IGNORED

ANOTHER Example of Why I HATE DSD and Why Customers Who Bought Sony's Boloney Are So Annoying

Look it really depends into what market Chuckie is pitching his product.

There are big gaps to be exploited here. Holes to fill as everyone contributing to this thread has raised..

That's why this is the Vote no.1 Best thread on CA right now!

Gap no. one.

The cheaper "Oppo" style, stream all files including multichannel and multi channel DSD via UPnP player. Now this player can be cheap. Because as Miska points out potential buyers would just plug it into a multichannel HT amp anyway. So no problem. What this particular CA user wants is something that will just stream and play the darn files.. they don't care about "pure volume control". If they are like me, they will by a better DAC for that anyway for their expensive gear..

Gap no. two.

The High end Linn multichannel style DSM product. Linn needs to just pull the finger out of their )*&*&)*#@ and release one of these.and just accept that their customers might want to stream DSD! Heck this sort of customer will pay 10K for such a device so give 'em what they want for peats sake LOL!

Gap three.

A well thought out "all in one" CAPS type of product. Something with Miska software embedded. This is for the "I still want my library on a computer crowd" who still want to connect via USB.. (god luv 'em) haha

Gap four

I think this is where our friend Chuckie wants to go.. A really high quality DAC/pre with digital volume control. Well as far as I know this gap is being nicely filled right now by Resonessence Lab's. Sure it is real difficult to do, and may not be achievable, but if you explain what you are doing like RL have done, customers will forgive you.. In fact they'll luv ya for trying. It's part of the experience going along for the ride LOL!

Of course some customers (yours truly) will buy multiple products in an attempt to fill these gaps so all good! :)

All of which I would not be buying, not the slightest bit interested, but good of you to identify niche products in niche markets.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

• 6 years later...