IGNORED

Who's used the Audiophile Optimizer for Windows 2012 Server or Windows 8?

I recently installed 2012R2 and am unable to use the ethernet ports. My pc is CAPS-like with an ASUS Z97 Deluxe motherboard. To use wi-fi, I only had to enable the feature in the server and did not have to download any additional drivers for it to work. But even though I enabled the ethernet controllers in the Device Manager, it still doesn't show up under the list of active network adapters (in the Device Manager). I verified in BIOS that the ports are enabled.

I did try to download what I thought was an appropriate ethernet driver, but got an error message. Anyone have a similar problem? The manual says I can't install AO until all missing drivers are installed.

Thanks.

I have got TIDAL running with AO in gui mode, but not minimal server or core modes. The limitation is the need to have the sound control panel working so that your Chrome browser or the Tidal app can find the chosen default device driver for playback. Perhaps there is a way to do this in minimal server if first the right default is set in gui mode. Also, perhaps there are command line commands that can set the default device and/or start the sound panel in core mode, but someone else will have to come up with these for us.

Thanks. From what I understand, the real benefit of AO comes through in core or at least minimal. I already run 2012R2 with some of the bios tweaks in the AO manual, but is AO worth it if I can only run it in gui mode?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Are browsers active when AO is in use? (presumably in GUI mode?) If it is, has anyone tried running Tidal's web interface? Does allowing all the elements of the OS required to run a browser (and Tidal's web interface) reduce the effectiveness of AO to the point of making it only minimally better than not running AO (on 2012R2) at all?

I believe I read that I can allow Tidal's native app (like JRiver, for instance) in minimal-server mode (or perhaps even core mode?), but Tidal's web interface is preferred.

I've used Spotify and Qobuz in GUI mode equipped with AO with no issues. This should work for Tidal as well, at least in GUI mode.

Ok, thanks. In that case I guess it's now a question of whether or not the difference between 2012r2 with AO in GUI mode is significantly better than 2012r2 without AO. I would appreciate some comments from those that have made this comparison. I realize core or minimal is preferred.

• 5 months later...

Has anyone installed drivers for Berkeley Alpha USB on 2012R2 with AO? I'm getting an incompatibility error when installing the driver provided Berkeley. I spoke to Berkeley who has had other customers experience the same problem; they indicated that the source of the problem is AO (and that others have found workarounds.)