IGNORED

Who's used the Audiophile Optimizer for Windows 2012 Server or Windows 8?

Hello Folks

For all those interested in the coming beta 5 of the AudiophileOptimizer 2.20, please watch this video:

Enjoy it,

AudioPhil

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

Hi, I have a dedicated Windows 10 PC running Roon Core and HQPlayer in my audio system.  It's connected via USB to an Auralic Vega DAC.  Roon passes the audio stream to HQPlayer which then upsamples everything to DSD256.  The PC is headless and I rely on RDP to make modifications.  I run the Roon front end on my IPad.

After reading numerous reviews of AO, I am interested in testing it out on my system.  Will AO work in my setup? 

2 hours ago, AudioPhil said:

Hello Folks

For all those interested in the coming beta 5 of the AudiophileOptimizer 2.20, please watch this video:

Enjoy it,

AudioPhil

I saw the video, does it mean that for us Win10 users shouldn't bother with AO 2.20 v4? I didn't see anything new for Win10

Hello mozes

Absolutely not, this video is just about the new ground-breaking features of Beta 5, not the entire AO 2.20.

There will be a massive upgrade in sound quality for ALL supported platforms and many other new features and updates. 

Once published read the change log carefully, it contains a detailed list of all changes.

Best,

AufioPhil

____________________________________________________________________________________

1 hour ago, AudioPhil said:

Hello mozes

Absolutely not, this video is just about the new ground-breaking features of Beta 5, not the entire AO 2.20.

There will be a massive upgrade in sound quality for ALL supported platforms and many other new features and updates. 

Once published read the change log carefully, it contains a detailed list of all changes.

Best,

AufioPhil

Great thanks!

i'm very interested in AO after reading this thread and hearing about the great results AO provides.  Can someone explain how AO can help in my setup?  I understand the concept of optimizing Windows background processes so they don't interfere with audio processing (eg., allocating too many clock cycles to non audio processes).  But if I can use Exact Mode (Femto clock) timing on my Auralic Vega DAC, then doesn't that mean even though my PC is not as optimized as it can be (eg., not using AO), the timing is good enough that my DAC won't notice any difference and thus I won't hear any difference?

I'm just looking for a good reason to buy AO now and not wait for the availability of a trail version that will work on my PC with Windows 10 Creator Update.

Thanks, Hammer

10 hours ago, Hammer said:

But if I can use Exact Mode (Femto clock) timing on my Auralic Vega DAC, then doesn't that mean even though my PC is not as optimized as it can be (eg., not using AO), the timing is good enough that my DAC won't notice any difference and thus I won't hear any difference?

Hello Hammer,

the short answer to your question is "garbage in, garbage out". ;)

Better explained, you should think about a better signal arriving with less jitter attached to it arrving from your PC at your DAC. Less work, switching hassle and power consumption results in less jitter attached to the signal, that is what you will achieve with an optimized OS for Audio.

AO is the easiest way to achieve this with a lot of tool helping for the individual system, not talking about Phil's support in addition. If you take a look at Phil's pdf explaining AO you will get a better understanding.

Enjoy the way forward

Thomas

DIY coax tractrix horn system 2 corner subwoofer /// 6 full digital amplifier D802 floating PSU 12V battery & caps/filter /// Active crossover @ Acourate Convolver & room correction@MC30 /// General 2 PC setup: floating PSU picoless battery & caps/filter powered Bicker DC160W: PC1(Player) - individual stripped MS RamOS with JPlay /// PC2: Server 2016 RamOS - AO 2.0b5 - Acourate Convolver - online convolving & crossover /// Chain: PC1 - USB - F-1 - SPdif coax - Mutec MC3.1+ USB - SPdif coax - FireFace UCX floating PSU 12V battery & caps/filter - USB - PC2 - FireFace UCX - Adat LWL - Mutec MC-4 - 3 x SPdif coax - D802 Low/ D802 Middle / D802 High - 2 Stereo Lab KWH250 with BMS 4590 plus 2 modified corner subwoofer Abacus ABS210

A good server is the absolute foundation for digital Media playback. Only a dac maker who also plays disks directly can get close to any dac from a good server. 

I own a hi end lampi and a hi end Msb stack 

the Msb stack has the umt plus that is a streamer and sacd payer. My point is even the Msb and lampi needs a good server it's why I spent 15 k more for the umt plus and its own transport psu.  

Building a server around phils AO is a must have it opens up the Music in. Ways you don't know till you hear it.  

Hello Hammer

Removing or disabling things is just a small fraction of what AO does with a system. AO is much more about optimizing literally tons of parameters from your system. Hard drive, filesystem, caches, the ip stack, many hardware and power related settings, and so on. AO is designed to make the very complex process of optimizing a windows music server available within minutes and by a few click. These include optimizations which took years of research and development. You can get all that by answering a few questions and roughly 3-4 minutes of time.

AO makes several hundred specifically targeted modifications to the OS, all of them with the single purpose to make it sound better. AO optimizes the way the OS handles hardware like CPU and Memory in a certain way, the outcome is a substantial gain in sound quality. There is very general overview of AO's and features over here: https://www.highend-audiopc.com/audiophile-optimizer

A lot of AO's feature set is created upon customer requests, meaning that AO and ServiceTool offer the features the people need and demand for. You might scroll through our change log which gives a more detailed (but still not all by far!) view of the unmatched feature set AO has to offer: https://www.highend-audiopc.com/changelog. The computer audiophile industry changes fast and AO adjusts to the changing needs of the audiophiles since many years, always offering the best sound quality possible and the richest feature set available.

If you are looking for reasons to buy AO right away i suggest you give our review's a shot:
https://www.highend-audiopc.com/reviews

Very best,

AudioPhil

On 4/22/2017 at 11:59 AM, Octagon said:

Hello Hammer,

the short answer to your question is "garbage in, garbage out". ;)

Better explained, you should think about a better signal arriving with less jitter attached to it arrving from your PC at your DAC. Less work, switching hassle and power consumption results in less jitter attached to the signal, that is what you will achieve with an optimized OS for Audio.

AO is the easiest way to achieve this with a lot of tool helping for the individual system, not talking about Phil's support in addition. If you take a look at Phil's pdf explaining AO you will get a better understanding.

Enjoy the way forward

Thomas

I tried to see the Phil's PDF Manual but it seems the website has a problem, so can someone post a PDF here. 

Any Thoughts @AudioPhil.

Hello

I checked and all is working just fine. You can download the Computer Audio Setup Guide here: https://pdf.highend-audiopc.com/audiophile-optimizer-setup-guide.pdf

Best,

AudioPhil

On 4/20/2017 at 4:55 PM, Johnseye said:

Put me in coach!

Hey Johnseye, when you install AO 2.20 beta5 you will be flying First Class. :)

Music Server: Streacom ST-FC5WS-Evo chassis, ASUS H87M-E, modified with PPA Studio MoBo Clock Upgrade, Intel Core I7-4770t, 16 GB G.SKILL F3-10666CL7D, SOtM tX-USBexp, sCLK-EX, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0 (Final), JPlay, Fidelizer 8.x, Windows Server 2019 Core mode

Digital to Analog Converter: Mutec MC-3+ USB, B.M.C. UltraDAC

Amplifier:Sanders Magtech Monoblocks; Loudspeakers: Magneplanar 3.6R, Vandersteen 2Wq Subwoffers

Music player: Roon

7 hours ago, hurka said:

3 times give me 3 different hardware id number ,same computer,only ssd changed(broken).This is normal??

Hello Hurka

Are you sure you followed the instructions from the PDF guide 100% regarding the device manager prior to activating AO?

Best,

AudioPhil

In my system the two significant products are AO and Fideliser which are both hugely beneficial (but differently, the current versions are complementary) and then Process Lasso may add something after that.

But lets hear what AO beta 5 brings, the ability to run Roon in core mode may change what does what

Source: Pink Faun Ultra - Chord DAVE

Amps: VTV Purifi

Speakers: Trenner and Friedel RA

Cables : JCAT reference USB, Tellerium XLR, Kubula-Sosna Elation speaker

Plus CEC TL 5 Cd transport - Blackcat Tron BNC - Chord DAVE

Phil's AudiophileOptimizer is definitely the needed application to make a PC an audiophile transport, the other applications Fidelizer, ProcessLasso, ParkControl, will enhance the now transformed audiophile transport.

Think of it as a well engineered transport like a dCS with great shielding, cables etc, to me that is the concept of the add-ons (Fidelizer, ProcessLasso, ParkControl) it enhanced an already well built transport that is optimized by AudiophileOptimizer.

Music Server: Streacom ST-FC5WS-Evo chassis, ASUS H87M-E, modified with PPA Studio MoBo Clock Upgrade, Intel Core I7-4770t, 16 GB G.SKILL F3-10666CL7D, SOtM tX-USBexp, sCLK-EX, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0 (Final), JPlay, Fidelizer 8.x, Windows Server 2019 Core mode

Amplifier:Sanders Magtech Monoblocks; Loudspeakers: Magneplanar 3.6R, Vandersteen 2Wq Subwoffers

HySolid for free or Roon if you want to spend the $119.00 per annum, both are great sounding, but I would give Roon the edge for SQ,  more open and spacious to my ears; and definitely for library management, I have not found anything that can match Roon for management to date.

HySolid installation guide is posted in this AO forum.

On 4/23/2017 at 8:10 AM, Hammer said:

Thanks for everyone's help!  Will give it a try!

Hi, just one more question :). Can I install AO on my existing Windows 10 setup (with HQPlayer and Roon Core) or do I need to reinstall Windows from scratch with AO?  Thanks!  Hammer.

2 hours ago, Hammer said:

Hi, just one more question :). Can I install AO on my existing Windows 10 setup (with HQPlayer and Roon Core) or do I need to reinstall Windows from scratch with AO?  Thanks!  Hammer.

Install AO in a new partition for better SQ.