IGNORED

Call for testers! Daphile

I use all in one modem router wireless so i'll follow your suggestion. Thanks.

"academic" problem remains : it is possible to directly (ethernet) connect a two PCs Daphile System mainteining in the meantime wifi access?

Marco

What are you trying to archive?

Are you trying to maintain two active Network connections, One via WiFi and one vie Ethernet?

You can have both system hardwired and have wifi access at the same time, I just don't see the point of this. You will have to give priority to which ever you would like the OS to route first.

I hope I understand your question correctly... Maybe you are talking about a wifi bridge?

So question is : in Daphile settings ( not in general ) it is possible to directly ( ethernet ) link server and client PCs while mantaining a wifi access?

Thanks

Marco

Yes.

You have to have some Linux knowledge to do this.

Go buy a cheap switch and make your life easier. Once you have a switch in between both machines all you have to do is route all none internal rout-able addresses "0.0.0.0" through your WiFi. The rest can stay local in between your two systems with static mappings under the same subnet..

Rather than a switch why not get a wireless repeater with a built in switch. The daphile client and server connect to the router Ethernet ports and the router wirelessly links to the internet via your remote wireless internet router.

That's a good suggestion to!

Thanks, It sounds surprising and the iFi is a better DAC than it should be. It is like the little engine that could. I will eventually get the iFi Nano-iUSB3.0 with the proper cables.

Tell me about it ;)

20170303_151934_zpsohegu02p.jpg

iFi Has an amazing line up! I love how portable and versatile their products are.