IGNORED

Call for testers! Daphile

English is not my first languase so sorry in advance if my writing is not clear.

My question is not general ( bridged wifi, ethernet bridge) but is specifically related to Daphile system and to my audio setting.

I have no ethernet cabled network nor i have the chance to bring an ethernet cable from router to music room.

I tried powerline 500Mps but it didn't work well ( lot of interruptions).

So i have just a wifi LAN.

I like and use Daphile, i like and use Qobuz streaming, i like upsampling pcm to Dsd 128 because IMHO sound quality is better tha original ( I tried 128 Dsd upsample with Daphile one pc configuration ). I prefer a Daphile 2 Pcs ( server-client) configuration because IMHO sound quality is better than Daphile on one machine ( evaluation of course based only on PCM listening). My 2 PCs Daphile system is wifi linked and it streams pcm ( to 384khz) flawlessy but no Dsd 128 is allowed because many sound interruptions ( probably related to insufficiency of my old modem-router-wifi set).

I tried Daphile 2 PCs direct ( via crossover ethernet cable ) link by setting fixed IP, router and DNS server address and by disabling wifi on both machines. It works ! Squeezepad works based on Daphile wifi spot( automatically generated) , client finds server, 128 dsd upsample is okay, sound quality is very very good. But, no Qobuz streaming is possible because there is no internet access. Then i enable wifi on server machine and the system goes crazy ( client and audio device are not achievable ); then i enable wifi on client ( with server wifi turned off ) and server was not achievable.

So question is : in Daphile settings ( not in general ) it is possible to directly ( ethernet ) link server and client PCs while mantaining a wifi access?

Thanks

Marco

Rather than a switch why not get a wireless repeater with a built in switch. The daphile client and server connect to the router Ethernet ports and the router wirelessly links to the internet via your remote wireless internet router.

Rather than a switch why not get a wireless repeater with a built in switch. The daphile client and server connect to the router Ethernet ports and the router wirelessly links to the internet via your remote wireless internet router.

That's a good suggestion to!

That's a good suggestion to!

This is how I am doing it. I have a Wireless router set for repeater mode and my PC's in my office connected to them, including my Daphile PC, wired. The repeater is connected wirelessly using 5 GHz band to the house wireless router (2 stories above - my office is in the basement) and wireless connection (Computers, pads, etc) use 2.4 GHz. THis 2 band system allows for better transfers of data.

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects

THis is the PC (Xi3 Pro 3) I am using. It is not much bigger than the iFi Nano DAC I am using or the USB External drive that contains my music. Back left is my other PC, an Aopen MP45-D that I initially used.

DSC03387.jpg

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Very nice!

Thanks, It sounds surprising and the iFi is a better DAC than it should be. It is like the little engine that could. With this system, I can even play DSF files with no issues. The Xi3 computer, think like a Rasberry Pi on Steroids - it is just one board in the box. I will take pictures later.

I will eventually get the iFi Nano-iUSB3.0 with the proper cables.

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

After your suggestions i found an old modem router with 4 ethernet ports; it can't work as wifi repeater ( at least i'm no able to ...), so i connected a powerlink to port 1, Daphile server pc to port 2 and Daphile client pc to port 3. It works without any setting modification ! and info submenu in Daphile pages displays that both PCs are ethernet connected. It is possible to stream Qobuz from home modem-router via powerlink and dsd 128 upsample works well without any interruption (i suppose all traffic between the two PCs remaining local ) Thanks for all the infos again. Sound quality is very good and in a short time i want to compare this setting with one machine Daphile set.

Marco

Thanks, It sounds surprising and the iFi is a better DAC than it should be. It is like the little engine that could. I will eventually get the iFi Nano-iUSB3.0 with the proper cables.

Tell me about it ;)

20170303_151934_zpsohegu02p.jpg

iFi Has an amazing line up! I love how portable and versatile their products are.

Hi everybody, may I know where can I find the option of convert PCM to DSD?

All I have is Convert DSD to PCM, DSD-over-PCM encoding (DoP), and Native, but I can't even select Native. Please help me here. [emoji22]

Is your problem solved? I have a same problem too. My dac is LKS Es9018 which has amanero 384 usb chipset. But i cannot select native, its innactive. I always select DoP.

ASR Emitter I Plus - Opera Quinta - Lks ES9018 II - Pioneer SC-LX76 - Pioneer BDP-150 - Akai AP-001C Turntable - Focal Sib - Rel Q150EMK2 - Curious Usb - Atlas Hyper - DhLabs Power Plus - NewClassD opamps - Jriver-->Audirvana-->Daphile....

And i cant find any information for this problem

ASR Emitter I Plus - Opera Quinta - Lks ES9018 II - Pioneer SC-LX76 - Pioneer BDP-150 - Akai AP-001C Turntable - Focal Sib - Rel Q150EMK2 - Curious Usb - Atlas Hyper - DhLabs Power Plus - NewClassD opamps - Jriver-->Audirvana-->Daphile....

Hi everybody, may I know where can I find the option of convert PCM to DSD?

All I have is Convert DSD to PCM, DSD-over-PCM encoding (DoP), and Native, but I can't even select Native. Please help me here. [emoji22]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is your problem solved? I have a same problem too. My dac is LKS Es9018 which has amanero 384 usbchipset. But i cannot select native, its innactive. I always select DoP.

THis is the PC (Xi3 Pro 3) I am using. It is not much bigger than the iFi Nano DAC I am using or the USB External drive that contains my music. Back left is my other PC, an Aopen MP45-D that I initially used.

Can you upsample real time to dsd256 native with no stuttering and minimal attenuation?

Hi everyone,

Do you know where to find older version of Daphile installation image? I've been trying to install Daphile to my legacy computer but the screen kept going blank after some "LINUX... loading..." line, I used Unetbootin, Rufus, USBWriter but there was no different so I think the fault could be in the newer version file. (Last year I used older version of Daphile and it worked perfectly).

Thank you.

Is your problem solved? I have a same problem too. My dac is LKS Es9018 which has amanero 384 usbchipset. But i cannot select native, its innactive. I always select DoP.

here they talk about the amanero-board:

https://github.com/lintweaker/xmos-native-dsd/issues/12

there still Problems,but up to dsd256 native should working after Firmware update:

https://amanero.com/combo384_firmware.htm

good luck

shpongle

Gigabyte-GA-Z97 Sniper with separate usb-dac out,5v usb-power disabeld in Bios. i3 4130T(35 W)@800mhz,16gb ram@800mhz @1.25v. Cpu+Ram powered by Pico-160w+Voltcraft Lab.PSU.

Cpu-Fan+Music Hdd with 2 separate  LPsu. JLsounds Dac-Kit: USB-I2S XMOS-board+ AK4490 DAC+DVR603 FB+2 JLS LPSU. Player: wtfplay and Daphile

Tubeamp: Lua 4040 C . LS: Chario Academy II. Conections/Filters: Reson DNM / Fisch Audio.

Hi everyone,

Do you know where to find older version of Daphile installation image? I've been trying to install Daphile to my legacy computer but the screen kept going blank after some "LINUX... loading..." line, I used Unetbootin, Rufus, USBWriter but there was no different so I think the fault could be in the newer version file. (Last year I used older version of Daphile and it worked perfectly).Thank you.

Why did you use unetbootin? Using Rufus to load a bootable USB stick loaded with the daphile iso file is all you require.

Why did you use unetbootin? Using Rufus to load a bootable USB stick loaded with the daphile iso file is all you require.

I did use Rufus as well but the screen kept going black after displaying something like Unix command lines. Already tried all 3 versions of the new *.iso files but still no help at all :(

What type drive are you installing "from" and what type drive are you installing "to"?

I am installing from an USB drive to my PC. My intention is to be able to boot up from said USB and do an install to that same drive using control from my tablet which is connected to the same network. I have done it all before without any problem but now I cannot get pass the boot screen, no 'Daphile' logo was displayed.

"to my PC" What does that mean? Your HDD? A fresh drive? A dual-boot drive? Another USB stick/drive on the PC?

I believe in the past there were some issues with installing to a drive that was not completely wiped before installing.

I'll look back through the thread to see if I can find what my mind tells me was there. :)

"to my PC" What does that mean? Your HDD? A fresh drive? A dual-boot drive? Another USB stick/drive on the PC?

I believe in the past there were some issues with installing to a drive that was not completely wiped before installing.

I'll look back through the thread to see if I can find what my mind tells me was there. :)

As I said earlier my intention is to install daphile on the same USB drive after I am able to boot from it. The problem is I cannot get to the point when my screen displays the Daphile logo to set up network parameters and so on...it just went blank and nothing happened.

And yes I did format my drive thoroughly.

Please let me know if you can find a solution. Thank you:)

Then IF there are other drives in the "PC", be sure to set up the boot sequence in the BIOS so that the only drive enabled is the USB stick.

BIOS issues on some PCs can make it difficult to get the Linux install running.

Then use Rufus to completely reinstall the latest Daphile onto the stick.

I do know that a failed install try from USB "has" made the stick unusable for a second try for me at least.

This was quite a while ago.

The process has to run to completion or the stick may need to be reset completely.

Yes I've done all that...no other USB drive enabled, setting up BIOS boot sequence. The thing is I did a successful installation quite some time ago, maybe last year but now I just can't. It made me think maybe the fault lies in the current iso file, that's why I asked for an older version of it just to make sure.