IGNORED

Who's used the Audiophile Optimizer for Windows 2012 Server or Windows 8?

On 6/6/2018 at 1:31 PM, kelvinwsy said:

One simple example is: When the music picks up pace and density (I mean more instruments and sounds and increase in recording sound level (fortissimo!) on WIN 10 it sounds harder and the stereo width and depth seems to shrink and it sounds "CROWDED'

On Win 2016 core and AO, everything stays CALM and under control. The sound doesnt get crowded and hard. 

This comparison was done with SAME system and connections. Both had upgraded HQplayer 3.2.10

But What a difference.

going from windows 7 with just some manual optimization to W10+fidelizer that's exactly how I felt, quality is much higher but at the cost of musicality. hard is a great way to describe it, well defined but loud and shouty, W7 was sweeter and more free-flowing...  I'll have to check out 2016 core instead, calmness is exactly what's missing from W10

Server 2016 GUI or Desktop experience turns out to be a big big upgrade from W10, I didnt expect this since W10 is so well regarded around here but with just fidelizer W10 pales in comparison... and the digital-ness that seemed to get worse in W10 from W7 has dropped to practically zero....  music has more density, smoothness, crispness, openess. AO still needs to be added to the mix. 

I was hoping with GUI it could be used as basic PC for browsing but driver support is proving to be an issue. Luckily no issues on the audio side, but unable to find a LAN driver for my MoBo and there doesnt seem to be any ethernet or WiFi cards that support S2016... might have to buy a new MoBo

thanks for the advice guys, I tried manually installing the driver files from ASUS with no luck. Then got the W10 driver installer from intel for this particular ethernet controller and it didnt seem to care about the OS but instead gave the error 'Cannot Install Drivers. No Intel(R) adapters are present in this computer." which is just wrong, turns out many people have this issue.

I wanted to try manually installing the files in the .exe but wasnt sure how to extract them, luckily someone made a guide and provided the driver files aswell: 

https://www.nexthardware.com/forum/pc-top-software/85417-windows-server-2012r2-9.html#post929149

was intended for server 2012 but also works with 2016 luckily.

It involved disabling signature enforcement but the driver did not need to be reinstalled after rebooting so its working perfectly now!