M2Tech HiFace Mavericks problem

nieldm

Ok this is the result of sudo dmesg

HiFaceAudioEngine::performFormatChange

using 8 buffers @44100

performFormatChange(44100/0) return 0

HiFaceAudioEngine::performAudioEngineStart

HiFaceAudioEngine::performAudioEngineStop

waiting for requests to be completed (0 8)

waiting for requests to be completed (1 0)

done waiting, inFlight_ = 0

performFormatChange(-1/1) return 0

process WindowServer[136] caught causing excessive wakeups. EXC_RESOURCE supressed due to audio playback

Hackintosh I7 16GB Ram, Roon, HQPlayer, Drobo 8 TB NAS, Raspberry Pi 3 NAA, Gustard X20 ES 9018 Xmos, Audio GD C39 Preamp, The First ONE DIY Amp, Monitor Audio GS20 Speakers, Monitor Audio RSW12 Subwoofer, PI Audio MagikBuss filter.

panickingas i just see your audirvana settings and i can confirm you that after disabling direct mode and leave integer mode on, everything works without problems in audirvana, i'm going to test pure music and report back

Hackintosh I7 16GB Ram, Roon, HQPlayer, Drobo 8 TB NAS, Raspberry Pi 3 NAA, Gustard X20 ES 9018 Xmos, Audio GD C39 Preamp, The First ONE DIY Amp, Monitor Audio GS20 Speakers, Monitor Audio RSW12 Subwoofer, PI Audio MagikBuss filter.

Pure music does funny things like playing in slow mode or fast mode when switching bitrates, you need to play to another song with the same bitrate to make the change effective.

This is the result of sudo dmesg

using 8 buffers @44100

performFormatChange(44100/0) return 0

waiting for requests to be completed (0 8)

waiting for requests to be completed (1 0)

done waiting, inFlight_ = 0

using 18 buffers @96000

performFormatChange(96000/0) return 0

performFormatChange(-1/0) return 0

panickingas i just see your audirvana settings and i can confirm you that after disabling direct mode and leave integer mode on, everything works without problems in audirvana, i'm going to test pure music and report back

How is possible that you want to work in direct mode? Direct mode is not supported

Michael

How is possible that you want to work in direct mode? Direct mode is not supported

Michael

Direct mode should me like in linux. Some way to direct write to the buffer, but it's not possible because I need to prepare the buffer before send to the usb channel and this is done working on bytes. It's a metter of swapping. So if you set direct-mode it can not work. You can work in inter-mode and no-integer mode, when you are working in no-integer mode you can share device so not open in a way that is blocked. If you left device open in integer mode in audirvana I think that pure music can go crazy but i'm going to test on it

Michael

I have both Integer mode and Direct Mode switched on before but after seeing your post i switched direct mode off and everything wors ok.

If you left device open in integer mode in audirvana I think that pure music can go crazy but i'm going to test on it

Correct!!! Reboot and test Pure Music again without opening audirvana first and Pure Music Changed bitrates without problems!!!!

Thanks

Removed the async192 driver, reboot, install the new M2Tech Maverick driver, reboot and everything looks fine.

No more explicit manual load of driver in console. Good.

But clipping! When I play music using iTunes, if the volume is turn to 100% (which is supposed to be the "lossless" state of playback, right?), clipping happens on loud signal. Turning down the iTunes volume by slightly less than 10% removed the clipping - at least from my hearing.

I am using the HiFace 1 to drive Cambridge Audio 840C CD player/DAC. I wonder if the 32-bit integer format is clipped to 24-bit in SPDIF stream, as I noticed that the 840C always displaying 24/44.1 => 24/384 (840C always up sample everything to 24bit/384KHz).

My computer setup is a MacBook Air (2012), i7, 8GB RAM running Mavericks (of course!) 10.9.2. The HiFace 1 is directly connected to USB 3.0 port at the left side of MacBook Air.

panickingas: see if you can investigate into this... thanks.

Correct!!! Reboot and test Pure Music again without opening audirvana first and Pure Music Changed bitrates without problems!!!!

Thanks

The problem is that pure music make system a bit crazy. Because with Audioirvana I can select any sound card, but pure music seems that use itunes that can not let me switch from default to other. Both open in different time make system in a bad state

The problem is that pure music make system a bit crazy. Because with Audioirvana I can select any sound card, but pure music seems that use itunes that can not let me switch from default to other. Both open in different time make system in a bad state

Audioirvana has a nice bug. If you select integer mode and deselect exclusive access it continues play in integer mode. So in order to disable integer mode you need to click again

But clipping! When I play music using iTunes, if the volume is turn to 100% (which is supposed to be the "lossless" state of playback, right?), clipping happens on loud signal. Turning down the iTunes volume by slightly less than 10% removed the clipping - at least from my hearing.

+1

Hi

I have a customer that has problem with it's usb controller and hiface. So some mac osx updated to the latest os can not deal correclty with the hiface. The only solution was connect to external hub it and connect the hub to macosx and it works. We have tested on some mac device so if you find this problem try with the hub too

+1

Hi

all people are correct. iTunes can not play in integer mode so there is a conversion from int to float and float to int and then it affects the dynamic. I need to register float music 24bit and integer mode to 32bit or register both at 24bit. I will give a try for the next update. For now reduce the volume ;)... I have played a lot of music with audioirvano and it's ok

get youself Jriver!

Hi

all people are correct. iTunes can not play in integer mode so there is a conversion from int to float and float to int and then it affects the dynamic. I need to register float music 24bit and integer mode to 32bit or register both at 24bit. I will give a try for the next update. For now reduce the volume ;)... I have played a lot of music with audioirvano and it's ok

2010 Mac Pro (westmere 6-core, 16G Ram)[br]M2Tech Vaughan DAC[br]McIntosh MA6600 integrated[br]B&W805S[br]Luxman P1_u[br]Sennheiser HD800[br]Silver Streak Interconnects

I got Amarra on a demo download and the new driver works OK with it through my Off Ramp. I don't care for Amarra sound, and the interface seems buggy (part of this may just be my lack of familiarity with it). But at least the music plays without dropouts or stops. Pure Music continues to screw up, playing for only a few seconds then stopping. But the sound - while it lasts - is killer!

Hi Geert,

we are testing a beta driver. In a few days we'll release it and there will also be a version for your DAC.

Kind regards,

Marco Manunta

M2Tech Srl

Via Giuntini 13/L1

56021 Navacchio di Cascina (Pi)

Italy

Finally

My DAC being the EE Minimax Plus

I have a Metrum Hex and mac mini running Pure Music and Itunes. Will there be a version available for the Metrum Hex as well?

I got a chance to test M2Tech Vaughan DAC on my two Mac computers (macbook pro and mac pro). Both OS X10.8.5 installed.

During the test I've experienced numbers of computer crashes due to the existing M2Tech USB driver conflicting with Apple USB built-in driver when the DAC goes to STANDBY mode. I shot a quick video to illustrate this issue.

Marco from M2Tech was able to replicate the crash with his mac and admitted the problem.

Hopefully they'll come up with a solution soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8XJciB4X9k

This should be fixed by the new driver that we have done for mavericks