IGNORED

Who's used the Audiophile Optimizer for Windows 2012 Server or Windows 8?

Beta9 running flawless here on 2 setups:

-Jriver-jplay 6 dual pc (for video)

-Hq player - naa dual pc for music

Using sig/filter X/X for music and tune by hqplayer settings. AO beta 9 is a good step up in transparancy and image depth.

Question:

What to do with the control/audiopc question if you use hqp/naa on a dual pc in stead of jplay? What does it actually do?

Ok already did that thanks. Another feature that you could maybe add is choose the hq player network deamon as shell replacement, but its less obvious since its just a zipfile/exe so no default installation location but you could add instructions to unzip in systemdrive\ao or whatever? I have no problem adding it to the registry myself but for some it may make life easier maybe :)

• 3 months later...
A better way is to get a VPro compliant PC with AMT. These are the Qx7 series motherboards in combination with standard i5 and i7 chips (no T, S or K) and Intel network ports. It also allows BIOS editing remotely.

Actually I have two intel q77-kb based systems. You will probably be surprised to learn enabling AMT is horrible for the sound on those. Power consumption goes up aswell, could be why. Or having 2 nics active perhaps. Anyway thats guessing. Took me quite some time figuring out AMT was the wrongdoer. I an running those with i7-3770T cpu's btw, AMT did work. Was quite a hassle to get rid off again, had to reset by jumper on the motherboard.