IGNORED

Mutec MC-3+

Hi there,

Basically this is described starting on page 18 and onwards in the manual. It depends a little bit on how you're using the MC-3+USB, i.e. whether you're using it as a clock or re-clocker, but generally you select a specific input via the reference menu. Most people here will probably use it as a re-clocker and USB interface, so you'd put the MC-3+USB in "RCLK" (re-clock) mode, select one of the inputs via the reference menu (USB-PCM, USB-DSD/DoP, AES3/11, S/P-DIF) and the until will immediately output the re-clocked source at all the available outputs.

Does that help?

Julian

Hi Julian,

I was wondering if the DSD input is auto-detected. Do I have to manually switch every time I switch file format b/w DSD and PCM files? If so, does the unit mute all output when the wrong format is selected?

Thanks for your help!

• 1 month later...
Hi WXY,

Auto-detection between DSD and PCM files will be added with a scheduled Firmware update in early 2016! I'll get back to you on your second question regarding muting the output once I hear back from the developers.

Best regards,

Julian

Hi Julian, just want to say I have been very happy with the MC3+USB in the past 2 months. Any updates on the above? Thanks again for your help!