thank you panickingas for your effort!

I`m listetning to the music with m2tech Young with Palmer battery power station. I have noticed similar behaviour to putting Voughan to standby mode. Swithing off the power station (and Young) makes the mac mini suspends and reboots.

I hope the new driver will help to work with Young more smoothly...

I`ve got a question for users of Mavericks and new driver. Is it a new reality for every m2tech and Mavericks user created by the panickingas and his friends.

Is it a right time to upgrade Mountain Lion to Mavericks with m2tech equipment? Is the brand new driver works as stable as old (which was not so stable when going f.ex. to standby mode) or better to wait some time more ?

This should be released in the official page of m2tech soon. I'm just colleting the user feedback in order to fix small issues. I have already tested the Voughan standby and Mountain Lion. I'm thinking to release a version that cover all the OSX versions

This should be released in the official page of m2tech soon. I'm just colleting the user feedback in order to fix small issues. I have already tested the Voughan standby and Mountain Lion. I'm thinking to release a version that cover all the OSX versions

PC suspend it's not working very good, I need to catch the suspend event to stop playback and then start on PC resume so I will investigate next week on this :(. With the laptop I had a small noice for just 1 seconds but with the pc is not so nice.

Hi

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7-xQZAVg-6uTnl0Tnh5U0ZrVDQ/edit?usp=sharing

I have package this one:

- better load/unload of the driver (somenthing that nobody do)

- change the float to int in mixable scenario (no exclusive and no integer mode)

- new installer with m2tech background

Panicingas:

1) I've tried to install the file above for version 1.2 but the installer hangs. See screenshot below - hangs because "Continue" button is greyed out. I have agreed to terms in prior screen.

2) the version 1.1 earlier driver works fine in Amarra but in Pure Music only plays a few seconds of a song then stops - actually if I go close to the speaker I can hear one note being repeated at extremely low volume over and over. Screen Shot v 1.2 installer.jpg

Thank you. After download and prior to installation, the new 1.2 driver offers "Warning This Package is only compatible with Mavericks and newer version"

I have not yet installed Mavericks. I can install it but does this mean I need to install Mavericks prior to the new driver? Has anyone tried this with a Metrum Hex dac and Pure Music on a Mac? I don't want to be left with Mavericks installed and my dac's usb not working properly.

Panicingas:

1) I've tried to install the file above for version 1.2 but the installer hangs. See screenshot below - hangs because "Continue" button is greyed out. I have agreed to terms in prior screen.

2) the version 1.1 earlier driver works fine in Amarra but in Pure Music only plays a few seconds of a song then stops - actually if I go close to the speaker I can hear one note being repeated at extremely low volume over and over. [ATTACH=CONFIG]12353[/ATTACH]

OK, by clicking "Read" for the License page I was able to get the installer to finish the install. The kext was still reporting as version 1.0 - did you leave it at 1.0 on purpose? My problem 2 above still stands: Pure Music will only play a few seconds then stops. (It sure sounds great for those few seconds! Help us/me please to fix the problem so the music continues.)

OK, by clicking "Read" for the License page I was able to get the installer to finish the install. The kext was still reporting as version 1.0 - did you leave it at 1.0 on purpose? My problem 2 above still stands: Pure Music will only play a few seconds then stops. (It sure sounds great for those few seconds! Help us/me please to fix the problem so the music continues.)

I have tested pure music and it's nasty to configure. In order to make it played I configure the standard output to hiface and exit for audirvana or any other application. Reset pure music using default settings etc. I'm not an expert and it starts to play. I can say that pure music it's a not easy for me to use. There is some user that configure it. Audioirvana it's more easy

For version you are right I didn't increment in kext and I will do in official release

I use Pure Music only. Does the 1.2 driver work with Pure Music at this point?

Yes it works and sounds beautiful

Hackintosh I7 16GB Ram, Roon, HQPlayer, Drobo 8 TB NAS, Raspberry Pi 3 NAA, Gustard X20 ES 9018 Xmos, Audio GD C39 Preamp, The First ONE DIY Amp, Monitor Audio GS20 Speakers, Monitor Audio RSW12 Subwoofer, PI Audio MagikBuss filter.

Using version 1.2 of the driver (on Mac Pro running 10.9.2 & Audirvana) and my JKDAC32 is running nicely in integer mode for the first time.

Many thanks for the fine effort.

Mark

Main: Roon->Auralic Polaris ->Chord Silver Carnival ->Martin Logan EM-ESL

Office: Roon->iMac 2017->Auralic Aries Mini->Chord Mojo->PS Audio Sprout->Harbeth P3ESR or Stax SR-L500

Panickingas, thank you very much for your great effort in this long waiting driver. I am a user of M2tech Vaughan and it has been stopped to play after I upgraded to the latest OS. After I install your 2nd version of driver, I can play basic format but there is no sound when I play the DSD format. I am now using Audirvana. Please check and advise solution. Thank you.

I've the W4S driver, in order to install M2Tech official driver do I need to deinstall W4S?

Thanks

g

MacMini 2012 i5 2.3| 4GB |Crucial M4 64 Gb SSD |10.9.1| NorthStar Driver | Optimization Script |HiFace 1| JRiver 19 Mac | Buffalo II DAC | Mastersound 220| Rega Naos

Since the new 1.2 driver can handle integer mode properly, I finally go ahead and installed Pure Music, configured the integer mode, and enjoyed over an hour of music. I do appreciate the integer mode which gives a much better wider audio dimension than using iTunes alone.

Can't help but to thank panickingas again - you really make my day. Thanks!

p.s. yes, the Pure Music integer mode configuration is a real confusion - why you have to separately enable Memory Play in menu but all the rest in Audio Setup? And what the h-ll is that Input/Preamp (which must be enabled or no sound) in menu which I can't find anything from user manual pdf... :P

I’m using BitPerfect and getting a very fast stuttering that is rising in amplitude from approx. 15 mins. of playback. I eventually have to close BitPerfect and open it again to fix this issue. I have reported this to the developer, but do anyone else experience this issue? The beta 1.2 driver did *not* exhibit this issue I might add.