IGNORED

Who's used the Audiophile Optimizer for Windows 2012 Server or Windows 8?

On Saturday, May 06, 2017 at 9:37 AM, ms012873 said:

Big Al:

on the sponsored forum for AO, there are many posts from users running in core mode using AO beta on Server 2016.

those users universally report a clear improvement in SQ when using Server 2016 in core mode, in comparison to using Server 2012 R2 in core mode.  

While I use AO with Server 2012 R2 in core mode, I have not installed 2016, so I can not report my personal experience--but on that forum, many others have made the comparison and reported their (universally positive) impressions.

I  don't know why that on my system running HQPlayer with NAA, I feel WS 2012 R2 is better than WS 2016. AO is also used in both WS OS.

• 1 year later...

Hi @AudioPhil, I am not able to use the Service_Tool of AO to start the Wireless LAN service under WS 2016 Core. It keeps showing error when the function of "Enable the Wireless LAN Support" is selected, even though I have already reset the "Optimization/switch between modes".

In order to run Kodi, the Wireless LAN service has to run properly. Otherwise, the error message of "wlanapi.dll is missing" will be kept on displaying.

In this case, could you please kindly advise how to solve the problem?

Thanks and regards, Simon

13 minutes ago, AudioPhil said:

Hello Simon

WLAN does only work on Windows Server 2012 & 2012 R2 in minimal-server mode. All Windows Server versions in core mode do not offer WLAN support, this is not possible.

Best,
AudioPhil

Hi Phil, noted with thanks..Simon

• 5 months later...
2 hours ago, AudioPhil said:

Hello Folks

We had a few inquiries about this so i thought i let everyone know who is subcribed to this thread. One question we had a lot of times was regarding AO 2.20's compatibility in regard of the new Windows 10 1809 upgrade. We have thourougly tested AO 2.20 on Windows 10 1890 and everything works absolutely flawless. There are no issues to be expected because of the 1809 upgrade, so for those on Windows 10 please feel free and go ahead with the upgrade.

There are also many questions about Windows Server 2019 and some even heard about a coming AO 3.00. Well yes this is true, AO 3.00 is in the works since quite a while and it performs wonderfully on Server 2019 both GUI and Core. The general release of AO is projected somewhere in Q2 2019, but the public beta phase is very likely to start in the beginning of 2019. We are working on a solution to make the AO 3.00 Beta available for all current AO 2.20 users after a phase 0 testing with a selected group of very good beta testers.

Enjoy it,

AudioPhil

Hi Phil, that's great. Nice to hear about that. Those who are able to test the AO 3.00 Beta will be the lucky guys. Look forward to hearing the comments soon. Cheers.