IGNORED

Call for testers! Daphile

On 5/11/2019 at 10:35 AM, Ricardo007 said:

Is it possible with daphile as OS to bridge server and player as Austin pop thread intitled "a novel way to ..." describes for windows

/30376-a-novel-way-to-massively-improve-the-sq-of-computer-audio-streaming/#comments

Richard 

I wanted to try Daphile for the first time... but was not able to connect my Synology NAS or my uRendu. Like Richard, I wanted to connect the uRendu directly from the PC (Kaby lake, i7 8550u). PC has two ethernet ports, so thought this would work. It’s easy to do on Mac and Windows, but I’ve never used Linux (wouldn’t count the uRendu!). 

My NAS has an IP address that doesn’t seem to change, but that isn’t working with Daphile (following NFS guide). The uRendu does change its IP address between 192.168.1.7 and one similar I tried. But neither connected to Daphile. 

Any suggestions to help this fool out would be greatly appreciated 🙏

Hop all are safe and well, Luke

TF cards - USB  -> GentooPlayer in RAM on Rpi4b, Ian’s PurePi II, FIFO Q7, HDMI-pro  -> Audio GD R-27 -> S.A.T. Infinity monoblocks -> Gallo Stradas + TR-3 sub / Erzetich Phobos

• 3 months later...

I’ve yet to update - anyone notice a difference in sound with the new kernel? 

TF cards - USB  -> GentooPlayer in RAM on Rpi4b, Ian’s PurePi II, FIFO Q7, HDMI-pro  -> Audio GD R-27 -> S.A.T. Infinity monoblocks -> Gallo Stradas + TR-3 sub / Erzetich Phobos