IGNORED

The Aurenders S10 & W20

I have seen a only a few postings regarding users of the mentioned machines. The information from Chris was also noted in the past. I would like to give my user experience with both machines having lived for about a year with the S and ~a month with the W. My journey in the music server started with a 2011 Mac mini with upgraded(8gb) RAM and various applications including Pure Music, Amarra(full), and Fidelia. Athough I enjoyed the process of setting up a system I grew tired of continual bugs, upgrade subsequent bugs etc. I began investigating a more turnkey approach & decided on the Widelab offerings. The article on this site by Chris, my interaction with Maier Shadi at the Audio Salon convinced me to make the sizable investment and sell my other gear. I preface my thought s on the system by stating that the DAC used is the BADA alpha. I converted every CD, Blue Ray, DVD-A I had in my home(to FLAC) using some of the software mentioned on the site and I am grateful to those who mentioned their experience with them prior to my buying such material.

The S10 was revelatory to me especially regards to ease of use, minimal hastle factor and simply amazing back up and support by Eric Shim at Widealab and Maier with his great relationship with those at Widealab. The 10 using the USB(solo & with alpha USB) as well as XLR output was amazing in its ability to produce the spatial cues and presentation I craved and enjoyed in my analog side of things. The 20 has leaped frogged in the same vein but to a much greater degree in my mind probably due to the amazing low noise/distortion helped (I am told) by the use of the battery pack running the system once started. The 10 it apears to has allowed the production team to focus on specifics such as better USB isolation, the battery, larger storage etc. I have enjoyed the use of the iPad application and it has matured also over the past year due to user input I am sure. I am not an audio reviewer and have no financial interest in the companies mentioned but just wanted to briefly give my thumbs up to this system and allow others(particularly users) to add comment also. Perhaps additions, issues could all be included in this thread in the hopes of improving the experience for users and possibly future users of the products.

thanks

Francisco

• 4 months later...
Hi fjmcsu,

I realy enjoy W20 , the usb audio and the battery pack are significant improvements.

Cheers

Mariusz

Mariusz

I am happy to see you have enjoyed the W20. In the last 6 months or so it has been a joy to use. I am at the same stage you are currently regarding a new DAC (the process is always evolving isnt it? but then again that's part of the enjoyment for me). THe DCS Vivaldi seems to be a formitable piece & I bet you would get much enjoyment when paired with the W; I have seen many shows where the two are matched but I have not personally heard a system with the Vivaldi.

Francisco

thanks

Francisco

• 4 months later...

Regarding DACs & Auenders: I have used the old tried & true Alpha DAC from Berkeley Audio Design version 1 & it has worked very well that past year or so. The Reference DAC is due any day now & I will post my user experience with it when time premits!

thanks

Francisco