IGNORED

Call for testers! Daphile

Hi all

I have just discovered the "Play From RAM" option in the bottom right hand of the main page. I think it improves the SQ significantly, but this could be expectation bias! Have other people tried this?

Also, the processing wait for a DSD file was about 90 secs whereas for a FLAC file it was over 5 mins. Is this variation to be expected?

Philip

Hi Philip ----- I also have a Lampizator Komputer - but with a Big 7 DAC -- but have not had much luck trying to upconvert to DSD.

I've read all the messages in this thread & made various adjustments/ tweaks over the past few weeks - I've also set it to play from RAM ( but realize this step needs to be re-activated whenever the power is toggled). But I can't seem to get it to play DSD without massive stuttering/ buffering -- even converting just to DSD64. ( my Big 7 is only capable of DSD 128 -- but I'd be happy just getting DSD64 to work -- not that I'm unhappy with the PCM sound quality)

I've checked PCM resampling steep filter -- set attenuation to -5 db ---Noise shaping to SDM-4--- it will play fine for about 5 minutes - but then starts buffering -- so I switch back to straight PCM

Are you having any difficulties playing DSD & what sample rate can you play at ?

thanks for any help or advice you can provide on the settings you are using.

Bart

Thanks Philip & Triplefun -- I also have 16.07 ------- CPU usage is at 0.24 0.19 0.15 -- which I assume is okay.

I've revised my Audio Device Advanced settings to the ones you are using -- in most areas - mine were not even close to yours. I'll stick to DSD 64 rate for now & see how it handles it -------- Do you play from Ram or not & what Noise shaping settings do you use in the audio devices settings?

thanks again

Bart

I only tried playing from Ram yesterday & with the load times -- it's impossible to do any meaningful A/B -- I'm sure it can't hurt - but I don't think it's worth the trouble. I seem to be playing PCM to DSD at 64 now -- but I had to make some changes to my settings that differ from yours ( see attached) -- but at least it's working for now.

I'm a little nervous changing the CPU load settings -- the unit has a 3.6 Ghtz Xeon E3-1200 V3 4th gen -- but the CPU settings are set at 1.000 Ghtz -- likely to reduce overhead and heat -( I'm just guessing) - & I assume the lower the settings the better as long as it's not stuttering -- which seems to be under control for now - Hyperthreading is off an all the power management boxes are unchecked

thanks again settings.JPG

• 1 year later...

Although I no longer use daphile and when I did it was a headless Linux os -  when mounting the shares - I had trouble until o realized that I had to click save after browsing or entering the location of my library - then it connected fine - using cffs