IGNORED

Who's used the Audiophile Optimizer for Windows 2012 Server or Windows 8?

2 minutes ago, AudioPhil said:

Hello

i am not aware of AO disabling IPv6 in any way.

does what you seek for work if you manually re-enable IPv6?

bridging nic‘s is not possible in core as far as I know, be it 2012 R2 or 2016. this is microsoft default behavior in server core.

@AudioPhil

I try reactive ipv6 on win 10 under AO but I don’t have any network when I do this

8 minutes ago, AudioPhil said:

bridging nic‘s is not possible in core as far as I know, be it 2012 R2 or 2016. this is microsoft default behavior in server core.

Right, this why I had to stay in minimal server mode in Server 2012 but with 2016 I am in core mode.  

Before I run AO, I can go into Task Manager in the networking tab and see that an IPV6 address is displayed along with the normal IPV4.  I will test in more detail and report back.

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

Just now, tboooe said:

Right, this why I had to stay in minimal server mode in Server 2012 but with 2016 I am in core mode.  

Before I run AO, I can go into Task Manager in the networking tab and see that an IPV6 address is displayed along with the normal IPV4.  I will test in more detail and report back.

Thanks, that would be of great help! ??

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

5 minutes ago, tboooe said:

Just did a quick check of the source code. TCPIP6 Service gets disabled if one says yes to "disable network related services", what is the expected behavior. Otherwise, so if that option is not chosen, AO does not disable IPv6.

____________________________________________________________________________________

12 minutes ago, AudioPhil said:

Just did a quick check of the source code. TCPIP6 Service gets disabled if one says yes to "disable network related services", what is the expected behavior. Otherwise, so if that option is not chosen, AO does not disable IPv6.

Very odd...because I say no to disabling network services.  I have to have it on so I can control Roon and HQP from my tablet.

Stay tuned for my report back.

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

1 minute ago, tboooe said:

Very odd...because I say no to disabling network services.  I have to have it on so I can control Roon and HQP from my tablet.

Still possible that this is happening because of a dependent other service which might has been disabled.

I suggest both of you try the Microsoft Fix Tool for this: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929852/guidance-for-configuring-ipv6-in-windows-for-advanced-users, choose "Re-enable IPv6 on all nontunnel interfaces".

Please report back.

44 minutes ago, AudioPhil said:

Still possible that this is happening because of a dependent other service which might has been disabled.

I suggest both of you try the Microsoft Fix Tool for this: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929852/guidance-for-configuring-ipv6-in-windows-for-advanced-users, choose "Re-enable IPv6 on all nontunnel interfaces".

Please report back.

Work for me .

Many thanks !

1 hour ago, AudioPhil said:

Please report back.

This wont run on Server 2012 R2 Essentials (I have not tried on Server 2016) yet.  I get the error "class not registered" when I try to run the file.  I have also tried restoring all settings using ST but still get the same error.  i am too much of wimp to try editing the registry but I will try....wish me luck.

EDIT...editing the registry worked...setting the value to 0.  I now see IPv6 address in the Task Manager.

Other components:

37 minutes ago, tboooe said:

This wont run on Server 2012 R2 Essentials (I have not tried on Server 2016) yet.  I get the error "class not registered" when I try to run the file.  I have also tried restoring all settings using ST but still get the same error.  i am too much of wimp to try editing the registry but I will try....wish me luck.

EDIT...editing the registry worked...setting the value to 0.  I now see IPv6 address in the Task Manager.

which registry key, this one?

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip6\Parameters\

1 minute ago, AudioPhil said:

Thats correct...

DisabledComponents set to 0

Other components:

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/22/2018 at 4:25 PM, AudioPhil said:

This may have been answered before but on an Intel NUC i7 which OS would you recommend Phil to connect the NUC to a DAC? W10, 2012R2 or 2016 ? in terms of preference and performance of course

2 minutes ago, luisma said:

This may have been answered before but on an Intel NUC i7 which OS would you recommend Phil to connect the NUC to a DAC? W10, 2012R2 or 2016 ? in terms of preference and performance of course

Note that with the NUCs, driver support for Server OS is limited.  I could not get drivers for the ethernet NIC to install properly for an NUC7i3BNK.  There are a few hacks on the web but I could not get them any of them to work though others have been able to do it.   If you want a simple experience with a NUC, Windows 10 is your only choice.

Other components:

23 minutes ago, tboooe said:

Note that with the NUCs, driver support for Server OS is limited.  I could not get drivers for the ethernet NIC to install properly for an NUC7i3BNK.  There are a few hacks on the web but I could not get them any of them to work though others have been able to do it.   If you want a simple experience with a NUC, Windows 10 is your only choice.

Thanks

I have the 7i7bnh, haven't tried installing server yet, may run into issues, the issue you experience was with 2012R2 or 2016?

Still confirming if my DAC will support drivers for Server version

3 minutes ago, luisma said:

Well the DAC drivers seems to run fine on Windows Server

I believe you are running Windows 2016 per previous post exchange with you 

Actually, I was using the NUC with Server 2012 R2.  Thats the OS my NAA pc is using now.  I figure if I could not get the drivers to install on 2012 I would probably have the same issue on 2016.  After a few hours I gave up and returned the NUC back to Amazon.  Maybe in the future I will try again when I have more patience.

So using Server the ethernet port drivers install?

Other components:

@AudioPhil what do know of the qwave feature in Server 2016?  It seems HQP latest version requires this service.  Will enabling the feature conflict with AO in any way?

Other components:

6 hours ago, AudioPhil said:

Hi

Yes you'll need qWave. Absolutely no problem with AO.

Best,

AudioPhil

Thank you sir!  So it seems that if you choose to disable drivers and services qwave gets disabled too.  Is there a way to whitelist qwave from AO optimization?

Other components:

38 minutes ago, tboooe said:

Thank you sir!  So it seems that if you choose to disable drivers and services qwave gets disabled too.  Is there a way to whitelist qwave from AO optimization?

Hi tboooe

AO does not disable qWave. In contrary, if installed, it does set it to auto start.

Best,

AudioPhil

6 hours ago, AudioPhil said:

Hi tboooe

AO does not disable qWave. In contrary, if installed, it does set it to auto start.

Best,

AudioPhil

Thank you...any pointers on how to enable qwave in Sever 2016?  Ive tried dism and install-windowsfeature commands but keep getting errors.  I have reset the AO optimizations first.

Other components:

EDIT...weird I had to reset using Service Tool 3 times before I was able to enable qWAVE.  All is good now though!  Applied AO, restarted and qWAVE service was still running.

Other components: