IGNORED

Call for testers! Daphile

Hi everyone,

Do you know where to find older version of Daphile installation image? I've been trying to install Daphile to my legacy computer but the screen kept going blank after some "LINUX... loading..." line, I used Unetbootin, Rufus, USBWriter but there was no different so I think the fault could be in the newer version file. (Last year I used older version of Daphile and it worked perfectly).

Thank you.

Why did you use unetbootin? Using Rufus to load a bootable USB stick loaded with the daphile iso file is all you require.

I did use Rufus as well but the screen kept going black after displaying something like Unix command lines. Already tried all 3 versions of the new *.iso files but still no help at all :(

What type drive are you installing "from" and what type drive are you installing "to"?

I am installing from an USB drive to my PC. My intention is to be able to boot up from said USB and do an install to that same drive using control from my tablet which is connected to the same network. I have done it all before without any problem but now I cannot get pass the boot screen, no 'Daphile' logo was displayed.

"to my PC" What does that mean? Your HDD? A fresh drive? A dual-boot drive? Another USB stick/drive on the PC?

I believe in the past there were some issues with installing to a drive that was not completely wiped before installing.

I'll look back through the thread to see if I can find what my mind tells me was there. :)

As I said earlier my intention is to install daphile on the same USB drive after I am able to boot from it. The problem is I cannot get to the point when my screen displays the Daphile logo to set up network parameters and so on...it just went blank and nothing happened.

And yes I did format my drive thoroughly.

Please let me know if you can find a solution. Thank you:)

Yes I've done all that...no other USB drive enabled, setting up BIOS boot sequence. The thing is I did a successful installation quite some time ago, maybe last year but now I just can't. It made me think maybe the fault lies in the current iso file, that's why I asked for an older version of it just to make sure.