The T+A DAC 8 is one of the finest DACs ever built at any price. The meticulous build is only exceeded by its superior performance.This T+A DAC 8 is just one year and ten days old. It is in near perfect, mint condition. I take great care in handling all of my audio equipment. This has been one of the most satisfying purchases I have ever made. If you need to take you computer based audio system to the next level this is it.

It was purchased new for $3,250. I am asking $2,250 plus shipping.

back-800px.jpg

Payment is via Paypal. Shipping is UPS Ground to the US.

Following are some of the key elements of the wonderful T+A DAC 8:

The case is all-aluminum construction with the base plate and top cover machined from solid aluminum plates. The side and front panels are extruded aluminum and it rests on vibration damped absorber feet

There are two separate heavy duty power supplies for the analog and digital sections

It includes a highly sophisticated designed volume control using analog control elements down to low levels allowing use with active speakers or to use the DAC 8 as a pre-amplifier

The volume control may be by-passed removing it entirely from the signal path via a slide-switch

A high quality head phone output is included

Both balanced (XLR) and unbalanced (RCA) analog outputs are included

Features 8 digital inputs including 4 x SPDIF, 1 x Optical, 1 x BNC, 1 x AES/EBU and 1 x USB

All inputs support data rates of 32 kHz to 192 kHz at 16 to 24 bits

The USB input can be operated as Class 1 up to 24/96 or Class 2 up to 24/192 and can be selected as either synchronous or asynchronous transmission

Utilizes a sophisticated two stage clock generation to virtually eliminate jitter which is completely decoupled from the source device

Features two separate extremely accurate quartz oscillators one for 44.1/88.2/176.4 kHz and the other for 48/96/192 kHz

Eight 32 bit Burr Brown converters in a double symmetrical circuit

Oversampling via modern 56 bit signal processor with four filtering options

Absolute phase inversion adjustment at the digital level

Galvanic isolation of analog and digital sections

State of the Art fully discrete analog stages that do not employ OP-Amps

Switchable analog bandwith (60 kHz and 120 kHz

Specifications

D/A converter - 32-Bit, 384 kHz Sigma Delta, 8-times oversampling, double-mono-quadruple

Analogue filter - 3rd order phase linear Besselfilter, switchable 60 kHz or 120 kHz

Frequency response

2 Hz - 20 / 22 kHz (44.1 / 48.0 kSps)

2 Hz - 40 kHz (88.2 / 96.0 kSps)

2 Hz - 80 kHz (176.4 / 192.0 kSps)

Total harmonic distortion < 0,001 %

Signal noise (A) - 116 dB

Channel separation - 110 dB

Mains connection

Wide-band mains section, 100 - 240 V, 50 - 60 Hz

Dimensions (H x B x T)

9,5 x 27 x 27 cm

Weight

4 kg

D-A-Wandler-T-A-DAC-8-f630x378-ffffff-C-434cbbbc-54382913.jpg

"A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open."
Frank Zappa

May I ask why you are selling this DAC? Thank you.

Justin.

The T+A DAC 8 is one of the finest DACs ever built at any price. The meticulous build is only exceeded by its superior performance.This T+A DAC 8 is just one year and ten days old. It is in near perfect, mint condition. I take great care in handling all of my audio equipment. This has been one of the most satisfying purchases I have ever made. If you need to take you computer based audio system to the next level this is it.

It was purchased new for $3,250. I am asking $2,250 plus shipping.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6712[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]6713[/ATTACH]

Payment is via Paypal. Shipping is UPS Ground to the US.

Following are some of the key elements of the wonderful T+A DAC 8:

The case is all-aluminum construction with the base plate and top cover machined from solid aluminum plates. The side and front panels are extruded aluminum and it rests on vibration damped absorber feet

There are two separate heavy duty power supplies for the analog and digital sections

It includes a highly sophisticated designed volume control using analog control elements down to low levels allowing use with active speakers or to use the DAC 8 as a pre-amplifier

The volume control may be by-passed removing it entirely from the signal path via a slide-switch

A high quality head phone output is included

Both balanced (XLR) and unbalanced (RCA) analog outputs are included

Features 8 digital inputs including 4 x SPDIF, 1 x Optical, 1 x BNC, 1 x AES/EBU and 1 x USB

All inputs support data rates of 32 kHz to 192 kHz at 16 to 24 bits

The USB input can be operated as Class 1 up to 24/96 or Class 2 up to 24/192 and can be selected as either synchronous or asynchronous transmission

Utilizes a sophisticated two stage clock generation to virtually eliminate jitter which is completely decoupled from the source device

Features two separate extremely accurate quartz oscillators one for 44.1/88.2/176.4 kHz and the other for 48/96/192 kHz

Eight 32 bit Burr Brown converters in a double symmetrical circuit

Oversampling via modern 56 bit signal processor with four filtering options

Absolute phase inversion adjustment at the digital level

Galvanic isolation of analog and digital sections

State of the Art fully discrete analog stages that do not employ OP-Amps

Switchable analog bandwith (60 kHz and 120 kHz

Specifications

D/A converter - 32-Bit, 384 kHz Sigma Delta, 8-times oversampling, double-mono-quadruple

Analogue filter - 3rd order phase linear Besselfilter, switchable 60 kHz or 120 kHz

Frequency response

2 Hz - 20 / 22 kHz (44.1 / 48.0 kSps)

2 Hz - 40 kHz (88.2 / 96.0 kSps)

2 Hz - 80 kHz (176.4 / 192.0 kSps)

Total harmonic distortion < 0,001 %

Signal noise (A) - 116 dB

Channel separation - 110 dB

Mains connection

Wide-band mains section, 100 - 240 V, 50 - 60 Hz

Dimensions (H x B x T)

9,5 x 27 x 27 cm

Weight

4 kg

Understand, what do you plan to upgrade to? I should have waited for your sale :), I just bought this same DAC in June. I was so impressed with its performance after the T.H.E in Newport at Dynaudio show room

Every now and then a man just has to upgrade and change! :)
  • 6 months later...
Every now and then a man just has to upgrade and change! :)

Hi is the DAC still up for sale?

Thanks!

Stereo

Rega RP6/Goldring Elite MC > Clearaudio Basic +

Synology NAS 213 > AURALIC Vega DAC

Pathos Classic ONE mkIII > Inakustik LS 1108 > Dynaudio Excite X12

AV

Samsung UE60KS7000 > Panasonic UB900 > Yamaha RX V775 > Dynaudio excite X22 > MA BFX > BK XLS 200 MkIII