IGNORED

Recommendation for HD upgrade for New Mac Mini

Hi Audiophiles,

I am going to upgrade my HD in my new Mac Mini. Actually I wanted to add the new and also keep the old drive - the stock 120GB to hold the OS + other software, the new one as a Music drive.I am looking at a 1TB HD. Does any one have any recommendations?

Best

Qnap NAS (LPS) >UA ETHER REGEN (BG7TBL Master Clock) > Grimm MU1 > Mola Mola Tambaqui /Meridian 808.3> Wavac EC300B >Tannoy Canterbury SE

HP Rig ++ >Woo WES/ > Stax SR-009, Audeze LCD2

BEEM,

Amazing but it seems that two can fit inside the mini. So I read in some website.

DavidR

If I have no suitable internal recourse, I will go external, presently I have 1TB external WD drive connected to my Express as a backup drive.

best

Qnap NAS (LPS) >UA ETHER REGEN (BG7TBL Master Clock) > Grimm MU1 > Mola Mola Tambaqui /Meridian 808.3> Wavac EC300B >Tannoy Canterbury SE

HP Rig ++ >Woo WES/ > Stax SR-009, Audeze LCD2

Two drives means twice the noise, twice the power consumption and twice the heat, which makes the fan blow harder which creates even more noise and uses even more power. I'd just replace the 120 with a larger one and turn the 120 into an external drive for backups or file transfers.

Ah, nuts! sys64738

This thread is a few days old but amazigly you CAN put two 2.5" drives inside the new MacMinis (sorry can't past link but do Internet search) however you will loose the internal optical drive so for a music server that you want to rip CDs to it's rather pointless.

Best to add external storage via USB or even better via a NAS as that will remove the noisy drives from listening area.

Eloise

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.