IGNORED

exaSound e18 - e20 - e28 - Info and Experiences Post All Here

hifial - I've only noticed, that in some parts of the World exaSound is almost completely unknown, but on Computer Audiophile are 3 topics. Thats all.

Given that Exasound seems to be a strong supporter of the site as their big banner has been most visible on top of the page for months, I think that it is fair that they get their products discussed in several threads, even if in my part of the world (Western Europe) they are almost totally unknown.

They need European distributors. I'm very interested in their products but we have to pay a lot (+30%) for taxes and we don't have, here in Europe, technical assistance.

This is the reason why I did not go for the E20 but chose the Benchmark DAC2 instead. In particular, I did not want to put myself in a situation where, if I needed repair or a replacement, I might have to pay Canadian duty on my shipment back to Canada and EU duty on the shipment of the repaired/replaced unit to Europe. As Benchmark is distributed in Western Europe, I could order my DAC2 from my usual dealer -- which also meant that I got three hours of his time fine-tuning my system (especially my active room-correcting subwoofer), a valuable addition.

Honestly in my lengthly audiophile live I had very few issues, but I do take care to protect my gear with industrial surge arrestors, as everyone ought to do anywhere in the world.

Roch

Hi Roch,

Thanks for your very interesting post. It seems that we made different decisions based on contrasting experiences. My audiophile life is relatively short (3 years - before that I was just a mid-to-hifi user), and in this short life my subwoofer failed once (with its amp section having to be sent to the manufacturer for repair) and I had an amp that failed three times (static on left channel, then static on the right channel, then static on the right channel again). It went to the manufacturer twice. The last time it failed, my dealer convinced me to upgrade -- and I am very pleased with the move. After these experiences, I am quite reluctant to buy an item if it does not come with sound support.

Which sort of industrial surge protector are you using? I am interested in buying one based on your recommendation in your post.

Cheers,

Boris.