IGNORED

Who's used the Audiophile Optimizer for Windows 2012 Server or Windows 8?

15 minutes ago, tboooe said:

I had to reset using Service Tool 3 times before I was able to enable qWAVE

I tried googling to discover other apps (besides HQPlayer) that use qWAVE and couldn't find anything.  

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

8 hours ago, tboooe said:

EDIT...weird I had to reset using Service Tool 3 times before I was able to enable qWAVE.  All is good now though!  Applied AO, restarted and qWAVE service was still running.

Glad you got it working! ?

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

8 hours ago, rickca said:

I tried googling to discover other apps (besides HQPlayer) that use qWAVE and couldn't find anything.  

qWave is around since many years. It‘s almost undocumented by Microsoft and HqPlayer is the very first app to use it i know of.

____________________________________________________________________________________

The SQ between HQPlayer 3.204 and 3.210 is more lucidity in the sound stage. Images have a more solid 3D life likeness. It sounds more real. I think i perceive wider Stereo width and stage depth. Whether Jussi has put in more secret source than just QWAVE i dont know. But upgrade to 3.2.10 everyone. Dont miss out.

And thanks to AudioPhil for AO. Win Server 2016 Core and HQPlayer 3.2.10 beats my previous WIN 10 Pro/Fidelizer/Process Lasso hands down.

One simple example is: When the music picks up pace and density (I mean more instruments and sounds and increase in recording sound level (fortissimo!) on WIN 10 it sounds harder and the stereo width and depth seems to shrink and it sounds "CROWDED'

On Win 2016 core and AO, everything stays CALM and under control. The sound doesnt get crowded and hard. 

This comparison was done with SAME system and connections. Both had upgraded HQplayer 3.2.10

But What a difference.

One small problem. I just cannot load the iFi idsd USB driver. IT loads but the HQPlayer cannot find it. Under devmgmt.msc. the iFi USB device is now enabled after i ran service_tool.exe. But it does not show in the DAC options under Hqplayer? Does anyone have this same problem>?

Hi @AudioPhil, I am not able to use the Service_Tool of AO to start the Wireless LAN service under WS 2016 Core. It keeps showing error when the function of "Enable the Wireless LAN Support" is selected, even though I have already reset the "Optimization/switch between modes".

In order to run Kodi, the Wireless LAN service has to run properly. Otherwise, the error message of "wlanapi.dll is missing" will be kept on displaying.

In this case, could you please kindly advise how to solve the problem?

Thanks and regards, Simon

4 hours ago, simonklp said:

Hi @AudioPhil, I am not able to use the Service_Tool of AO to start the Wireless LAN service under WS 2016 Core. It keeps showing error when the function of "Enable the Wireless LAN Support" is selected, even though I have already reset the "Optimization/switch between modes".

In order to run Kodi, the Wireless LAN service has to run properly. Otherwise, the error message of "wlanapi.dll is missing" will be kept on displaying.

In this case, could you please kindly advise how to solve the problem?

Thanks and regards, Simon

Hello Simon

WLAN does only work on Windows Server 2012 & 2012 R2 in minimal-server mode. All Windows Server versions in core mode do not offer WLAN support, this is not possible.

Best,
AudioPhil

13 minutes ago, AudioPhil said:

Hello Simon

WLAN does only work on Windows Server 2012 & 2012 R2 in minimal-server mode. All Windows Server versions in core mode do not offer WLAN support, this is not possible.

Best,
AudioPhil

Hi Phil, noted with thanks..Simon

Hi Phil,

I installed JRiver latest ver.24, 64 BT on my server 2012. Works fine.

But Service Tool can't find JRiver as a shell replacement requesting to install it in default directory. It's in GUI mode. Core mode of course the same.

Before that I use Jriver ver.23 with no problem.

Is there any work around?

Thanks and regards, Boris.   

11 hours ago, bgreene said:

Hi Phil,

I installed JRiver latest ver.24, 64 BT on my server 2012. Works fine.

But Service Tool can't find JRiver as a shell replacement requesting to install it in default directory. It's in GUI mode. Core mode of course the same.

Before that I use Jriver ver.23 with no problem.

Is there any work around?

Thanks and regards, Boris.   

Hi Boris

What AO version are you on?

Best,

AudioPhil

Hi Boris

AO 2.10 does not support JRiver 24. But AO 2.20 does, so you simply need to update to AO 2.20. ServiceTool then supports the shell replacement for the latest JRiver version, both in x64 and x86.

Best,

AudioPhil

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/25/2018 at 7:49 PM, bgreene said:

Thanks Phil,

It works great now.

Regards, Boris.

Hi Boris

You are very welcome :)

Best,

AudioPhil

On 6/25/2018 at 8:58 PM, westside said:

Hi,

@AudioPhil

Is it usefull to keep Windows 10 up to date (Windows update) when we use AO ?

Hi

I would keep Windows up to date for many reasons yes, it is adivisable to do so.

Best,

AudioPhil

On 6/3/2016 at 11:08 PM, clipper said:

Elescher, great system.

I have been using the AO beta on an i7 Win10 machine, running Roon and HQPlayer and sending to a microRendu as NAA. It's really, really nice, and better than anything I've had hooked up to my DACs up to this point.

Read more  

Hi Clipper

I have great difficulties to make AO (vs 2.2) work in windows 10 pro with the Sonore UltraRendu.

W10 after a clean install , then the drivers for the PC ( a NUC7i5BNH, chipset drivers and ethernet port driver) and the Audiophile optimizer. Before AO everything worked. HQ player on the android phone could see the Ultrarendu and the library on the NUC, and it all played via an Ethernet bridge (its single Ethernet port and a JCat Ethernet card.) After activation and executing AO, whatever settings, I tried the music player Hifi cast, but also 4 others on mobile phone) could not see the NUC anymore ( server)

I have reset (reinstalled) windows now 4 times and 4 AO activations, tried single PC setup and control pc setup but to no avail

How did you do it? And or what do I do wrong?

1 hour ago, kyrill said:

Hi Clipper

I have great difficulties to make AO (vs 2.2) work in windows 10 pro with the Sonore UltraRendu.

W10 after a clean install , then the drivers for the PC ( a NUC7i5BNH, chipset drivers and ethernet port driver) and the Audiophile optimizer. Before AO everything worked. HQ player on the android phone could see the Ultrarendu and the library on the NUC, and it all played via an Ethernet bridge (its single Ethernet port and a JCat Ethernet card.) After activation and executing AO, whatever settings, I tried the music player Hifi cast, but also 4 others on mobile phone) could not see the NUC anymore ( server)

I have reset (reinstalled) windows now 4 times and 4 AO activations, tried single PC setup and control pc setup but to no avail

How did you do it? And or what do I do wrong?

Are you using wireless?  

Are you able to ping the IP address of the NUC from another PC on your network?

During AO setup did you turn off network services?

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

hi tboooe

no I don t use wireless.

I dont think in windows mode AO give you the choice for E/D networkservices and because I need the bridge, I would not disable it

to ping from another PC  I didn't think of.

I am reinstalling windows now  After 5 or more Windows resets I noticed in the last version ( looking good) under regedit i could not see "Link"anymore under HKey_users/software/Windows/.../Explorer  The first thing I do to get rid of the ugly prefix "shortcut" as if the arrow is not clear enough. So this morning a real fresh install..

My intuition expects that the ping will not see the NUC either. I will post my findings

I have ordered a new NUC which chipset and NIC drivers are accepted by WS2016. The reason I fiddle around with W10 pro is that all NUCS except one type ( 2 HDMI ports) do not provide WS2016 drivers for NIC and chipset. Ofc I did not know that

4 hours ago, kyrill said:

I have ordered a new NUC which chipset and NIC drivers are accepted by WS2016. 

Can you please let me know how you did this?  I recently purchased a NUC but had to return it because I could not get the NIC driver to work with WS2012 R2.

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

11 minutes ago, tboooe said:

Can you please let me know how you did this?  I recently purchased a NUC but had to return it because I could not get the NIC driver to work with WS2012 R2.

I'm on my work laptop but the steps will be the same with Server.  Browse to the folder where you have the NIC drivers.  Those drivers may not be 2012R2 or 2016, they could be Windows 10.  Whatever the latest Windows driver you can find for that NIC.  If it's a NUC I suspect they are Intel drivers.  You can use those specific to your NUC, or you can find out the model of the NIC and get the latest supporting that NIC itself from Intel's site.

Either way you want to manually select the driver.  There will likely be a list of 30 or so drivers to choose from.  If you know it's a gigabit NIC that will help narrow your choice.  Keep trying different drivers until you get one that works.  Might want to write down each one you try so you don't forget as you go through them, the names are often similar, only differentiated by a digit.  They are also often ordered by release date, although the release is represented by that digit.

This is what I did with Windows 10 drivers for a Server 2016 install.  It took a bit, but I found one that worked.

image.thumb.png.3ebd746060a752b22570e0290923bea3.pngimage.thumb.png.23e824e1176a584a7141c5124aa60d52.pngimage.thumb.png.598d9162471f385dfffe95963bd0b551.pngimage.thumb.png.8a2ab8d8186a71027d09a67adfe24067.png

11 minutes ago, Johnseye said:

I'm on my work laptop but the steps will be the same with Server.  Browse to the folder where you have the NIC drivers.  Those drivers may not be 2012R2 or 2016, they could be Windows 10.  Whatever the latest Windows driver you can find for that NIC.  If it's a NUC I suspect they are Intel drivers.  You can use those specific to your NUC, or you can find out the model of the NIC and get the latest supporting that NIC itself from Intel's site.

Either way you want to manually select the driver.  There will likely be a list of 30 or so drivers to choose from.  If you know it's a gigabit NIC that will help narrow your choice.  Keep trying different drivers until you get one that works.  Might want to write down each one you try so you don't forget as you go through them, the names are often similar, only differentiated by a digit.  They are also often ordered by release date, although the release is represented by that digit.

This is what I did with Windows 10 drivers for a Server 2016 install.  It took a bit, but I found one that worked.

image.thumb.png.3ebd746060a752b22570e0290923bea3.pngimage.thumb.png.23e824e1176a584a7141c5124aa60d52.pngimage.thumb.png.598d9162471f385dfffe95963bd0b551.pngimage.thumb.png.8a2ab8d8186a71027d09a67adfe24067.png

Thank you sir!  I did try this method but could not get it to work.  Perhaps I may have skipped over the correct inf file.  I will try this again in the near future.

Other components:

I can suggest u try this for bridging your W2016 server to your NIC. My HQPLAYER is on W2016 core mode snd NAA is a nuc wuad core intel z8300 64bit running Win 10 pro

the is no need for a driver on the Hqplayer pc with NUC as the NAA as the hardware chip on the Unitek does the job for u automatically

i will be converting the Nuc to w2016 by upgrading the bootdruve to a 64gb microsd card this weekendIt is a 32 gb eMmc SOC ( possible for W2016) but i want a dual boot

Still running W2016 and  AO on the HQPlayer PC did not require me for a driver  for the Unitek usb to dual ethernet adapter

Bridging was a breeze and HQPlayer connection to the AA is very stable

51555CD1-4E5C-4C7D-9130-AB608FF746BB.png

16FB0C26-D05E-4281-96D4-68D12C3D9BA5.png

On 7/5/2018 at 3:40 PM, tboooe said:

the NUC7i5DNH accepts WS2016 for its NIC and chipset drivers

also see https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26046/Intel-Gigabit-Ethernet-Network-Connection-Driver-for-Windows-Server-2012-R2-and-Windows-Server-2016-for-Intel-NUC-Kit-NUC6i7KYK?product=70407

and  https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27127/Intel-Gigabit-Ethernet-Network-Connection-Driver-for-Windows-Server-2012-R2-for-Intel-NUC-Kit-NUC5i5MYHE-and-Intel-NUC-Board-NUC5i5MYBE?product=70407

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/6/2018 at 1:31 PM, kelvinwsy said:

One simple example is: When the music picks up pace and density (I mean more instruments and sounds and increase in recording sound level (fortissimo!) on WIN 10 it sounds harder and the stereo width and depth seems to shrink and it sounds "CROWDED'

On Win 2016 core and AO, everything stays CALM and under control. The sound doesnt get crowded and hard. 

This comparison was done with SAME system and connections. Both had upgraded HQplayer 3.2.10

But What a difference.

going from windows 7 with just some manual optimization to W10+fidelizer that's exactly how I felt, quality is much higher but at the cost of musicality. hard is a great way to describe it, well defined but loud and shouty, W7 was sweeter and more free-flowing...  I'll have to check out 2016 core instead, calmness is exactly what's missing from W10