IGNORED

Article: Geek Speak: How To Build A BeagleBone Black MPD Music Server

This is exactly what I was looking for. I ordered a BeagleBone Black not really knowing what I was going to do with it but had something like this in mind, and along comes this. Lots to learn. Hopefully my Halide Bridge will work in this setup. Anxiously waiting for all the parts to come through in the mail.

Need some help please. I don't have a NAS so I have enabled SMB on my Mac. I have another Mac and I have been able to connect to my Mac with SMB enabled using the NetBIOS name in the WINS tab in the settings. This doesn't work for mounting on the BBB. I do have an IP address that I get in the File Sharing tab. Is there a way to get the proper address I should be using for my iTunes directory, which is stored on an external drive. Been stuck here for a while. Feel so close, but I keep getting these mount errors. Thanks.

My guess is it's a mounting issue and I seem to find an infinite number of answers when searching. It's possible it has to do with the syntax of how I'm referring to the SMB share on my Mac. I see that there are others on this thread that were looking to do the same thing with their Macs instead of using a NAS. If any of you have had success, any recommendations on what you were able to do to get it to work?

Wow, I would have never have been able to figure that out. Took a few tries, but I was eventually able to mount my drive. Couldn't be anymore pleasantly surprised by this whole project. My Halide works fine as well. Only place where I'm stuck a bit is I can't get MPD to control the volume. I see it at the minimum level on my iPad and can't work the slider, so output is set at the maximum. Normally this wouldn't be a problem, except I run a passive preamp with no remote volume.

Thanks Chris for all your help.

Just have to ask. Library updates fine, and MPAD is connected. The only thing I'm having problems with now is the player is stuck on pause. If I hit play it just goes back to pause immediately. USB DAC is listed as an output. Not sure what has changed. Lots to still learn I see.

Did you get this to work? You ay have to restart the BBB if your DAC was unplugged and replugged in because the BBB won't send power to the DAC unless the DAC is there at boot.

Unfortunately not, but what you mention makes sense. I ran the shutdown command to turn the BBB off, connected the Halide Bridge, but no luck. I think I may have to reboot it once it's connected to make sure it is getting power. My DAC is not locking on to the Bridge, I'm guessing now because the Bridge isn't getting power.