IGNORED

Call for testers! Daphile

Hi everybody,

I've tried several times but still can't make Daphile works on my laptop.

I'm using a 4gb usb thumbdrive, tried both using the "UNetBootin" and "Universal-USB-Installer" but still with same results.

When I restart the laptop and booting from the "Removable drive" option, all I get is black screen and top of the screen stated

"SYSLINUX 4.07 EDD 2013-07-25 Copyright © 1994-2013 H. Peter Anvin et al" and it stay like that forever.

I also already connected the LAN cable and try to go to http://daphile, http://daphile., and http://daphile.local but without any success, and all of this is done when the black screen is still displaying the above wordings.

I'm not very good in Linux and such, but I can make Volumio works on Raspberry Pi so I think I shouldn't have any problem with Daphile.

Please anybody help me out..

sedest, core32, I managed to make it works using the Rufus, thank you very much! :)

but now i'm having problem outputting to my Mytek 192 DAC, on the setting page it kept on stating can't initialize the Mytek DAC, please turn off and on back, of which I already tried several times. :(

• 1 year later...

Hi everybody, may I know where can I find the option of convert PCM to DSD?

All I have is Convert DSD to PCM, DSD-over-PCM encoding (DoP), and Native, but I can't even select Native. Please help me here. [emoji22]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there any possibility that I've installed it wrongly? Wrote the image using Rufus to thumb-drive, boot my laptop and Daphile is working. From the installation guidelines, I need to go to the setting on Daphile and install it again from system software but never managed to pick any storage, it's being greyed out.

For my case I wrote using Rufus to thumb drive as dd image. Then I booted the pc with it. After that I went to Settings and installation. From the drop down list, I could see the thumb drive. So I installed Daphile back to the thumb drive I used to boot the pc. When I restarted, it would run from the thumb drive correctly.

Okay buddy, will try to do all the installation process back, thanks for the reply.

Will probably do that after I'm done with setting up the current version; found the pcm to DSD tab but selecting that just make the music stuttering, so maybe need to look into what causing it. Coming from rpi/volumio, but lately volumio is getting worse in my opinion, so decided to try daphile.