IGNORED

Who's used the Audiophile Optimizer for Windows 2012 Server or Windows 8?

I just backed up my Server HTPC install and did a clean install of Win10. Installed drivers and devices and Jriver and THAT is all....

Video playback without a doubt is much better/smoother than my server install.

Audio playback sounds fantastic as well!

I am happy as-is with no optimization... I will likely disable the usual services, bloat, notification BS, etc.

I'm even happy with Edge browser and I have no need to install any 3rd party Bluetooth software.... Windows does it all!

I concur with you, Windows 10 with some slight optimization is sounding very good. I am also an avid promo video enthusiast. Will take a lot for me to move out of my current configuration. But I'll give Phil's new Windows 10 AO a go for Audio only optimization. I'll split my operating drive in two. Waiting with a fresh Windows 10 USB stick ready to go. Sounds like we got another month at least to wait for a beta.

(JRiver) Jetway barebones NUC (mod 3 sCLK-EX, Cybershaft OP 14)  (PH SR7) => mini pcie adapter to PCIe 1X => tXUSBexp PCIe card (mod sCLK-EX) (PH SR7) => (USPCB) Chord DAVE => Omega Super 8XRS/REL t5i  (All powered thru Topaz Isolation Transformer)

• 1 year later...
Does AO generate a script that shows everything that is going to get changed in the system when optimization is run? Does it produce a log that shows everything that was changed by running optimization?

Another question. If I want to have two instances of Windows 10 on the same computer (one for AO and one for non-audio use) do I have to buy another Windows 10 license to get both instances activated? I realize this is really a Microsoft question, but I'm sure current AO users must have already thought about this.

Windows 10 is married to the motherboard. You can freely create as many partitions or new drives with Windows 10 as you like.

(JRiver) Jetway barebones NUC (mod 3 sCLK-EX, Cybershaft OP 14)  (PH SR7) => mini pcie adapter to PCIe 1X => tXUSBexp PCIe card (mod sCLK-EX) (PH SR7) => (USPCB) Chord DAVE => Omega Super 8XRS/REL t5i  (All powered thru Topaz Isolation Transformer)

• 2 weeks later...
First of all, the AO upgrade to v2 is phantastic!

I'm running it on an W10 Home install. While reading about some limitations, I'm wondering how to get rid of OneDrive and Defender. Still here and no questions asked during AO install (and no mention in the manual hat his is a Home limitation ;) Same behaviour for 2.0 and the 2.1 beta 4.

Thanks for a hint on that!

If you would like to disable Windows Defender in Windows 10 Home edition, permanently.

Go here Windows Defender - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Go to option 2, step 3, download the app to change your registry. Works great and greys out defender from being activated again for good unless you download the app for step 2 to activate again in your registry.

OneDrive can be disabled in Task Manager/startup.

How does one get the trial version? I put in a request yesterday, as per instructions on the website. Do I have to purchase first and then get 14 days trial? A bit confused on this procedure.

Yes You need to first purchase AO. Then You need to send email that You want to get a 14 days trial version. After that You will get a link to trial version.

I'll wait to hear back from Highend-AudioPC.com.

Thanks Phil,

Received the email. Unfortunately, it looks like you can only try the trial version with a evaluation version of Windows server 12. I need to try it with Windows 10 Pro full version. Also you still need to make a purchase, so basically it is a money back guarantee, not a trial. AND it's only version 1.30. NOTE: As per the email sent to me.

So basically there is no free trial of AO for Windows 10.

• 1 month later...

One could extrapolate this even further with the Intona and it's galvanic isolation, powered by an LPS-1 via USB audio card. Does the OS optimization really matter then?

If you mean the OS optimization of an USB connected machine to a DAC through an Intona or other galvanic isolation solution, the answer is most definitely yes, the OS optimization matters, big time, despite the isolation.

Yes, I just tested it with my new LPS-1's. It still makes a difference from OS optimization and not. Humm, my thoughts are that one is not getting true galvanic isolation yet, even with the Intona due to the contaminated 3.3V connection with the USB audio card.

• 2 weeks later...
OK...one more thought experiment. Instead of streaming a track, what if your music server saved the track output twice to 2 different files, one when AO is operating and one when it isn't. Would you be able to tell which file when sent to the rendu was written when AO was running? Note that I would expect in this case that the checksums of both files would be identical.

Data is just data. Once copied it would be identical unless your Sandy when you do it. And you couldn't compare because they are not being streamed. It's when it's streamed that the river becomes polluted.