Sign in to follow this  
Mike Gillespie

Who's used the Audiophile Optimizer for Windows 2012 Server or Windows 8?

Rate this topic

Hi

please look out in the roon support forum. There are several threads about what is needed to make roon working on Server 2012 R2.

best,

phil

ıllıllı [  ...AO 3.00 IS HERE... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Core Audio Music Server | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

I finally took some time - set aside an hour - to push AO down to Core Mode on my S2102R2 box. Phil, did you optimize something in the beta with going into core mode? I'm able to get into Core in about a minute flat. It's a modest box, too, just an i5 with 16G RAM, two SSDs (one OS, one Audio). Getting out of Core mode is similar. I'm just running JRMC 20.131 in KS out to my Aqua DAC via ASIO. It's a nice improvement and, most importantly, now that I have a secondary PC for all my other tasks, I can actually game in my room with the game sound through my TV if I want, and have my Audio PC singing in all its glory, completely rock-solid with no slight ticks or pops that I'd get when I was running it as an all-purpose machine, it's fantastic :)

Custom PC, HDPlex internal 250W PSU, "dual PC" with Roon on main PC controlling Roon on Audio PC

HDPlex powering Pink Faun i2S Bridge, RJ45 out to Aqua La Voce S2

Balanced out to Bel Canto Pre1, balanced out to Nuprime ST-10 amp

ScanSpeak 3-way Discovery DIY speakers by Troels Gravesen

Dedicated, treated, REW'd audio room

Hi

I couldn't even if i wanted to. All the switching between GUI/minimal-server/core are powershell commands of the OS. All the ServiceTool does in that regard is to check in what mode your setup actually is at the moment and then enters the needed powershell command to switch to your desired mode. It's just a function to make your life easier, but i have no way to alter the

process that these powershell commands trigger.

Hope that helps to understand a bit.

Best,

Phil

____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Core Audio Music Server | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

Phil Good afternoon, I changed my PC, and I noticed that Ao 1.40 (for each new installation on the same machine) generates a hardware-ID different, so much so that now I use all 5!

I tried a dozen times! just installed the operating system, Device I disable unknown devices (always the same in all installations try), Ao install, launch Audiophile_core.exe, and every time I a Hardware-ID different.

With PCs earlier I used the same key, and I've run dozens of installations!

Do you have any solution?

Thank you

Anto

Hi Anto

Well, the copy protectio system never changes since Version 1.2b14 (this is even prior to the first public release of AO), expect the algorithm for generating the hardware-id did one time so far. So i don't think AO 1.40 is the root cause of this issue. But obviously your whole PC changed, so this is where we should look into.

Please open up a support request via [email protected] and also run the AO Diagnostic feature of ServiceTool.

Best,

Phil

Thanks Phil, for now it's okay! when I will have to reinstall, I hope it's been a year, and so they should be restored 5 licenses ... Right?

I can not organize a remote session, because the PC can not connect to the Internet.

Thank you

Anto

I purchased and downloaded AO under the 14 day trial. I had W2012R2 setup on my testing server (Intel S1200KP MB, Xeon E3-1245 CPU, 16 GB RAM, 240 GB SSD). I was using JRMC 20 and Spotify to a Lynx HILO DAC via USB. I listen mainly through headphones which are HiFiMan HE-1000 and a custom built Audio Note HE-6 headphone amp. My usual source is a MacBook Pro Retina (2012) playing FLAC files and Spotify through Audirvana to the HILO. I used a ifi USB to SPDIF converter on the Mac to connect to the Coax input on the HILO allowing instant comparing of sources and level matching.

I played AO in all 3 modes (GUI, minimal server and core) and could not hear any difference in sound between the Macbook and the PC. I followed the instructions explicitly and made sure I ran the AO optimizer script every time I changed server modes. I switched the inputs using the PC to the ifi SPDIF converter and the Macbook to USB and there was no change. I then installed JPlay and tried that with JRiver and could not hear any difference. I really wanted this to be an improvement and own a legal version of S2012R2 so didn't have to pay for that but just did not hear any sound improvement over a 8 day trial listening 2-4 hours per day (I work from home). YMMV of course but this was my experience.

Hi Audiosceptic

Thanks for sharing your experience. You have a weak link in your chain which prevents AO (or any other tweakings/optimizations) of unleashing their power. Once you found and eliminated your weak link, you will experience the full potential of AO like everybody else does.

Just a side note, don't expect miracles from online streaming services like Spotify. Second, most likely you should try another SPDIF converter.

Best,

Phil

Phil,

So you are suggesting that the optimizations performed by AO are only heard when all "weak links" are eliminated? I was under the impression from reading the comments in this thread that the improvements performed by AO were dramatic and obvious on any system. I'm disappointed I couldn't hear any improvements and will have to be content with my audio system that apparently has limiting weak links.

I also realize Spotify is not a good testing tool but I just wanted to point out that it is one of the methods I use my computer for enjoyment. It isn't used for critical comparative listening.

Thanks for your comments.

I purchased and downloaded AO under the 14 day trial. I had W2012R2 setup on my testing server (Intel S1200KP MB, Xeon E3-1245 CPU, 16 GB RAM, 240 GB SSD). I was using JRMC 20 and Spotify to a Lynx HILO DAC via USB. I listen mainly through headphones which are HiFiMan HE-1000 and a custom built Audio Note HE-6 headphone amp. My usual source is a MacBook Pro Retina (2012) playing FLAC files and Spotify through Audirvana to the HILO. I used a ifi USB to SPDIF converter on the Mac to connect to the Coax input on the HILO allowing instant comparing of sources and level matching.

I played AO in all 3 modes (GUI, minimal server and core) and could not hear any difference in sound between the Macbook and the PC. I followed the instructions explicitly and made sure I ran the AO optimizer script every time I changed server modes. I switched the inputs using the PC to the ifi SPDIF converter and the Macbook to USB and there was no change. I then installed JPlay and tried that with JRiver and could not hear any difference. I really wanted this to be an improvement and own a legal version of S2012R2 so didn't have to pay for that but just did not hear any sound improvement over a 8 day trial listening 2-4 hours per day (I work from home). YMMV of course but this was my experience.

My buddy and I both heard a huge difference between Mac Mini running 2012 and AO and JRiver vs. Mac OS alone and JRiver. Ditto with a PC laptop. Not a subtle difference but huge.

MG555

Phil,

So you are suggesting that the optimizations performed by AO are only heard when all "weak links" are eliminated? I was under the impression from reading the comments in this thread that the improvements performed by AO were dramatic and obvious on any system. I'm disappointed I couldn't hear any improvements and will have to be content with my audio system that apparently has limiting weak links.

I also realize Spotify is not a good testing tool but I just wanted to point out that it is one of the methods I use my computer for enjoyment. It isn't used for critical comparative listening.

Thanks for your comments.

Hi

No, aparently you cannot read about "weak links" here very often. Sure, every system has one, but under normal circumstances these are not hardly limiting the experience.

What you experience is something different. Something in your chain really puts a limit somewhere, and no matter what you try, you will never get beyond that limit.

After over 2 1/2 years and 1'100+ AO customers i can say something comparable happend to about 0,005% of them. I call these issues "environmental problems". Most time i could help to finally identify that weak link. Very often it is about "dirty power". Maybe you are using a "0,99$" power distributor? Try using the wall warts directly if possible. Or it is about your SPDIF Converter? Another example i can remember is the "LAN" bridge from Devialet. As soon as removed the system started to really sing.

It's difficult to troubleshoot such issue via email/forum/etc. but maybe i could give you and idea about what to search for.

Good luck finding it!

Best,

Phil

...for those who have not seen it yet, we now also have our little official sub-forum here :)

Highend-AudioPC (Sponsored)

Quick question folks. When I renew my WS2012R after the first 180days trial using the ........ slmgr.vbs /rearm

Can i do it on my single pc via the command prompt, whilst the AO is set to Ultimate Core mode?

Or do I need get out of core mode and back to standard gui?

Regards Cazzesman

Hi

a rest via ServiceTool should do the trick, no need for GUI mode.

best,

Phil

Hi Guys, I’m getting a test computer ready so I can play with the optimizer. Question about hardware ids and the activation license. I’m enabling and disabling multiple devices as I “experiment”. Is this going to trigger the optimizer to request a new activation id? For example I’m turning an onboard cd drive on and off.

Thanks again,

Rob

Hi

Mainboard, harddrive/SSD & network cards will do, others won't.

best,

Phil

Hello,

sorry if this has been answered before, but I installed the new TIDAL Windows client (http://download.tidal.com/desktop/TIDALSetup.msi) in Windows 2012 R2 minimal mode (AO 1.40 with Fidelizer 6.9), and while it installs fine, afterwards it cannot produce any music since the message "mfplat.dll is missing" pops-up all the time.

Is there a solution to that?

Best Regards,

Ari.

Hi Ari

Did you run AO again after switching the mode and said yes to "install kernel-streaming and mediaplayer support"?

Best,

Phil

I have been happily running JRiver 20 (WASAPI) and Spotify client in minimal mode for the past months, it was fit-and-forget for me after 1.40. I will run AO again to see whether there are other options regarding TIDAL that I have forgotten about. Thanks.

I am running Windows Server 2012 R2 with Audiophile Optimizer 1.40 in Core Mode. I am using Bug Head player and want to run the Rewrite Data exe file as administrator. Can someone please tell me how to run an exe file as administrator from the command prompt? Thank you

cd C:/

next cd program files

next cd hiroyuki yokota

next cd rewritedata (notice one word)

next rewritedata.exe (notice no cd in front)

I hope it works

Thanks kiskaprince. I have a batch file on my PC to run Rewrite Data that contains that exact text. I want to run this routine, provide by MrJohn in the Bug Head thread of JPLAY Forum:

Run ACAC;

Right click and run Rewrite Data as Administrator.

Press "User Select" button on the far right of the Rewrite Data screen.

Navigate to: This PC/C:/JPlay and then Start (Rewrite),

Then press Bug Head button (top left) and Rewrite that.

Wait 3 minutes and repeat -twice.

Then run ACAC again.

I can't get it to work as Rewrite Data needs to be run as administrator and I don't think this text will do that. Do you have any other ideas? Thanks