IGNORED

Call for testers! Daphile

I also could not get SMSL M8 DAC (SMSL M8 ES9018 24Bit / 384KHz DSD DAC Optical/Coaxial/ XMOS USB Asynchronous Decoder - Professional Audio Store - Shenzhenaudio.com) working in Daphile. Daphile recognized the DAC. I could see the DAC switching modes when I fed in music files with different PCM sampling rates or DSD formats. I could not hear any sound coming out of the DAC though. The DAC worked flawlessly with foobar2000 on a PC.

Exactly same happens with Gustard U12 and Javs X3 HDSD DAC, Ifi-Audio Nano iDSD and Denon DA-USB300 dacs work fine

• 1 year later...
a.dent, regarding the pic that you posted, there is no player for me to select because when I choose 'Audio Player' on the top left, I no longer see what you are seeing. All I see is 'Local players are connected to external server' right in the middle of the page. I installed a copy of Daphile to a new USB drive and this time under 'General' settings I chose 'Local' Media server instead of 'External' Media server and now I am able to select my player on the lower right and I now have the "play from RAM" selection control option available to me, but since I cannot access my external LMS server I am unable to stream Tidal to my laptop running Daphile. What I want to be able to do is use the "play from RAM" selection control and have access to my external LMS server. Is that possible?

I don't think that Ram play is possible with an external LMS server but you really shouldn't need one, I used Ickstream on Daphile's LMS server before and now I don't even need Ickstream anymore since LMS now has a native Tidal plugin :

Capture.JPG

Has anyone any experience of using the local user interface, Enable player control application on daphile. It does work so I can control daphile even if there is no pc or network present but the monitor on screen display is very much simpler than the normal networked screen. Any way to get the same screen.

Thanks

thyristor44

That application is called Jivelite, I've seen builds for Mac and Windows also

• 1 month later...
There is now a new beta that should fix the problem. It should also fix the problem of the "clicks/noise" between tracks when converted to DSD with Native DSD support.

Native mode is now working without extra noises between tracks at least on Ifi iDSD Nano in DSD256 mode but there is still a small gap between tracks on gapless albums like Dark side of the moon.

Do you hear the gap also with DSD64 and DSD128?

Yes, it might be a bit shorter on lower bitrates but it's always there. In DoP mode gap seems to be even shorter but I can still hear it.

Can I ask, what sort of computer do you use to listen to DSD256? I also have an ifi nano dsd, but with my Athlon 5350 2.05GHz, I get constant stuttering, which makes it not powerful enough...

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile mobile app

It's an Ivy Bridge i3 cpu but I can't check exact model since that system is running in headless mode and ssh connection doesn't seem to work with latest beta

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...