IGNORED

Call for testers! Daphile

HELP!!

Hi all

I have just bought a Lampizator Komputer and am using it with Daphile. I have loaded all my files (metatagged with Yate) into the internal hard drive, and am using iPeng9 with an iPad. All my files show up in the Music Folder but lots of them don't appear in the Albums or Artist folders. I have also tried Squeezer with a Samsung Galaxy tablet, with the same result.

Has anyone got any idea what is wrong please?

Cheers

Philip

Hi again!

False alarm!! My mistake- they are all there.

But I do have an issue- some of the files are split into two Albums, with most of the tracks showing on the first Album and the rest on the second, even though in Yate they all show as being in the one file.

This must be a metatagging issue. I thought I would try an alternative metatagging app. Preferably it would work on my MacBook Air, although I could manage on Android if necessary. Any recommendations please?

Philip

Hi again!

False alarm!! My mistake- they are all there.

But I do have an issue- some of the files are split into two Albums, with most of the tracks showing on the first Album and the rest on the second, even though in Yate they all show as being in the one file.

This must be a metatagging issue. I thought I would try an alternative metatagging app. Preferably it would work on my MacBook Air, although I could manage on Android if necessary. Any recommendations please?

Philip

I have discovered the problem, and i case it helps anyone else, I thought I would report back.

I found that most of the files that gave problems were files that I had previously applied conversion software to, either to convert them from FLAC to AIFF or from AIFF to DSD. When I went back to the original files, they loaded on Daphile with no metatagging problems. The rest of the problem files were CDs ripped using iTunes, although strangely most CDs ripped using iTunes were fine. I re-ripped the problem CDs using the CDRipper in Daphile (which is very very good) and everything was fine, although I usually had to add Cover Art using Yate.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all

I have a really peculiar issue. When I set PCM>DSD at DSD64, everything is fine. In fact great, I am incredibly impressed with the conversion SQ. BUT when I set PCM>DSD to DSD128 and play native DSD256 files, I get stuttering!! Back to PCM>DSD at DSD64 and DSD256 files play perfectly.

I know this sounds stupid. I mean, when I'm playing native DSD256 files the PCM>DSD conversion program is not being used! But illogical as it sounds, this is what happens. (Incidentally, the PCM>DSD128 plays PCM files just fine.)

My server is the Lampizator Komputer but I don't imagine that is relevant since it is altering the settings in Daphile that creates the issue.

Any ideas, any one? Cheers

Philip

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

I have just discovered the "Play From RAM" option in the bottom right hand of the main page. I think it improves the SQ significantly, but this could be expectation bias! Have other people tried this?

Also, the processing wait for a DSD file was about 90 secs whereas for a FLAC file it was over 5 mins. Is this variation to be expected?

Philip

• 1 month later...

Hi Bart

My Komputer/GG plays native DSD fine all the way to DSD256 so long as I set PCM>DSD64 but native DSD256 stutters when I set PCM>DSD128 (don't have a clue why!!).

It will convert PCM to DSD without stuttering on both PCM>DSD64 and PCM>DSD128, but I keep the setting at PCM>DSD64 for the reason described above.

My Audio Device Advance settings are:

PCM Resampling filter: Quality Very High, Phase Response Minimum Phase, Bandwidth Steep Filter Unchecked, Attenuation -3db, Track Transition Delays both 1000ms, Player buffering both at 2048MB, Buffer time 400ms, Period Count 10.

Hope this helps. Let me know how you get on.

Cheers

Philip

From previous posts, you will be aware that playing DSD256 files on my Lampi Komputer/GG set up causes stuttering if I have PCM>DSD set to DSD128.

Unfortunately I have decided that PCM>DSD128 does indeed sound better than PCM>DSD64, so I am reduced to the inconvenience of switching settings to PCM>DSD64 when I want to play a native DSD256 file!!! I wouldn't mind so much if I could think of a plausible reason for this anomaly.

Bear in mind my situation if you have any further possible thoughts!