IGNORED

The Aurenders S10 & W20

I'm not getting through, let's drop it all.

Well, if it's any consolation, you're post has certainly resonated with me. This is my first post and I regret it's going to be a whinge about Aurender. I had the misfortune to recently buy the new Chord Qute Ex DAC reasoning that there should be no problem with using it with the W20......WRONG!! I've been in touch with Aurender on numerous occasions and the communications from them have gone from "we've only just started supporting the Qute EX via "if this doesn't work, there's nothing else we can do because we don't know what Chord did". Finally, after I contacted Chord who were more than happy to collaborate with Aurender I've now had a message from Aurender to say that they'll be able to sort out the problem with the USB connection but that it will take some time. Apparently I'll be the first user to benefit from using The Chord with the W20 using USB. How difficult can it be to write a new Linux driver after Chord have been in touch with them? It's been well over a week since I was in touch with them.

Maybe Sony's new Hires DACs do not have a digital USB audio out for this reason. Just too hard?

Thanks. What really irked me was that Aurender were quite ready & willing to hang me out to dry until I contacted Chord. Even now I'm not hopeful of a quick resolution. I thought I'd better post here just in case any other Aurender owners were thinking of buying the new Chord DAC. Incidentally, Chord have told me that it should be reasonably simple to convert the current driver to work with the Qute EX............I first brought this problem to Aurender on 25th January. As you say, I'm able to play files up to 96/24 using, in my case, an optical cable but that's what I was able to do before I bought the new DAC..................so frustrating.

• 1 month later...
Now April 1, did you receive any joy from Aurender?

Thanks for asking. Your enquiry is very timely because Aurender upgraded my W20 yesterday and it's now capable of playing at higher resolutions via USB. It sounds superb.

Sadly the communication from Aurender has not been good. Chord were prepared to work with them and told me that they were a little disappointed that Aurender couldn't send them some code first (before sending Aurender a DAC) since they felt sure that it would be an easy fix. However, Aurender wouldn't play ball until the DAC was in their possession. I know Aurender were working on the DAC on 6th March because Chord told me.

Aurender had mentioned that they estimated it would take a week to upgrade so I sent them several reminder emails which were simply ignored. I had given up on them but they came good in the end.

Would I buy an Aurender again? Yes, it's a lovely bit of kit. However, I'd be prepared to have my patience tested in the event of ever having to deal with their service department.