IGNORED

Call for testers! Daphile

From previous posts, you will be aware that playing DSD256 files on my Lampi Komputer/GG set up causes stuttering if I have PCM>DSD set to DSD128.

Unfortunately I have decided that PCM>DSD128 does indeed sound better than PCM>DSD64, so I am reduced to the inconvenience of switching settings to PCM>DSD64 when I want to play a native DSD256 file!!! I wouldn't mind so much if I could think of a plausible reason for this anomaly.

Bear in mind my situation if you have any further possible thoughts!

• 4 weeks later...

Suddenly my Tidal plugin to Daphile is having an issue with a few streams.

I can listen to the particular stream on my Windows PC via the Tidal app but when I locate that stream on the Daphile list it simply goes to track one then rapidly skips through the rest, playing nothing. Within 2 seconds it's at the last track and stops.

Has anyone seen a similar failure? This acts like what happened before when the artist was found in Tidal via Daphile but the actual music was not found.

The setup has worked great for over a year and I hope this is something I have messed up. :)

• 1 month later...

Hi, new here and perhaps about to ask a nooby question. I just changed my internet service provider and the Daphile installation I use isn't on the network anymore. Obviously, its IP is no longer valid, but I can't seem to find anywhere to change the settings now that I am unable use the web interface. I seem to be locked out.

Is the only solution going to be a fresh install? That feels a bit extreme.

@Gramlin

Your daphile access is local to your 'private' intranet network. Your ISP should have no impact on your ability to access your local daphile player. Have you made any changes to the system and browser used to access the daphile system?

The new router might use a different internal network address. If the Daphile system is configured with a static IP address, it will indeed be inaccessible. The simplest fix in that case is probably to reconfigure the router to use the old internal address.

The new network is 192.168.1.1, it was previously 192.168.0.1. I am not sure whether Daphile was set with a static IP, but I've been through all the possible addresses. Scanning the network shows only the router and the laptop I'm working on, not the Daphile music server. I'll see if I can work out how to do what you suggest with the router, @mansr.

The new network is 192.168.1.1, it was previously 192.168.0.1. I am not sure whether Daphile was set with a static IP, but I've been through all the possible addresses. Scanning the network shows only the router and the laptop I'm working on, not the Daphile music server. I'll see if I can work out how to do what you suggest with the router, @mansr.

set you computer to a static ip address of 192.168.0.250 (or some number different than the daphile machine). then connect the two machines via an ethernet cable (not using a router or switch). then go into the browser and enter the ip address of the daphile machine. you'll be able to connect and change the ip address.

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100

Hello,

I haven't found any answers in this thread, so I'll ask directly.

I'm very happy with everything about Daphile so far, being a non-Linux person without knowledge about it in general.

Install ran smoothly and I've just been running it over USB without any hickups or glitches. It just works!

Here' my problem.

After I registered with mysqueezebox, "My Apps" disappeared from the Daphile 'Audio Player' tab and is nowhere to be found. I've rebooted a number of times, but it just won't show up. I've added a screenshot below.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

myapps.jpg

Thanks, I did - Tidal is the only app I've registered after which the "My App" function in Daphile disappeared.

Have you used the "Save and Restart" function on the "Settings" page when rebooting?

Most changes I make require that to be done. Not sure just a reboot does the same thing.

Also, have you enabled the Tidal plugin on the "Advanced Media Server Settings" "Plugins" tab?

If you have it will show checked in the Active plugins portion of the table. If not it "should" show in the Inactive plugins portion.

You get to this tab from the "Settings" page also.

Have you used the "Save and Restart" function on the "Settings" page when rebooting?

Most changes I make require that to be done. Not sure just a reboot does the same thing.

Also, have you enabled the Tidal plugin on the "Advanced Media Server Settings" "Plugins" tab?

If you have it will show checked in the Active plugins portion of the table. If not it "should" show in the Inactive plugins portion.

You get to this tab from the "Settings" page also.

Ah, that did the trick (save and restart function)! Thank you @Core32 !

Hi, I am using client and server setup which server is i5-3370U laptop and client is Intel NUC unit. When I am playing Covert PCM to DSD for dsd128, it is stuttering, but it is ok with dsd64. I guess could it be the upsampling is done at client NUC instead at the server laptop? Is there a way to let the more powerful laptop perform heavy lifting and upsampling? I say this because at client NUC I can choose correct usb audio device to set Convert PCM to DSD settings. But at the server laptop, there is only internal audio device available at the Settings and I can't choose Convert PCM to DSD.

It is confirmed that the developer says Daphile server is the one running upsampling to DSD. So it is none issue please ignore my previous post.

I have solved the stuttering issue for dsd128. The crucial thing is to set CPU frequency for server to max value which 1.71 Ghz for my i5 laptop, and attenuation at client has to be -6db or -5db.

But my laptop server can't cope with dsd256, it will stutter. Overall, I am supper happy with the outcome. If any genius can run dsd256 smoothly, please share. :-)

One minus thing is I think Daphile is built for mouse click control. If using Android tablet for control, it is very easy to miss click anything when you just want to scroll.

My music library is the 2TB external usb drive connected at server laptop. I not sure what to key in at the Source Directory field under storage. Currently the field is empty but if I key in /srv/mediaserver/music/USB Drives/minipro and restart, the server will complain no albums existed. Is it better to key it correct path for external drive?

Secondly, some of the library import is wrong and says there is no album and no artist, but I can look for the correct folder inside File Manager. How to rectify the error? Is there a way to manually amend the tagging?

Ok. I am using Mp3tag and able to re-tag those albums with "unkown albulm artist / unkown album" issue. However, although album artists and albums show correctly but I can't add the album nor the individual songs into the playlist. If I click play button on individual song, it plays but it doesn't display in the playlist and no delete playlist button available. How to solve the problem?

I found out the workaround for the can't-add-to-playlist issue, is to recreate the folder for artist and also its sub folder for album title which my folder structure is arranged like album_artist/album_title. Then I cut and move all the music files from original folder to the new created folder, after that I deleted the original folder. I done all this in File Manager of Daphile.After this then I am able to add the album into the playlist. I think may be it has to do with the folder access right permission settings. Does anyone know the solution?

Hi everybody, may I know where can I find the option of convert PCM to DSD?

All I have is Convert DSD to PCM, DSD-over-PCM encoding (DoP), and Native, but I can't even select Native. Please help me here. [emoji22]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there any possibility that I've installed it wrongly? Wrote the image using Rufus to thumb-drive, boot my laptop and Daphile is working. From the installation guidelines, I need to go to the setting on Daphile and install it again from system software but never managed to pick any storage, it's being greyed out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk