IGNORED

Call for testers! Daphile

Hello All

I was using daphile some months ago but had to stop using as my PC had conked off. Was using a raspberry as source

I did install the latest daphile yesterday and was happy to know now we can play from RAM and upsample as we can do on Hqplayer

I could manage to enable PLAY FROM RAM but somehow cannot find settings for PCM upsampling

All I could find is some settings in audio devices but it has no noise shaping option

So if possible please guide me where the settings are

Also my dac does not show what bitrate signal is from transport so anywhere I can confirm up sampling happening

Thanks in advance

• 4 months later...
Will probably do that after I'm done with setting up the current version; found the pcm to DSD tab but selecting that just make the music stuttering, so maybe need to look into what causing it. Coming from rpi/volumio, but lately volumio is getting worse in my opinion, so decided to try daphile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please check cpu clock speed in settings. Sometimes it set to lower clock speed by default. I maybe wrong in my oberservations but no harm in checking what the CPU clock speed is set to and try increasing if it's on the lower side and check if stuttering has gone for playback when selecting pcm to dsd conversion

• 5 months later...

Anyone using a hammerfall dsp 9632 sound card with daphile?

My friend has the sound card on his music PC and wants to try out daphile

The sound card is detected, files also start playing but there is no sound

Have checked the audio device settings and nothing seems to be wrong 

Line out is enabled 

If anyone can help on this issue it would be really great 

5 hours ago, Triplefun said:

I looked up the dsp 9632 web site and could not see a Linux driver. Therefore it will not be supported by Daphile?

I don't think that can be the issue because daphile does recognize the sound card and that too with it's proper name

That's what I understand

• 10 months later...
8 hours ago, botrytis said:

No problems here. I am using a dual core Pentium D and I have no issues with up sampling. You do not need massive horsepower to run music.

Yes not much horsepower needed when playing audio files as it is

Anything cd resolution and being upsampled to DSD resolution needs lots and lots of cpu power 

At times even 6th gen i7 struggle to do upsampling to DSD 512