IGNORED

Who's used the Audiophile Optimizer for Windows 2012 Server or Windows 8?

3 minutes ago, Blueline said:

OK 

Yes, I remember MS-DOS 6.22 so I may get this to work.

For me, I just save the AO exe file to a USB drive. These are commands I use the most often

CTRL +SHFT+ESC to bring up Task Manager.  From there I run the command cmd to open a command prompt

cd.. is my best frend!

TAB to autocomplete

Arrow up to recall previous commands

Good luck!

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

5 minutes ago, tboooe said:

For me, I just save the AO exe file to a USB drive. These are commands I use the most often

CTRL +SHFT+ESC to bring up Task Manager.  From there I run the command cmd to open a command prompt

cd.. is my best frend!

TAB to autocomplete

Arrow up to recall previous commands

Good luck!

Thanks for the help

1 hour ago, Blueline said:

OK 

Yes, I remember MS-DOS 6.22 so I may get this to work.

Then you are in perfect condition! ??

Btw, DOS 6.22 has actually been exactly the point where i got in touch with computers the very first time. :)

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

47 minutes ago, Blueline said:

What are the minimum hardware requirements for Windows server 2016

This information is missing in pdf

Win 2016 Core

AO

Sotm driver

Dac Driver

JRiver 24

fidelizer (optionally) if space on disk

is this Micron SLC 32gb big enough

https://www.micron.com/parts/solid-state-storage/ssd/mtfddak032sbd-1ah12it

with that software, you won't need much ram -- 8 gb should be plenty.  running windows 10 with similar software only used 1-2gb.  for a hard drive, again, won't need much -- 128gb is more than enough (assuming you're storing media elsewhere).

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100
45 minutes ago, jcn3 said:

with that software, you won't need much ram -- 8 gb should be plenty.  running windows 10 with similar software only used 1-2gb.  for a hard drive, again, won't need much -- 128gb is more than enough (assuming you're storing media elsewhere).

It's not the RAM I'm asking for.

but Disk size, i have 128GB on my Server 2012r2

The question is whether the 32GB SSD is big enough for the upgrade system

Win 2016 Core

AO

Sotm driver

Dac Driver

JRiver 24

fidelizer (optional) if space on disk

Just now, Blueline said:

It's not the RAM I'm asking for.

but Disk size, i have 128GB on my Server 2012r2

The question is whether the 32GB SSD is big enough for the upgrade system

Win 2016 Core

AO

Sotm driver

Dac Driver

JRiver 24

fidelizer (optional) if space on disk

i'd get bigger than that

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100

For OS disk, my 16GB SSD has been just enough but can be marginal sometimes.  32GB imho is plenty enough.  I'd spend saved $$ from small disk size (32GB) on high quality SSD (SLC comes to mind).  My two cents.

WS2019 Core Datacenter, dualPC, JPLAY Femto, AO3, Fidelizer Pro 8.8, MC2XY, IOS app.

2 hours ago, thuandb said:

For OS disk, my 16GB SSD has been just enough but can be marginal sometimes.  32GB imho is plenty enough.  I'd spend saved $$ from small disk size (32GB) on high quality SSD (SLC comes to mind).  My two cents.

I'm considering buying one

Micron MTFDDAK032SBD-1AH12ITYY

Found this 32GB SLC to 120Euro
is it an ok disk

On 5.5.2018 at 12:58 AM, Blueline said:

I'm considering buying one

Micron MTFDDAK032SBD-1AH12ITYY

Found this 32GB SLC to 120Euro
is it an ok disk

Plenty enough space! ??

____________________________________________________________________________________

On 5/7/2018 at 10:33 AM, AudioPhil said:

Plenty enough space! ??

Hi Phil, I am planning on buying your optimizer for my W10 N, a few questions: do I need to have a clean to use the AO? There is a software that needs internet active to install it but once I install it I want al the internet features off, is that possible or I have to do it by hand? I will use it in my new supermicro with i77700K CPU, but in a few months I will do an upgrade to Xeon and another mother with ECC ram, do I have to buy again the AO or it covers both pc? Thanks Phil, hope you are doing great. Guillermo

www.guillermoguareschi.com.ar

Hello screenmusic

a clean (and dedicated) installation of Windows is always preffered. But you can also use it on what you already have, no problem after all.

AO can also be activated offline by using another computer, so no problem there as welll :) it‘s all documented in detail in the PDF guide.

No need to buy AO again. Your license will contain five Activations, so if you like you can use it on five different machines at the same time. On the same machine the Activation Key once generated can be used unlimited times.

Hope this helps to clarify.

Best,

AudioPhil

7 hours ago, AudioPhil said:

Hello screenmusic

a clean (and dedicated) installation of Windows is always preffered. But you can also use it on what you already have, no problem after all.

AO can also be activated offline by using another computer, so no problem there as welll :) it‘s all documented in detail in the PDF guide.

No need to buy AO again. Your license will contain five Activations, so if you like you can use it on five different machines at the same time. On the same machine the Activation Key once generated can be used unlimited times.

Hope this helps to clarify.

Best,

AudioPhil

Hi Phil I bought this morning your software but didnt get any link, Guillermo

Hello Guillermo

Yes this is because you bought it via the webshop and not via the website. its written in red & bold letters that the purchase via webshop is not fully automated compared to our website where this is the case.

Either way, nothing to worry! :) Your data will be in our databases very soon, you'll get a confirmation email as soon as everything is ready for you.

Best,

AudioPhil

On 5/15/2018 at 2:57 PM, AudioPhil said:

Hello Guillermo

Yes this is because you bought it via the webshop and not via the website. its written in red & bold letters that the purchase via webshop is not fully automated compared to our website where this is the case.

Either way, nothing to worry! :) Your data will be in our databases very soon, you'll get a confirmation email as soon as everything is ready for you.

Best,

AudioPhil

Hi Phil, I bought your AO and now I am trying to do a double boot in my SSD 256 GB one with windows 10 which I have all my programs and the other partition, as you mentioned in your PDF, I am planning to instal Windows Server R2 and do the AO optimization there, is this possible? of course, this will be a test, once I listen to the sound differences I will do a clean install of Windows server only, please let me know, many thanks, Guillermo

Hello

For multi-boot systems it is always needed to install the OS in a specific order, oldes first and newest last. If you install Server 2012 R2 after Windows 10 you will probably no longer be able to boot Windows 10. You will then need the help of a third party tool like EasyBCD if you can't fix it manually using BCDEDIT.EXE

Best,

AudioPhil

Hi,

I want to use NAA IPv6 in hqplayer but i cant , my dac Is only selectable  in NAA normal.

My server run on AO (last realease) + Fidelizer 8.1 + win 10 ( i try win 2012 server r2 but same issue )

On windows 10 without AO and without Fidelizer I can select ipv6 in hqplayer and I can select my dac.

Can you help me please ?

Thanks.

3 minutes ago, westside said:

Hi,

I want to use NAA IPv6 in hqplayer but i cant , my dac Is only selectable  in NAA normal.

My server run on AO (last realease) + Fidelizer 8.1 + win 10 ( i try win 2012 server r2 but same issue )

On windows 10 without AO and without Fidelizer I can select ipv6 in hqplayer and I can select my dac.

Can you help me please ?

Thanks.

I was going to actually post about this IPV6 issue too.  It seems AO does something to disable IPV6.  @AudioPhil can you pls confirm?  Would it be possible to have an option to keep it enabled?  

For me, I was trying to test a scenario out that the dev of HQP suggested that would let me connect the NAA PC direct to my HQP PC without the need for a switch by using IPV6.  Using Server 2016 in core mode, I can't bridge my NICs like I did before using Server 2012 R2 in minimal server mode.

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

Hello

i am not aware of AO disabling IPv6 in any way.

does what you seek for work if you manually re-enable IPv6?

bridging nic‘s is not possible in core as far as I know, be it 2012 R2 or 2016. this is microsoft default behavior in server core.