IGNORED

Who's used the Audiophile Optimizer for Windows 2012 Server or Windows 8?

hey guys, I did a quick search but could not find a link to Phil's Audiophile Optimizer. Can someone please direct me? Also, is there a version for Windows 7? I am using Fidelizer with good results so Phil's optimizer is very interesting to me.

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

For any one interested in trying Windows Server 2012, Microsoft offers a free 6 month trial. That's the only reason I took a chance.

Man, if only it wasnt so damn expensive!

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

Can I use Server Essentials or does it have to be Standard? Also, will Server run on an Atom based machine?

Other components:

Thank you for the reply Phil. I must admit I am totally intrigued! I am going to try and find someone to split the cost of a Standard license with me.

Other components:

• 4 weeks later...
Hello Folks

A standard IBM Laptop equipped with Server 2012, JPLAY 5.2 and AudiophileOptimizer 1.21 is playing on the same level as like a Linn G-ADS DAC or a LaRosita Beta Connect. Read about the shoot out here (german): aktives-hoeren.de • Thema anzeigen - Daniel (AGM 4.4, Genelec 8020)

What do you think how a fully tuned Highend-AudioPC will sound like compared to those devices? :)

All the best,

Phil

This is great info as I was contemplating either building a new music server and using my existing Win7 license or purchase Server + Optimizer. It sure seems like I may get more incremental improvement by using Server + Optimizer on my current Atom based PC than building a new pc and adding Server later (limitation of funds wont let me do both at the same time).

Other components:

I just set up a new Windows Server 2012 R2 Core Installation with AudiophileOptimizer 1.21 and JPLAY 5.2 Beta 14 and it is buy far the best SQ I ever had. The System is configured with lowest USB driver latency and JPLAY set to KS/directlink/native bitstream. The results with 24/88.2 and 24/96 flac files are just amazing.

Professor_henry, what is the configuration of the PC you are using?

Other components:

Phil, I ran your Optimizer but now my USB wifi adapter is no longer working. Any ideas?

Other components:

Phil, I ran your Optimizer but now my USB wifi adapter is no longer working. Any ideas?

Not sure what happened when I switched to core mode but wireless services were uninstalled. After re-installing I can now connect the Jriver media center via Jremote but now my mapped drive from my NAS is no longer connected. When I try to map using the net use command I can't connect. The NAS is definitely available as I checked from another PC. Any ideas?

Other components:

I finally got everything working (seems there is some features and services that are turned off she switching to Core mode). All I can say is Phil is now my hero! I already thought everything sounded better in Core mode compared to Windows 7. I hear a bigger sound as if I was listening to music at the venue versus sitting in my small listening room. After installing Optimizer I am floored at the organic nature of vocals. I listen to mainly female acoustic and jazz vocals. Voices have a weight and texture that I have only heard on really good tube systems. Everything sounds more 3 dimensional. Incredible. Needless to say I am very pleased!

Being a true audiophile and want to look for more ways to improve the sound. Perhaps I will start trying out the different filters and sound profiles. Have others tried changing these. I would be very curious to hear what the general characteristic of each.

Ok back to listening to Halie Loren.

Other components:

Hi

Sure :)

This Video Shows Server 2012 R2 in core mode, with no autologon and no Shell replacement configured:

It's the same for Foobar2000 etc.

Yup, just execute the Media Center 19.exe file sound in the Media Center directory. I have MC running on my PC and I access it via remote desktop. Its great!

BTW, what is 1.22Express????

Other components:

Awesome. Would love to try it Phil! Thank you for the continued development.

Other components:

Phil, I just spent a bit of time trying out the latest beta and as you mentioned the improvements are subtle. In my system, I noticed a slightly clearer, more pure sound as if the noise floor was lowered. Thank you for continuing to improve an already awesome product.

Other components:

Did you use the new Express or Advanced modes in the new beta? Or are the subtle improvements not related to those new features?

I used Advance mode because I need Remote Desktop and network services for my NAS. I am pretty sure the improvements are more related to the other tweaks that Phil mentioned in his post above.

Other components:

I agree, a trial would be great. However, I must say since switching to Server + Optimizer, my system has never sounded better. Vocals are particularly stunning, almost tube like in terms of weight and texture. Incredible! I will say that getting room treatments has helped me be better able to hear differences when I change things.

Other components:

David, glad you are up and running though I really didn't help you at all. Phil's support on the other hand is always top notch and very timely. Hope you enjoy the setup. It's cold and rainy here so I am just chillin listening to Halie Loren with a warm cup of coffee. Doesn't get better than this.

Other components:

• 4 weeks later...

Well that's great news. I can now easily upgrade Jriver now. Do you know if the wireless feature will be automatically enabled when switching to Core mode? It seems Server disables it.

Other components:

Hi

Core mode does not Support WLAN (Wireless-Network Feature gets deinstalled),

only GUI and minimal-server mode do.

Core mode does support wireless. The feature and service just needs to be enabled in Powershell. It wouldn't too hard to add a script or option in Optimizer to ask if wireless is needed would it? :)

Other components:

Thank you Phil and happy new year!

Question for you...what does the shell_jriver registry file do? I currently have Jriver set to automatically start up when the PC restarts. Is this the same thing?

Other components:

Hi

What you do is something like putting a program in the "autostart" folder.

The registry file replaces the Shell. This means instead of starting the exploer Environment, or the commnd prompt, JRiver get's directly started after you log on.

BEst Phil

Phil, any benefit to doing it your way versus how I do it?

Other components:

• 1 month later...

Phil, just sent you a pm. Btw, why no gmail addresses?

Other components:

Phil, you mention US 125 and 25. What is this?

Other components:

I have no idea what Phil did in this version of Optimizer but I would swear it sounds better. I am hearing more detail and there seems to be more decay with notes. Maybe this is just placebo? Is anyone else hearing am improvement with this version?

Btw, I didn't use Phil's ServiceTool as my system was already set up properly so I cannot comment on that.

Other components:

• 2 weeks later...

I may be totally hearing things but version 1.24 sounds better than the beta version???

Other components:

• 1 month later...

Very interested in the Essentials support. Does anyone know if optimized Essentials sound as good as optimized Server? I have not purchased Server yet (still on the trial) so it would be great to save some money.

Other components:

• 1 month later...

Cant run AO on Essentials. I get the error Path not Found even if I directly run in from the EXE file in my D directory. ServiceTool runs fine though....

Other components: