IGNORED

Mutec MC-3+

Hi Joel,

I'm beta-testing a lab version of the MC-3+ USB and can now confirm the rate is switched automatically to the rate on either inputs, be it AES/EBU or be it USB.

And - first impression after listening to not yet final hardware:

USB feeding the MC-3+ USB gives simply intriguing sound quality.

They hope to be ready in August.

Cheers,

Ulli

Can Mutec MC3+usb recognize Dop and set clock output to 44.1kHz or its multiples? Thanks.

John

Hi John, the MC-3+USB does in fact recognize the DoP format and will convert from DoP format to PCM at a user-specified sample rate. So you can set the PCM audio rate to 44.1 kHz and its multiples up to 176.4 kHz. The clock outputs can be set to mirror the frame rate of the audio outputs and its multiples as well. Does that answer your question?

Hi,

Do you mean DoP(DSD on PCM) will be converted to PCM by Mutec MC-3+USB? Couldn't it be set to just bypassing the DoP via SPDIF out to DACs like Mytek DSD 192 to decode DSD signal?

It's great to know the clock output can be set as identical as the input signal or its multiples.

John

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi John, I've checked with the developers and MC-3+USB will indeed re-clock and pass through DoP64. So you get the benefit of the MUTEC re-clocking algorithm and connected devices can still decode the DSD audio stream. Higher rates (DoP128 or DoP256) won't be possible simply because the AES3 and S/P-DIF protocols don't support higher sample rates than 192 kHz, which would be requirement for transferring DoP128 and DoP256.

Does that answer your questions?

Julian

Hi Julian,

Thanks. That's exactly what I need. Moreover, will Mutec MC-3+ do the same in that doing the reclock and pass through Dop64?

John

• 2 years later...