IGNORED

iTunes Shuffle (cooler than I thought)

Hey guys - i needed a little background music this afternoon so I decided to try iTunes in shuffle mode. I know it seems weird that "The Computer Audiophile" has really never used a cool feature of iTunes, but anyway. I'm so pleasantly surprised by the songs shuffle mode plays. There is nothing like hearing a little Boston, David Lee Roth, Paul Anka, and Sonny Rollins in that order. Usually I select my music based on the mood I am in and shuffle mode is not conducive to that type of listening.

I guess I am saying this was a great way to kick off a Sunday!

What are your experiences with shuffle mode? Any crazy juxtapositions?

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

I love shuffle mode, especially since I have very diverse tastes, as you seem to Chris.

One of my favorite recent sequences was Blue Moon of Kentucky (Bill Monroe) followed by Warm Leatherette (Grace Jones). And they both hit the spot.

I haven't used it much but I believe you can set it's preferences to things you have listened to a lot or listened to very little. I like to set it within a playlist and let it do its thing with a genre. I'm schizo enough without jumping from Bill Evans to Alice in Chains. Tends to bring one out of a gentle doze in the recliner rather abruptly.

Audio Research DAC8, Mac mini w/8g ram, SSD, Amarra full version, Audio Research REF 5SE Preamp, Sutherland Phd, Ayre V-5, Vandersteen 5A\'s, Audioquest Wild and Redwood cabling, VPI Classic 3 w/Dynavector XX2MkII

I don't know if you are into Heart but the girls reformed the band and have a live CD and DVD called Live in Seattle. I believe it is the bassist from Alice in Chains. The DVD is killer but is one of those things that just has to be played LOUD! Definitely not wife friendly but great fun. Mistral Wind demands to be played at concert levels. You horn guys should really like this; the dynamics are great. It was produced for HDNet so I would guess there is an HD version available or on its way.

For the record I listen to lots of jazz and classical but sometimes you need to "blow out the cobwebs" as my dad used to say.

Audio Research DAC8, Mac mini w/8g ram, SSD, Amarra full version, Audio Research REF 5SE Preamp, Sutherland Phd, Ayre V-5, Vandersteen 5A\'s, Audioquest Wild and Redwood cabling, VPI Classic 3 w/Dynavector XX2MkII