IGNORED

Who's used the Audiophile Optimizer for Windows 2012 Server or Windows 8?

Feedback on AO 1.30 is now starting to get posted Phil, both here and on the JPlay Forum. If you had any concerns that an initial lack of feedback was due to dissatisfaction with AO 1.30, they are unfounded. Your assumption that we are all too busy listening to post feedback appears to be correct! As you have requested feedback, here is my contribution.

Installation of 1.30 is very straightforward and the new Service Tool makes setup easy for those users who, like myself, do not have advanced technical skills or knowledge. The new version of Service Tool is even more user friendly than its predecessor. I experienced no difficulties or problems with the upgrade and activation was easy, as was the case with previous builds. I had been experiencing a problem with most recent builds of JRiver Media Center 20 running in Core Mode on Windows Server 2012 R2. AO 1.30 addresses this issue and the JRiver Media Center 20/JPlay 5.2.1/Audiophile Optimizer 1.30 combination is faultlessly compatible. The revised manual provides explicit and detailed instructions although Phil responds very promptly to queries posted either in this thread or in the relevant threads on the JPlay Forum.

The optimization process is also user friendly, the manual providing the user with an excellent point of reference. I had set up a static IP address when installing a previous version in order that I could disable network services. The upgrade to AO 1.30 enabled me to carry over settings from my previous installation. I chose Ultimate Mode (In Windows Server 2012 Core Mode) for optimization (Sound Signature/Digital Filter Mode 2D) and followed the instructions and advice provided in the manual. When the Optimizer had restarted, I used the Service Tool to select JRiver Media Center 20 as the default shell and restarted my computer. It might be helpful to point out that I use an Acer i5 laptop with 8GB RAM. I also use an M2Tech HiFace Evo with Paul Hynes SR-1 Power Supply, Naim Audio NAC52/Naim Audio Supercap/Naim Audio NAP250 and Naim SBL MkI speakers. I have always found it difficult to write about anything to do with music. The interface between humankind and music is a personal interaction and any judgements pertaining to that interface will, by their very nature, be subjective. With that caveat, I offer the following observations.

In short, Audiophile Optimizer 1.30 is a revelation! The dynamic range is better, stereo imaging and placement is better defined and there is an illusion of greater space between individual musicians and/or vocalists, making it easier to gain a greater insight into the musical components of a given recording. My reference album to judge system upgrades is not one of the accepted 'audiophile' recordings, it is a 16/44 rip from my CD of the first album by Hatfield and the North (http://tinyurl.com/mubufgu). This album has brought me more pleasure over the past forty years than any other in my collection and listening to it is always a very personal experience. Listening to this album with AO 1.30 gave me greater insight into its contents. AO 1.30 did not reveal content in the mix of which I was previously unaware but the presentation and articulation of the music were much improved, bringing me closer to the original recording. I then listened to other albums from Miles Davis' 'Kind of Blue' (24/192 HDtracks Stereo) to Stravinsky's 'Rite of Spring' (http://tinyurl.com/qzcscsu)(DSD rip from SACD iso). The improvement offered by AO 1.30 is clear and tangible across all musical genres an audio formats.

I am often sceptical with regard to upgrades in audio replay systems and it saddens me on some audio forums to note how the qualities of music have taken a back seat to an obsession for audio replay equipment and the constant quest to upgrade at costs which often run into five figure sums! I haven't had many 'wow' moments in the development of my system ... Owing a Linn Sondek LP12 for the first time was one, upgrading from a Naim Audio NAC82/HI-CAP to a Naim Audio NAC52/Supercap was another. The upgrade to Audiophile Optimizer 1.30 provided me with another rare 'wow' moment ...

It really is that good!

For a cost of 20€, it has to be the most cost effective upgrade I have ever made to my system. If you are not already an AO user, then initial purchase will cost 100€. Either way, you will not be disappointed!

• 2 months later...
phil just want money.i want best sound!!!

This comment is unjustified! Phil is not motivated by greed in any way and given the thousands of hours he put into developing Audiophile Optimizer, the financial rewards have probably not been commensurate.

Audiophile Optimizer works! I have to admit that I only bought into it as so many people were recommending it through this forum and others. I figured that if it didn't live up to its reputation, then I hadn't lost too much money. Audiophile Optimizer transformed the sound of my system and the recently released version 1.30 offers another huge improvement. The manual, which can be downloaded from Phil's website, is informative and enables people without too much technical knowledge, such as myself, to install and use the product. The software comes in two parts. Firstly, Audiophile Optimizer itself and secondly, Service Tool, which simplifies all processes that might cause a problem to those uninitiated with Windows 2012 Server.

If you really want "best sound" I suggest that you ask Phil to provide you with a trial version. You won't be disappointed. I am happy to recommend Audiophile Optimizer without reservation and commend to you, the quality of service and support that Phil provides to all of his customers.

The message should be removed. You can't come here and simply accuse someone who has put hard work in deliver of an excellent product. Together with JPLAY, the Windows Server 2012 R2 optimized by AO is the game changer to me. It's the best sound I've ever got in my room, period. And for how much money? Altogether they probably cost less than a couple of audio cables I had spent on.

Leave the original post. I am sure that the replies of those who appreciate Phil's software and customer service will do more to negate the original post than removal!

• 10 months later...

I am running Windows Server 2012 R2 with Audiophile Optimizer 1.40 in Core Mode. I am using Bug Head player and want to run the Rewrite Data exe file as administrator. Can someone please tell me how to run an exe file as administrator from the command prompt? Thank you

cd C:/

next cd program files

next cd hiroyuki yokota

next cd rewritedata (notice one word)

next rewritedata.exe (notice no cd in front)

I hope it works

Thanks kiskaprince. I have a batch file on my PC to run Rewrite Data that contains that exact text. I want to run this routine, provide by MrJohn in the Bug Head thread of JPLAY Forum:

Run ACAC;

Right click and run Rewrite Data as Administrator.

Press "User Select" button on the far right of the Rewrite Data screen.

Navigate to: This PC/C:/JPlay and then Start (Rewrite),

Then press Bug Head button (top left) and Rewrite that.

Wait 3 minutes and repeat -twice.

Then run ACAC again.

I can't get it to work as Rewrite Data needs to be run as administrator and I don't think this text will do that. Do you have any other ideas? Thanks