IGNORED

Who's used the Audiophile Optimizer for Windows 2012 Server or Windows 8?

Hello Hurka

this is normal, the JRiver installer does not work in Core Mode.

Run the installer on another PC and select the portable installation. Then copy the entire Folder to your AudioPC, then JRiver will work.

Best,

AudioPhil

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

Hello romaz,

You can download 2.20 beta 4 from the https://www.highend-audiopc.com/download

I have been using it for a while on my Windows Server 2016 core Audio-PC without any issues.

My player of choice is HySolid which sounds great. I have posted installation instructions on CA and JPlay forums to install HySolid if your setup is Windows 2016 core. If you are using JPlay you need to follow the instructions, if you don't use JPlay then it is a straight forward installation. I use Q-Dir in core to save me a lot of CLI typing.

So, Phil keeps producing better, and better SQ with each of his releases, his software is a must have for any computer audio, whether you are an audiophile or not.

Version 2.20 b4 has a deeper, wider soundstage, more definition and details in the voices, instruments, and definitely improvement in the layering over the other iterations of the 2.20 beta releases. It just keeps on getting better.

I am chomping at the bit, waiting and hoping that he will get Roon and Tidal working in Windows Server 2016 core.B|

Best,

Leon

Music Server: Streacom ST-FC5WS-Evo chassis, ASUS H87M-E, modified with PPA Studio MoBo Clock Upgrade, Intel Core I7-4770t, 16 GB G.SKILL F3-10666CL7D, SOtM tX-USBexp, sCLK-EX, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0 (Final), JPlay, Fidelizer 8.x, Windows Server 2019 Core mode

Digital to Analog Converter: Mutec MC-3+ USB, B.M.C. UltraDAC

Amplifier:Sanders Magtech Monoblocks; Loudspeakers: Magneplanar 3.6R, Vandersteen 2Wq Subwoffers

Music player: Roon

Not only programming, but support on this site an others (JPlay for one), and then emails for support, and working a real job, and most important family time.   So production of a new release takes time.

+1 on  Beta - It is testing, reporting, trying things, not just running it to have the latest greatest.  Try to make it break and report back..  Lastly if you are in a beta, have a good solid image of your system, as Jeremy stated things can go awry.  Phil also recommends a back up or image for easy restore if needed.

21 minutes ago, jeremy.collake said:

As a fellow developer, let me say - don't rush Phil. Haste makes waste. That is why us programmers like to say "it will be done when it's done". Not because we are complacent, but who knows what might come up in development or testing, and it's better to properly address those concerns than hastily disregard them to meet some exact date. I think I am the only idiot who still gives exact release dates that I never meet exactly.

Also be careful with betas. I tell my users: Do NOT use beta versions on production systems. But many do. Phil's betas may be more stable than mine, but from time to time in a beta branch, something goes awry, as it is designed for. Thus, don't try to 'beat the clock' by going beta unless you are committed to testing!

Jeremy, I have to make a point about Phil's betas. He really tests the hell out of them before he makes them available. I've never had anything but the most minor issues with any of his betas. He's never had to pull one back. I have no hesitancy in using them. Phil's betas are more reliable than most developers official releases, and his official releases are bulletproof because they have been tested by his loyal beta users.

I am running 2.20 beta 4 now with no issues. Phil is an incredibly proficient programmer and has the well known Swiss ability to have incredible attention to details. His manual is the best manual of anything I own. Keep up the good work Phil and get all that stuff working in 2016 core mode ASAP! Poor man, your work is never done. There is always new things to make work.

2 modified PCs in a streamer with WS2012/ AO 2.20/ Jplay 7/ Fidelizer Pro 8.2/ Process Lasso/

Pachanko lan cables & PPA ethernet switch between pcs > Audio PC JCat Femto usb audio card > iFi Gemini 3.0 dual headed usb cable > iFi iGalvanic > iFi iUsb power 3.0   > iFi iPurifier 3 > Singxer SU-1 (i2s out) > Wyred 4 Sound DAC2V2 DSDse >

1) maxed out Woo WA2 > Beyerdynamic T1 w/ Forza Noir hybrid cable mod

2) Woo WA2 pre amp > Exposure 2010S2 Int Amp + Exposure 2010S2 Power Amp > Von Gaylord Legend Speakers + REL T-5 Sub-Bass System

***Audio system powered by two Equi=Core 300 balanced power sources                                                       

It is Phil's thread and I have a few years experience with his betas. Phil personally tests them thoroughly before releasing the betas. I can....and should, convey my experience with Phil and his software. We know that all systems are different and beta testing is necessary no matter how thorough he is. 

Phil might say something about the subject, but he's Swiss. He lets his results and his customer's do the talking. I'm not defending, just testifying. You are making general statements about betas, I'm talking specifically about my experience with Phil's betas.

2 modified PCs in a streamer with WS2012/ AO 2.20/ Jplay 7/ Fidelizer Pro 8.2/ Process Lasso/

Pachanko lan cables & PPA ethernet switch between pcs > Audio PC JCat Femto usb audio card > iFi Gemini 3.0 dual headed usb cable > iFi iGalvanic > iFi iUsb power 3.0   > iFi iPurifier 3 > Singxer SU-1 (i2s out) > Wyred 4 Sound DAC2V2 DSDse >

2) Woo WA2 pre amp > Exposure 2010S2 Int Amp + Exposure 2010S2 Power Amp > Von Gaylord Legend Speakers + REL T-5 Sub-Bass System

10 hours ago, highend-pcdoctor said:

Hello romaz,

You can download 2.20 beta 4 from the https://www.highend-audiopc.com/download

I have been using it for a while on my Windows Server 2016 core Audio-PC without any issues.

My player of choice is HySolid which sounds great. I have posted installation instructions on CA and JPlay forums to install HySolid if your setup is Windows 2016 core. If you are using JPlay you need to follow the instructions, if you don't use JPlay then it is a straight forward installation. I use Q-Dir in core to save me a lot of CLI typing.

So, Phil keeps producing better, and better SQ with each of his releases, his software is a must have for any computer audio, whether you are an audiophile or not.

Version 2.20 b4 has a deeper, wider soundstage, more definition and details in the voices, instruments, and definitely improvement in the layering over the other iterations of the 2.20 beta releases. It just keeps on getting better.

I am chomping at the bit, waiting and hoping that he will get Roon and Tidal working in Windows Server 2016 core.B|

Best,

Leon

Leon, I believe you missed the point of my post. I'm sure it sounds great but I have zero interest in a beta. It was Phil himself that suggested he has figured out how to run Roon in Core mode based on his response to my query (Phil, correct me if I've misunderstood your statement). This is HUGE!!! All I want to know now is when 2.20 will be released. Just a simple question. I'm not trying to rush anyone but this is truly exciting news!

8 hours ago, romaz said:

Leon, I believe you missed the point of my post. I'm sure it sounds great but I have zero interest in a beta. It was Phil himself that suggested he has figured out how to run Roon in Core mode based on his response to my query (Phil, correct me if I've misunderstood your statement). This is HUGE!!! All I want to know now is when 2.20 will be released. Just a simple question. I'm not trying to rush anyone but this is truly exciting news!

Hi Roy,

It seems to me that Phil answered elsewhere that it's ROON that can't work in the Core mode.  I'm using Core 2016 right now, excited by Phil's reply as what you've quoted and waiting the production version of the AO v.20 as well.

1 hour ago, greenleo said:

Hi Roy,

It seems to me that Phil answered elsewhere that it's ROON that can't work in the Core mode.  I'm using Core 2016 right now, excited by Phil's reply as what you've quoted and waiting the production version of the AO v.20 as well.

All I can say, Green Leo, is that on 2 Feb, I mentioned to Phil that I thought it would be really nice if he could figure out a way to run RoonServer in Core mode and out of the blue, last Thursday, Phil decided to respond to my post from 2 Feb and this was his response:

You decide for yourself why he would respond in this fashion.

Then, when I responded back with the following response, Phil gave me "reputation" for it.  

Again, you decide for yourself what this means.  Phil, himself, has suggested that 2.20 will be huge and perhaps the most important upgrade since AO's inception.

A little birdie told me Roon will be working in core mode in beta 5. :)

3 minutes ago, greenleo said:

That's a great news indeed Fran.

Very unofficial, let's hope it comes true!

Phil, when will AO support Windows 10 Creator's Update?

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

17 hours ago, rickca said:

Phil, when will AO support Windows 10 Creator's Update?

Hi

AO 2.20 Beta 5 will cover support for the creators update.

Best,

AudioPhil

____________________________________________________________________________________

3 hours ago, Big AL said:

Phil --- more importantly, is there any REASON to install the Windows 10 Creators Update? Or is it just more fluff with nothing actually useful to offer, in terms of audio?

Hi Al

I have not yet tested how and if the new "game mode" has any influence on sound quality. Otherwise i don't see any urgent need to update to the creators update.

Best,

AudioPhil