IGNORED

M2Tech HiFace Mavericks problem

The commands that report an error you can just ignore. They only act on things that are there (and in your case not).

Give your system a minute to digest the changes you’ve made. If that doesn’t help then run

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions

again. If that doesn’t help then reboot.

Despite doing all this, the device continues to show up as a choice. Does this *definitely* mean a driver is being loaded for it? And how so if the kexts aren't showing in /System/Library/Extensions?

early 2008 Mac Pro > Lush ^3 USB cable > Exasound e-22 > Audioquest Mackenzie balanced interconnects > Wyred for Sound Mamp dual monoblocks > Tekton Double Impact speakers

Despite doing all this, the device continues to show up as a choice. Does this *definitely* mean a driver is being loaded for it? And how so if the kexts aren't showing in /System/Library/Extensions?

Try to reboot ;). It could be that some of them take a reference.

Works!!!!!!!!!!

Interger Mode Works !!!!!!

Thanks God you hear us. I hope no more music pauses this time.

Hackintosh I7 16GB Ram, Roon, HQPlayer, Drobo 8 TB NAS, Raspberry Pi 3 NAA, Gustard X20 ES 9018 Xmos, Audio GD C39 Preamp, The First ONE DIY Amp, Monitor Audio GS20 Speakers, Monitor Audio RSW12 Subwoofer, PI Audio MagikBuss filter.

Nooooooooo!!!!!!!

don't change bitrates :( i have to exit Audirvana to have sound again

Hackintosh I7 16GB Ram, Roon, HQPlayer, Drobo 8 TB NAS, Raspberry Pi 3 NAA, Gustard X20 ES 9018 Xmos, Audio GD C39 Preamp, The First ONE DIY Amp, Monitor Audio GS20 Speakers, Monitor Audio RSW12 Subwoofer, PI Audio MagikBuss filter.

Well, I installed it and got sound (*nice* sound) for a few seconds using Pure Music. But as soon as the memory load finishes, it quits. Tried a reboot and one song completed, then it went back to halting play as soon as the song was fully in memory. Drat.

early 2008 Mac Pro > Lush ^3 USB cable > Exasound e-22 > Audioquest Mackenzie balanced interconnects > Wyred for Sound Mamp dual monoblocks > Tekton Double Impact speakers

Well, I installed it and got sound (*nice* sound) for a few seconds using Pure Music. But as soon as the memory load finishes, it quits. Tried a reboot and one song completed, then it went back to halting play as soon as the song was fully in memory. Drat.

I don't know pure music. I just use amarra and iTunes without problem. So without installing it and know what option you use I don't have idea. This is not a memory mapped device.

Try to reboot ;). It could be that some of them take a reference.

A reboot made no difference - the device still showed up as "Empirical Audio async usb..." Went ahead & installed the new trial driver and then it showed up as simply "Empirical". Unfortunately, I get sound then it stops.

A reboot made no difference - the device still showed up as "Empirical Audio async usb..." Went ahead & installed the new trial driver and then it showed up as simply "Empirical". Unfortunately, I get sound then it stops.

Sorry that is not the correct driver. What device do you have? Young evo voughan

Sorry that is not the correct driver. What device do you have? Young evo voughan

I have an Empirical Audio Off Ramp. It's drivers were provided by M2tech.

I have an Empirical Audio Off Ramp. It's drivers were provided by M2tech.

I don't follow you. what is the name of the sound card on Mac panel? Are you using driver from Dropbox that the guy share today? Are you sure that you don't have any driver already installed

I don't follow you. what is the name of the sound card on Mac panel? Are you using driver from Dropbox that the guy share today? Are you sure that you don't have any driver already installed

Empirical is a valid name but I don't know what is going on. Maybe you have some other driver installed that match usb id. Do you have USB 3.0?

Hi Geert,

we are testing a beta driver. In a few days we'll release it and there will also be a version for your DAC.

Kind regards,

Marco Manunta

M2Tech Srl

Via Giuntini 13/L1

56021 Navacchio di Cascina (Pi)

Italy

Finally

My DAC being the EE Minimax Plus

The Empirical Audio Off Ramp is a reclocker which takes audio input over USB and outputs to SPDIF coax a much more jitter free signal. This then goes into my Peachtree iDAC. The Off Ramp has been supplied with M2tech drivers for as long as I've had it. Empirical Audio apparently contracts with M2tech and I'm pretty sure it's drivers are based on the HiFace one and any driver which works with the HiFace one should work for my Off Ramp. I don't believe my Mac sound card has too much to do with all this - it's just the normal built-in card that came with my early 2008 Mac Pro.

The audio output selection under Mavericks NEVER sees the Peachtree iDac. That's normal. It only sees the first device in the chain and that's the Off Ramp. So I downloaded the new drivers mentioned earlier in the thread from the Dropbox location and installed them. If they work for a HiFace one, they should work for my Off Ramp. As far as having other drivers installed - I did have others installed but I uninstalled them. At least I believe they are now gone. Looking in System/Library/Extensions I now ONLY see the new HiFace.kext - I don't see any other kexts that I had tried in the past.

The Empirical Audio Off Ramp is a reclocker which takes audio input over USB and outputs to SPDIF coax a much more jitter free signal. This then goes into my Peachtree iDAC. The Off Ramp has been supplied with M2tech drivers for as long as I've had it. Empirical Audio apparently contracts with M2tech and I'm pretty sure it's drivers are based on the HiFace one and any driver which works with the HiFace one should work for my Off Ramp. I don't believe my Mac sound card has too much to do with all this - it's just the normal built-in card that came with my early 2008 Mac Pro.

The audio output selection under Mavericks NEVER sees the Peachtree iDac. That's normal. It only sees the first device in the chain and that's the Off Ramp. So I downloaded the new drivers mentioned earlier in the thread from the Dropbox location and installed them. If they work for a HiFace one, they should work for my Off Ramp. As far as having other drivers installed - I did have others installed but I uninstalled them. At least I believe they are now gone. Looking in System/Library/Extensions I now ONLY see the new HiFace.kext - I don't see any other kexts that I had tried in the past.

Audirvana. Ok can you start with this?

Also, the output choice is now just "Empirical". The other description was prior to installing the new driver. I don't know if there is a good way to check for the presence of any old drivers other than looking for other kexts I tried.

Audirvana. Ok can you start with this?

I had a trial for Audirvana but it ran out. I am thinking of buying it BUT the new 2.0 version is supposedly coming out and I don't want to pay twice (once for version 1, and once for version 2). No one is saying what the upgrade policy will be.

If audirvana is playing a song and the next song has different sample rate the sounds stops, so no sample rate switching with this driver.

If audirvana is playing a song and the next song has different sample rate the sounds stops, so no sample rate switching with this driver.

Yes, same in mine Audirvana +. it switches the sample rate at DAC, but do not play the song. When you quit and reopen Audirvana then you can play the songs.

However, Amarra is working without any sample rate switch problems. I do not have Pure Music so I did not test it.

Pure Music has the same sample rate switching problem. The sound is just beautiful until a song with different sample rate needs to be played.

Pure Music has the same sample rate switching problem. The sound is just beautiful until a song with different sample rate needs to be played.

I have no idea. Maybe wrong driver? What version of osx? I will prepare a package that will print version in sudo dmes