IGNORED

Who's used the Audiophile Optimizer for Windows 2012 Server or Windows 8?

I have to echo everyone else's comments.

If you're using a Windows server, Phil's software is a must.

I defy anyone to find a hardware or cable investment that offers the same bang for the buck.

Couple that with Phil's friendly and timely responses and I can only say if you don't try his software it's your loss.

Products like Phil's have made this hobby more enjoyable than ever for me . . . and I suspect many others as well.

Joel

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I was doubtful as well . . . until I tried the Sata and ethernet cables.

The fact that I'm not smart enough to understand why these cables work, fortunately, doesn't keep my ears from enjoying the result. Start with one Sata cable if you're not sure, and then go from there. I haven't read of one person who was disappointed.

Joel

Where have you put the ethernet cables? At 299 EURO per cable, would get expensive going from router/switch to PC and router/switch to NAS, etc.

Also, is there any sonic disadvantage to having music stored on a NAS rather than a second internal SSD? Because the AO manual suggests having 2 SSDs (OS and music storage).

I'm using my ethernet cable as a short run to my Controlpc server and between my Controlpc and Audiopc. Both are short runs.

I'm using an external hard drive and am using a JCAT sata cable there too. I've almost completely stopped trying to make sense of what should and should not sound better. I'm not smart enough to understand the reasons. So I'm left to listen and be amazed.

While I may be wrong about this, my understanding is that almost any component (including routers and NAS) can inject noise back into an electrical network, to be picked up by other components. Even if a component doesn't play music per se, it can still contribute to the sound of the components which do play music.

If someone knows better than me on this topic and wants to correct me, please feel free.

Joel