IGNORED

Mutec MC-3+

Me too! received my MC3+USB mid December. Very, very happy.

Main: 2x2TB Ext HDD/Mac Mini 2.3 GhZ core i5 + Uptone MMK & Teradak LPS/Roon/Ethernet LAN/Uptone Audio EtherRegenr/.5M Supra CAT8/SoTM sMs200-ULTRA NEO + SBooster BOTW P&P Eco MkII/Curious cable .2M/UpTone Audio ISORegen + SBooster Ultra/Curious cable .2M/Mutec MC3+USB/DH Labs Silver sonic D110 AES/Genelec 7370A+ 2 x 85351s running GLM 3.1 with wireless remote.

Office: 4TBHDD/MacBookPro/Audirvana /.25M AQvox USB/UpTone Audio ISORegen with SBooster Ultra/.25M Moon Audio Silver dragon USB/Chord Hugo2/.25M Moon Audio Silver dragon phono/Rogue Audio Sphinx 2/Anti-cables level 3/Elac Uni_Fi UB5's on Isoacoustics Apertas/Genelec 7050c Sub.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Andy,

Your signature suggests that you have kept UpTone Audio Regen as well as Intona USB Isolator before the Mutec MC-3.

Have you tried to remove the Regen ? Is best SQ achieved with the three items ?

Hi Swiss,

Yes. To my ears and with the Mutec feeding my Genelec 8531's (which have their own proprietary internal Dac's and Amplifiers) via DHLabs Silver Sonic 110 XLR's I found the SQ improved with each addition. The Uptone most noticeably when I added the SBooster Ultra power supply and Booster USB Isolator.

I have read reviews where the daisy-chaining of two (or more) Mutecs has been discussed positively:

Tik Tik Tik: Four audio engineers hash out the merits of Mutec's new MC-3+ Master Clock | Tape Op Magazine | Longform candid interviews with music producers and audio engineers covering mixing, mastering, recording and music production.

...but as I mentioned to another CA member recently - too much too soon for me at this point - I'm still enjoying where my system is currently too much!

Main: 2x2TB Ext HDD/Mac Mini 2.3 GhZ core i5 + Uptone MMK & Teradak LPS/Roon/Ethernet LAN/Uptone Audio EtherRegenr/.5M Supra CAT8/SoTM sMs200-ULTRA NEO + SBooster BOTW P&P Eco MkII/Curious cable .2M/UpTone Audio ISORegen + SBooster Ultra/Curious cable .2M/Mutec MC3+USB/DH Labs Silver sonic D110 AES/Genelec 7370A+ 2 x 85351s running GLM 3.1 with wireless remote.

Office: 4TBHDD/MacBookPro/Audirvana /.25M AQvox USB/UpTone Audio ISORegen with SBooster Ultra/.25M Moon Audio Silver dragon USB/Chord Hugo2/.25M Moon Audio Silver dragon phono/Rogue Audio Sphinx 2/Anti-cables level 3/Elac Uni_Fi UB5's on Isoacoustics Apertas/Genelec 7050c Sub.

• 6 months later...

Unfortunately, there is no dedicated Mac utility at the moment, but it is in the works as we speak and I'm very much hoping that we'll be able to release it soon. I should have a more accurate for you in the next few days. I'm a Mac user myself so I understand the potential disappointment if you don't have any Windows machines around.

Thanks for your patience,

Julian

That is fabulous to hear Julian - i look forward to hearing when the Mac utility will be available.

• 4 months later...

Wonderful news!