IGNORED

Article: Auralic Taurus MKII Balanced Headphone Amp Review

Brian

Brian, I enjoyed the review. I did find it curious that Auralic tuned the amplifier section with the Audeze LCD-3 in mind. At the same time, the Audeze is viewed by many (not all but many) as the holy grail of non-electrostatic headphones. Tuning it to the LCD-3's, however, does not(thankfully) mean that it doesn't play nice with other headphones. As headphone amps go, the asking price of the Taurus MKII is quite attractive for what it offers.

It's a bit unique to read a review written from a drum-centric point of view but I, nonetheless, did find your perspective to be novel and interesting. Still, I 'd be keen to hear about how the Taurus MKII fared with vocals, piano and reed instruments.

As the owner of an Auralic Vega and a pair of LCD-3's, you've certainly given me food for thought.

Esau

P.S.

- Don't know what you meant by "vicarious" in the next to last paragraph. I assume you had another word in mind.

It would be interesting to have your views on the Auralic compared to the Luxman you wrote up on three months ago. Is the Luxman worth the extra money? Do you think any of them fare well with a Sennheiser HD 800? Thanks! Pedro

If you are looking at products in the price range that the Luxman falls in, then yes, it is worth the extra money. I was extremely impressed with the amplifier and it's beautiful, full sound.

Brian, I enjoyed the review. I did find it curious that Auralic tuned the amplifier section with the Audeze LCD-3 in mind. At the same time, the Audeze is viewed by many (not all but many) as the holy grail of non-electrostatic headphones. Tuning it to the LCD-3's, however, does not(thankfully) mean that it doesn't play nice with other headphones. As headphone amps go, the asking price of the Taurus MKII is quite attractive for what it offers.

It's a bit unique to read a review written from a drum-centric point of view but I, nonetheless, did find your perspective to be novel and interesting. Still, I 'd be keen to hear about how the Taurus MKII fared with vocals, piano and reed instruments.

As the owner of an Auralic Vega and a pair of LCD-3's, you've certainly given me food for thought.

Esau

P.S.

- Don't know what you meant by "vicarious" in the next to last paragraph. I assume you had another word in mind.

Esau,

Thanks for the catch! The Taurus still performs very much along the lines of natural and neutral when it comes to vocals, piano and reed instruments. Its response is very uncolored and is not pushed "forward" or over emphasized, it appears very balanced with the rest of the spectrum. It would make a great pairing with musical genres that focus on those instruments.

Brian